Options

Producer Interviews

Comments

• Options
    SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DOCTORS
    1. Will the opening titles and closing graphics recieve a revamp soon as with the theme tune which is beginning to sound outdated?

EASTENDERS
    1. Is Christmas going to be a happy or depressing Christmas?
    2. Are the titles and theme tune going to be refreshed?

HOME AND AWAY
    1. Last year it was hinted that the opening titles would return in at the beginning 2012, however this didn't happen. We have heard the new theme tune a few times - Does this mean we could see the opening titles return in 2013?
  • Options
    sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neighbours

Do you feel the teens dominate most of the screen time? The elder characters don't really get many storylines. Will that change?
  • Options
    Thank youThank you Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eastenders.

Are we going to see more Phil and Derek scenes coming up?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Fure2009 wrote: »
    Hollyoaks;

- You recently gave Carmel (who is a very comic character) a very big storyline to pay off, is there any other characters who is going to down in the same route with a big storyline, like; Cheryl, Cindy, Barney, etc?

- We have also seen some glimpses of Martha's behaviour when she's drunk and she hits Lacey, is this going to develop and have a new storyline?

- Will we ever see Riley play football?

I love this question about Riley
  • Options
    Zen LotusZen Lotus Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks

If I understood correctly you said that for Brendan and Ste to have a chance to be together properly 2 things needed to happen. One, Ste needed to stand up for himself and second Brendan needed to make some changes.
    Now the 1st thing happened with the money scam and Ste showed that he can protect himself pretty well. About the second one can you give us hints about what will happen to Brendan to make him rethink things about himself? Will it be something related to Ste or something completely different?
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SOAPYFAN wrote: »
    DOCTORS
    1. Will the opening titles and closing graphics recieve a revamp soon as with the theme tune which is beginning to sound outdated?

EASTENDERS
    1. Is Christmas going to be a happy or depressing Christmas?
    2. Are the titles and theme tune going to be refreshed?

HOME AND AWAY
    1. Last year it was hinted that the opening titles would return in at the beginning 2012, however this didn't happen. We have heard the new theme tune a few times - Does this mean we could see the opening titles return in 2013?

You don't need Eastenders new EP to tell you that.. :sleep:
  • Options
    Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coronation street
    would you bring back jenny bradley to see rita? Why do we not see inside emily house?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    You could say the last time Zoe had a major storyline was the end of series 24. Now 2 years later, is Zoe going to have another major storyline anytime soon?

Can we find out more information about Dylan and Toms past?

Is the E.D. going to see any new F2s in series 27?

What;s the craic with Nicks brain tumour? He had 5 years to live and nearly 3 years have gone, so does he still have 2 years left or as he has been having regular scans and there all clear, does he have longer now??
  • Options
    Tass BTass B Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PinkDaisy4 wrote: »
    You could say the last time Zoe had a major storyline was the end of series 24. Now 2 years later, is Zoe going to have another major storyline anytime soon?

Can we find out more information about Dylan and Toms past?

Is the E.D. going to see any new F2s in series 27?

What;s the craic with Nicks brain tumour? He had 5 years to live and nearly 3 years have gone, so does he still have 2 years left or as he has been having regular scans and there all clear, does he have longer now??

Brilliant questions! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Tass B wrote: »
    Brilliant questions! :)

Awwk why thanks :D took me a day or 2 to think of them like. Pained me that there was no point in asking about Nick and Zoe getting back together :cry:
  • Options
    ParoFlameParoFlame Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this opportunity Daniel :) Am I too late for Corrie questions?

I will ask anyway.

Carla and Peter questions to the producer.

I love them. I love their relationship. Tempestuous, intense and passionate. They are like the Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton of Weatherfield! So can you ask the producer not to break them up? Ever.

Is a baby on the horizon for them?

It has been great seeing a much softer side to Carla recently, she has been sensitive, sensible, selfless and very caring, so wouldn’t it be a perfect opportunity to use: Carla finding out she is now pregnant and the arrival of her brother, to lead to Carla having to confront memories of her own childhood, which is something viewers have wanted to know more about for a long time?

Will she ever win Simon over? Their icy interaction has been interesting to watch but I know lots of people want to see them make some progress and grow fond of each other now.

Has Peter really lost Simon to Leanne for good or is there a chance Simon will go back to his dad at some point? Are Peter and Leanne even getting a divorce?

Other questions below.

Any plans to introduce Carla’s father?
    Toyah. Any chance she will come back one way?
    Cheryl Cole has repeatedly spoken of her love for Corrie and has reportedly said she would like a cameo on the show. What is your reaction to this?
    Congratulations on the BAFTA. What does it mean to you for Coronation Street to win awards and appreciation from the public?
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it's not too late because I'd really like to have this answered:

Home and Away
    It was announced a few years ago that a location had been secured to construct a Summer Bay House replica for the show and that the building would be rebuilt after a bushfire burned it down several years ago. Since then, there has been no more news of it. Are there still plans to have scenes filmed outside the exterior of the new Summer Bay House, and if so, when will they be first shown on air?
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Eastenders:
    We always ask new producers what they will do, but what won't Lorraine Newman do? Are there things that she intends to steer clear of?
  • Options
    SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HOME AND AWAY 25TH ANNIVERSARY
    Can you tell us what to expect for the 25th Anniversary which is in just six months?
  • Options
    adenbelle09adenbelle09 Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Questions if it's not too late!

Emma Smithwick:

What are your plans for long running stories?
    Do you have any plans to use long standing characters and relationships (such as Cindy, Tony, Frankie, Nancy, Darren e.t.c) more

What are your plans for Amy?

You've explored the new family units but what about the established ones such as the Osbournes?

Do you have any plans to give long standing actors the big stories instead of the newer crops?

Lynsey seems to be losing popularity.....do you have any plans to rectify this and use Karen, who proved popular with the Silas stuff?

With the success of the rape story last year, are there are any plans to give Jacqui a big story and used Claire Cooper's talent as a dramatic actress?

The Nancy and Darren miscarriage story proved popular....will we get to see more of Jess and Ashley in dramatic stories?

When are we going to see more Diane? She is underused as an actress and character criminally
  • Options
    adenbelle09adenbelle09 Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Questions for Neighbours:-

What are the plans for Jade before she exits? Will there be more Sonya and Jade material?
    Any hints about her exit?

With Jade departing, Neighbours seems to be very low on female friendships (something it used to do so well), are there any plans to rectify this?

Are there any plans to use Jackie Woodburne more as Susan seems to be a bit of a spare part?

What is coming up for Sonya after the Troy drama?

Home and away;-

Georgie Parker is a great actress - is Roo going to be given some dramatic material?

Are we gonna see more from Marilyn and Roo's friendship?
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Neighbours

Susan and Karl seems to be underused particularly Susan as she doesn't get many screentime. Will Susan and Karl get a big storyline soon?

Any hints for Jade's exit storyline?

As the cast size is getting bigger, will that mean other cast members will be underused?

Any news on Kym Valentine? Could she make a return in the future or has Libby left for good?

The sets seem to be cheap, will that change or are you happy with the sets?

Is there anything you want to improve?

Susan doesn't seem to have a friend and she seems lost without Lyn and Rebecca. Friendships are important in Ramsay Street, so are there anything happening?

Will Sonya be getting any big storylines?

The Kapoors have been guests for Neighbours for a nearly a year, why is that?

Sheila Canning has proven to be a popular character, will we see her move to Ramsay Street and become a permanent fixture?

Since Lou is part time, will he be getting any meaty storylines?
  • Options
    rocky2012rocky2012 Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    corrie
    why do they let some storylines drop and not develope over the months eg michelle swap son
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    rocky2012 wrote: »
    corrie
    why do they let some storylines drop and not develope over the months eg michelle swap son

I'd like to 2nd this question - Hayley's son being another example.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks:

After the superb build up and scenes where Riley and Mitzeee finally got together what can we expect for their future, following his belief that she was capable of stabbing Mercedes?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Hi, Daniel! :)
    Things are quiet with Doctors, right now, so I just thought I'd add 2 more questions to your Doctors list! Hope you don't mind!

DOCTORS
    1) It's been made to look like either Freya or Kevin has died at the end of the last episode before the show's Ascot/Wimbledon break. I'm hoping that they both survive but if 1 of them has died, I'd really like to know if it was ALWAYS intended that 1 of them would leave like this or if the actor/actress wanted to leave. I really think there is so much more to their joint story & possible relationship!

2) With the arrival of Howard as Practice Manager, are there any new things/areas/changes that we can look forward to?
    By this I mean, ANYTHING from a new practice to branching out into other areas of healthcare/medicine. Maybe it could be seeing other healthcare professionals (e.g. a physiotherapist, dietician or podiatrist) even if they just visit the surgeries/feature in an episode, once a month. It was good to see a little of what a Health Visitor does through the character of Marina. Or, it could simply be, Howard's initial planned revamp of the Mill with, for example, the bold, weird or zany colours he had in mind, like Fat Lemon/Caribbean Sunrise or whatever they were called!

Many thanks! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Grrr, seem to have forgotten how to select from quotes! Sorry if this ends up looking messy! :o

I'd really like to know the answers to these questions in particular, too!
    flicky1234 wrote: »
    Doctors

3) Zara and Kevin have become quite friendly recently? is this just friends - could kevin end up feeling something for zara?

Great question! I think Kevin has already admitted that he thinks Zara's hot! So I think it could happen! But leading on from your question, I'd really like to know if Zara might start to feel something for Kevin! :D
    Doctors

- So far all we've really discovered about Kevin is that he's a ladies man and wants to win at everything he does. Are there any plans to develop Kevin's back story as shortly after his arrival there seemed to be a suggestion he wasn't comfortable with his ethnicity, will this be a future storyline?

Another fantastic question &, I'd especially be interested in the "ethnicity" bit! It would be a good area to explore! :)
  • Options
    DavidWittsFanDavidWittsFan Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale - any plans to change the credits as they are still very unpopular with viewers?

Corrie - When do you move to the new set?

EastEnders - Any plans to bring in a new family?

Home and Away - with all the male Braxtons isn't it time you added a female into the mix?

Hollyoaks - Frankie is wasted. Will she get more storylines anytime soon?
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit late on this but hopefully you haven't done the Corrie interview yet.

Can you ask Phil Collinson why he felt rewriting history was a fitting tribute to Betty? It paints her very poorly as supposedly now they want us to believe she let her best friend Bet's world fall apart and end up having to leave Weatherfield all because Betty never spoke up. As a long term fan, it's the only thing that's really angered me in recent years.
  • Options
    madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This one includes a spoiler so I'll put it in tags
    Regarding the upcoming episode where a drunk Peter tries to rekindle things with Leanne, are his feelings genuine, like they were when he said he loved Carla, or is he just upset and confused and jealous of the family unit NIck, Leanne and Simon are creating? I really hope it's the latter as Peter has shown no feelings what so ever towards Leanne since they split, and from a viewers perspective, I see him being more jealous of the fact Simon has been accepting of Nick (who Peter hates for good reason, though rather over the top) when he wasn't accepting of Carla at all, which was Peter desperately wanted. I adore Carla and Peter and I know many, many others do, even my Carla hating mum prefers them to Peter and Leanne, so I really hope you don't reunite Peter and Leanne, I think it would be a very bad idea.
This discussion has been closed.