Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    well I have had a busy housekeeping kind of day, and they house is now looking much cleaner, but why and how does it take so long to do it all???

has anything exciting been happening?

Same sort of day here to
    housekeeper is not fun
    but did get all my laundry done :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    There you go...bit of light reading for you! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Salk

What a clever man

What did we do before we had google

oh i remember

Britannica was our friend

and they still get opened, when i need to dust around them :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any news on Nyannie neck
    hope she's ok
    sending wishes her way xxx
  • Options
    Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woohaa!!! :D

Brand new battery for my laptop and I'm up and running again. :D

I love my Kindle but posting on it is a bloomin' nightmare. I can't make it do anything but very basic posting, and as for it's habit of predicting what you want to say......just don't get me started. I have sent some very strange emails to people as a result of that. :blush:

So how are we all? Good I hope. :)
    I have a lot of pages to get through, seems you've all been busy.

Ohhh, new pictures of John and youtube link - off to investigate. (Could use a little 'Columbo' type smilie here, but this will have to do :cool:

Back in a bit..........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't need it, the pictures are public. He posts the links to his Instagram through his twitter.

http://instagram.com/xjohnjamesx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eozCe75raq8

There's also a lot of pictures of him on his friends Instagram account.

http://instagram.com/denisbaxter

He's doing a lot at the moment.

Thanks Luke for the links, have bookmarked John's Instagram, nice quick link for when anything happens lol. :blush:;-)

So Leafy Langy then is presumably named after the town they live in, Langwarrin, a quiet, leafy neighbourhood apparently. Sounds nice. :)

John unfortunately has deleted some of the pictures, but he's had a moan about paps and Darryn Lyons (who incidently is now Mayor of Geelong, don't think I'll ever get over those 'abs' as seen on CBB :o ) in true John style http://instagram.com/p/uMxGLLnEnO/?modal=true :D

Seems to have quite an interesting line in shoes.....are these the new 'hats'?
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Darryn lyons is a mayor!! whatever is the world coming to!!

wow that has thrown me....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    afternoon everyone, thank you for the link about Jonas Salas

Im glad John seems to be having fun, and posting photos etc, its nice to see what its like on the other side of the world

Thank you for the information about Portrait Artist, I will put it on record, im also curious to see the latest portraits/interview s done by Grayson Perry , he has a way of getting under the skin of things.

I need to check when this is on, I know it starts this week.....

have a lovely evening everyone xx
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    I'm good thanks guys how's everyone doing x

Glad to hear you are great. I'm doing quite well - neck doesn't click so much and I don't have pins and needles in my hands anymore.

However, I had an accident at home - stupid me - and I am now hobbling around. First time I have used my computer in a couple of days!

So glad to see you posting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Thanks Luke for the links, have bookmarked John's Instagram, nice quick link for when anything happens lol. :blush:;-)

So Leafy Langy then is presumably named after the town they live in, Langwarrin, a quiet, leafy neighbourhood apparently. Sounds nice. :)

John unfortunately has deleted some of the pictures, but he's had a moan about paps and Darryn Lyons (who incidently is now Mayor of Geelong, don't think I'll ever get over those 'abs' as seen on CBB :o ) in true John style http://instagram.com/p/uMxGLLnEnO/?modal=true :D

Darryn Lyons - now that is a blast from the past! He was Mr Paparazzi! Guess he went back to Oz when his company went bankrupt. What I find so sad is that he was a very good journalist when he first started out.

Like John's new car
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hey Lena :D
    nice to have you back we do miss you, when your not here :D

its nice seeing all these new photos of John and i like your columbo face :cool:

not sure whats going on with the pink shoes :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Darryn lyons is a mayor!! whatever is the world coming to!!

wow that has thrown me....

:o:o no......... really :o:o
    the worlds gone mad :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Glad to hear you are great. I'm doing quite well - neck doesn't click so much and I don't have pins and needles in my hands anymore.

However, I had an accident at home - stupid me - and I am now hobbling around. First time I have used my computer in a couple of days!

So glad to see you posting.

Oh Nyannie you're really in the wars at the moment
    what did you do
    take care and rest up xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nyannie get better soon.......

At last I have found a hairdresser I like. After months of ones that don't quite get my hair right. :-(

we started to watch Grayson Perry last night on C4 , what a fascinating man he is, as were his portraits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening all

I have had enough of sitting with my foot raised. FED UP!!!! I went over on the outside of my left foot - the one with the split tendon. Think hI should stop doing housework.

Glad you found a hairdresser augusta. When you have a good one you need to tie them down and don't let them go.

Had to cancel the ballet on Saturday - I really don't think my foot is going to be good enough to take the train and walk and walk.

Phone ringing and o/h never answers it.

Back tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nyannie get better soon.......

At last I have found a hairdresser I like. After months of ones that don't quite get my hair right. :-(

we started to watch Grayson Perry last night on C4 , what a fascinating man he is, as were his portraits.

Thats great News Augusta, so important to find the right hairdresser, i hate having to find
    a new one, they just need to listen to you, after all you know your hair and what
    it will and won't do :D

i,ve been watching a show called the leftovers, its creepy and weird and seven episode in, i,m
    still not sure whats going on, but it keeps drawing me back in.

Morning my the way :D xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening all

I have had enough of sitting with my foot raised. FED UP!!!! I went over on the outside of my left foot - the one with the split tendon. Think hI should stop doing housework.

Glad you found a hairdresser augusta. When you have a good one you need to tie them down and don't let them go.

Had to cancel the ballet on Saturday - I really don't think my foot is going to be good enough to take the train and walk and walk.

Phone ringing and o/h never answers it.

Back tomorrow.

I know its hard, but keep resting it Nyannie,

so sorry you are missing the ballet :(

take care :D xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning

Well i went to Mum and Dads Yesterday

we walked the sea front at Worthing in t shirts the weather was so glorious

once again popped on to the pier so we could play the slot machines
    my son loves those :D ok and me :blush:

then went to the New Harry Ramsdens for lunch , and i have to say
    very good, lovely place, great fish and chips

followed by a whippy with flake :D

the perfect summer day , if you over look its the end of October :o:D

need to go food shopping today
    will be back later
    send wishes xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i love walking along the pier , brings back so many lovely memories, Worthing is a lovely place as well

Last day of holidays, do I rest or finish all the jobs I have been gradually working my way through all week?
    decisions decisions

bad luck about your foot nyannie, I hope it gets better soon, what a shame you had to cancel the ballet. :-(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i love walking along the pier , brings back so many lovely memories, Worthing is a lovely place as well

Last day of holidays, do I rest or finish all the jobs I have been gradually working my way through all week?
    decisions decisions

bad luck about your foot nyannie, I hope it gets better soon, what a shame you had to cancel the ballet. :-(

It really was a lovely day :D

i hope you rested and gave yourself the day off Augusta

i have my sweet bucket ready for the trick and treaters
    Happy Halloween Ladies :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all!

Well, I have finished my Xmas cards and wrapped a couple of presents. Keeping my foot raised, which is a bit uncomfortable.

I love walking along the beach. When I was little we went to Atlantic City and played on the beach there.

A bit annoyed. The man who was supposed to come and cut our hedges didn't show up. O/H very cross.

Well, guess I will hobble upstairs to do the ironing. O/H is experimenting with new canapes for our Xmas drinks party - I am going to try a couple once I am able to stand for more than 2 minutes. Luckily almost everyone we have invited is coming - only one couple may have to go down to the West Country as their parents aren't well. I raided the pound shop and got napkins, table cloths, really nice paper plates and doilies. I was really surprised I got such nice things.

Best go - o/h has brought lunch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all!

Well, I have finished my Xmas cards and wrapped a couple of presents. Keeping my foot raised, which is a bit uncomfortable.

I love walking along the beach. When I was little we went to Atlantic City and played on the beach there.

A bit annoyed. The man who was supposed to come and cut our hedges didn't show up. O/H very cross.

Well, guess I will hobble upstairs to do the ironing. O/H is experimenting with new canapes for our Xmas drinks party - I am going to try a couple once I am able to stand for more than 2 minutes. Luckily almost everyone we have invited is coming - only one couple may have to go down to the West Country as their parents aren't well. I raided the pound shop and got napkins, table cloths, really nice paper plates and doilies. I was really surprised I got such nice things.

Best go - o/h has brought lunch.

a least it sounds as if your OH is looking after you, bad luck about your hedges, I wonder why he couldn't come.

I went to see the film of Mr Turner yesterday, OH and daughter went to a horror film and I got to see Mr Turner. It is a slow film and a few people in my cinema let, but it is a wonderful film .

The story of his life is fascinating and brings in so many elements. Turner was such wonderful painter with a really strange backstory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all

Thanks for the review augusta - I am hoping to see Mr Turner this week - if I am up to taking the bus!

Thought the marking on Strictly last night was bizarre.

Do you realize we meet in a month? I will send more details closer to the time. I really hope I don't have another accident before then - I am now able to walk down the stairs properly. Still keeping foot up though.

Have a lovely day all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning, very damp and grey here, I'm missing the sun already. :(
    At least the wind has died down, it was blowing a gale last night.

How's the foot nyannie, better I hope?

This is just a quickly for now as I'm on the Kindle as I'm on courier alert (I find you need to be camped in the hall if you have any chance of getting the door open before they're half way back up the path) :D

Once he's been I'll get the laptop out and have a proper catch up. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Evening all

What a busy start to the week already
    getting rooms ready for guests :D

Friends from South Africa
    all over for the Rugby, my house is going to be full , but its going to be fun :D

try out my new steam cleaner on the bath rooms and tiled floors, very pleased it
    get in to all the small spaces, that are hard to clean :D

Didn't watch strictly was out for the evening, but i did see the result show
    and was pleased with who left.

going to have a quick read, then a bath
    be back tomorrow :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good morning, very damp and grey here, I'm missing the sun already. :(
    At least the wind has died down, it was blowing a gale last night.

How's the foot nyannie, better I hope?

This is just a quickly for now as I'm on the Kindle as I'm on courier alert (I find you need to be camped in the hall if you have any chance of getting the door open before they're half way back up the path) :D

Once he's been I'll get the laptop out and have a proper catch up. :)

Very grey here to Lena
    don,t let that courier get away, i find parcel left all over the place, they stick them in bushes, behind bins, its hunt for the parcel over here :D

Then we have the postman who thinks he can drop elastic bands all
    over my drive, picked up 5 last week :D

looking forward to the chat :D