Cheryl Cole Appreciation Thread!

Comments

• Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    magic! rude is going wipe the floor with her, but what does she and her team honestly expect? i know she's technically on her "honeymoon", but the buzz surrounding that wedding bombshell isn't going fend off strong competition. she has airplay, video rotation, but she needs to promoting the single too.:blush:

Exactly, they should have had promo booked in, though maybe they did and her marriage meant she cancelled it.

Cheryl always starts her era's saying how excited she is to be back, and how much she can't wait to get back out there, but she always seems to do the bare minimum, its actually kind of annoying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh wait, looks like she is going to do a little promo.

@JAMESINREHAB: Cheryl will co-host Greg James Radio 1 show on Thursday from 4-7. @CherylOfficial

That is not enough though, she needs performances.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it just plays into the hands to all the people that think her music career is a joke.:blush: her last album was arguably her best so far, but releasing a summery song at the end of the summer as the second single was just plain stupid.:blush: then the campaign was abandoned again, just like the second album.:confused: of course, the ga reunion was important, but there was better music on her album going to waste.:blush:

i had a lot of respect for her launching the third album without the x factor to promote her and she truly deserved her third #1 with "call my name", for the stage dive on the voice alone.:D what i couldn't respect was her ill fated collab with barlow or that disastrous charity show when the she didn't sing when the backing track failed.:blush: i have tried to ignore the rumours, but now there are reports that the marriage isn't legal and that only furthers suspicions that the whole scenario is a cheap publicity stunt.

quite frankly, based on the song, the bgt performance and the video, i don't think she deserves this #1. one can only hope that the second single and the album are much better.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it just plays into the hands to all the people that think her music career is a joke.:blush: her last album was arguably her best so far, but releasing a summery song at the end of the summer as the second single was just plain stupid.:blush: then the campaign was abandoned again, just like the second album.:confused: of course, the ga reunion was important, but there was better music on her album going to waste.:blush:

i had a lot of respect for her launching the third album without the x factor to promote her and she truly deserved her third #1 with "call my name", for the stage dive on the voice alone.:D what i couldn't respect was her ill fated collab with barlow or that disastrous charity show when the she didn't sing when the backing track failed.:blush:i have tried to ignore the rumours, but now there are reports that the marriage isn't legal and that only furthers suspicions that the whole scenario is a cheap publicity stunt.

quite frankly, based on the song, the bgt performance and the video, i don't think she deserves this #1. one can only hope that the second single and the album are much better.:(

BIB: Oh God!! Don't remind me. :o:blush:

I saw that about her marriage, I just can't see her doing something like that for publicity, if she has then that would really shock me, maybe Modest's doing, Leona admitted Modest made her pretend she dated Liam from 1D when she promoted Glassheart, so could be their idea, though she should say no if it was them.

I still stand by what I said, she should have went back to Hilary, she seemed to be really good, though maybe she didn't want to manage again.

I don't know if you heard but apparently the second single was originally meant for Britney Jean, but once the producers found out she wouldn't promote the album, they pulled the track and it made its way to Cheryl. I think that is likely the Sia track.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    BIB: Oh God!! Don't remind me. :o:blush:

I saw that about her marriage, I just can't see her doing something like that for publicity, if she has then that would really shock me, maybe Modest's doing, Leona admitted Modest made her pretend she dated Liam from 1D when she promoted Glassheart, so could be their idea, though she should say no if it was them.

I still stand by what I said, she should have went back to Hilary, she seemed to be really good, though maybe she didn't want to manage again.

I don't know if you heard but apparently the second single was originally meant for Britney Jean, but once the producers found out she wouldn't promote the album, they pulled the track and it made its way to Cheryl. I think that is likely the Sia track.

lady antebellum were the true winners following that awful performance.:blush:

i cant believe leona said that, wow, just wow. cheryl should be above all of that, i mean she's made a fortune out of endorsements, tv show roles, music sales and that out of court settlement must have bagged her a few quid. i am amazed that her mother was a witness at the wedding, she wasn't exactly amused with ashley's behaviour and i cant imagine her wanting to see cheryl make a fool of herself again.:blush:

doesn't hilary manage "the saturdays"? their fans are constantly blaming her for them flopping, but she did a fine job with girls aloud.

the sia song sounds promising, but if its a ballad then she will have to lip the hell out of the song on the inevitable x factor performance.:D it makes sense that she would be given a britney cast off, their vocal ranges are fairly similar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lady antebellum were the true winners following that awful performance.:blush:

i cant believe leona said that, wow, just wow. cheryl should be above all of that, i mean she's made a fortune out of endorsements, tv show roles, music sales and that out of court settlement must have bagged her a few quid. i am amazed that her mother was a witness at the wedding, she wasn't exactly amused with ashley's behaviour and i cant imagine her wanting to see cheryl make a fool of herself again.:blush:

doesn't hilary manage "the saturdays"? their fans are constantly blaming her for them flopping, but she did a fine job with girls aloud.

the sia song sounds promising, but if its a ballad then she will have to lip the hell out of the song on the inevitable x factor performance.:D it makes sense that she would be given a britney cast off, their vocal ranges are fairly similar.

I can't remember if I read or watched an interview with them and they said they saw it, but I think they dodged saying it was good, just that it was an honour that the Queen heard their song. :p What they must have thought. :o I still can't get my head around it, surely she must have sang it well in their rehearsals for them to even consider doing it on stage?

I never realised she managed The Saturdays, but she did a brilliant job with Girls Aloud and handled Cheryl's solo career great imo.

Oh I hope it ain't a ballad for X Factor, she needs to put on the full works imo for her big return to that stage, more hype, if she is doing a ballad, then she has no excuse for below par vocals, at least when she mimes she is dancing, she can't just stand and mime imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Number 1 on itunes with Magic on her heels at 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thankfully, the queen didn't have to endure that performance if i remember correctly, she came later, i think?!:D adele nailed her performance of the song, but that is hardly surprising i guess.:D maybe, nerves got the better of her on the night, it was a big deal after all.:blush:

her lead wont last, i hate to sound constantly negative, but i just cant see her holding on all week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thankfully, the queen didn't have to endure that performance if i remember correctly, she came later, i think?!:D adele nailed her performance of the song, but that is hardly surprising i guess.:D maybe, nerves got the better of her on the night, it was a big deal after all.:blush:

her lead wont last, i hate to sound constantly negative, but i just cant see her holding on all week.

I don't think her lead will last either, though surprisingly she has been increasing her lead all day, which I didn't expect to see, but I'm sure that will end soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I don't think her lead will last either, though surprisingly she has been increasing her lead all day, which I didn't expect to see, but I'm sure that will end soon.

A post on the main forum state's shes currently outselling magic 2:1 hoping she keeps it up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A post on the main forum state's shes currently outselling magic 2:1 hoping she keeps it up

You can see her last two updates she has started to decrease with them increasing, you never know though, she may manage to stay ahead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am surprised she's managed to last 24 hours to be honest.:o magic! are hot on her heels though and i still suspect they will surpass her by midweek. funnily enough, the song has finally clicked on me today, it is rather catchy, csl that is.:D

it turns out i was wrong about hilary managing "the saturdays", their are managed by "fascination management" and the guy behind that management company, worked at polydor, so that is the girls aloud/cheryl connection. hilary doesn't seem to have a lot of acts on her books these days, so i am sure she would gladly welcome cheryl back if things don't work out at "modest".:D

speaking of which, relations between her and will.i.am seems to cooled ever since she changed management.:blush: i just wonder if it has anything to do with that out of court settlement she received from "blue orbit" shortly afterwards?:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am surprised she's managed to last 24 hours to be honest.:o magic! are hot on her heels though and i still suspect they will surpass her by midweek. funnily enough, the song has finally clicked on me today, it is rather catchy, csl that is.:D

it turns out i was wrong about hilary managing "the saturdays", their are managed by "fascination management" and the guy behind that management company, worked at polydor, so that is the girls aloud/cheryl connection. hilary doesn't seem to have a lot of acts on her books these days, so i am sure she would gladly welcome cheryl back if things don't work out at "modest".:D

speaking of which, relations between her and will.i.am seems to cooled ever since she changed management.:blush: i just wonder if it has anything to do with that out of court settlement she received from "blue orbit" shortly afterwards?:p

She is doing better than I thought too, I expected to come on tonight and see they had climbed to at least 0.8000 on Kworb, but they have only just managed to climb above 0.7000 which surprised me. She might hold onto it for another day or two.

http://kworb.net/popuk/

Hmm, I think they are probably still friends, didn't The Voice 'Watch Phone Call' happen after the settlement? He is probably really busy and she might have just chosen not to work with him, his material isn't exactly great anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl is throwing a party in London tonight and noticed at the end of this article Hilary is pictured arriving, so they clearly are on good terms.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2700643/Nicola-Roberts-Kimberley-Walsh-arrive-join-Cheryl-Fernandez-Versini-wedding-party-celebrate-marriage-Jean-Bernard.html

It was said at the time, although Hillary would no longer be managing Cheryl, she was still in charge of Cheryl's charity, so maybe they do still work together, but just on that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is doing better than I thought too, I expected to come on tonight and see they had climbed to at least 0.8000 on Kworb, but they have only just managed to climb above 0.7000 which surprised me. She might hold onto it for another day or two.

Hmm, I think they are probably still friends, didn't The Voice 'Watch Phone Call' happen after the settlement? He is probably really busy and she might have just chosen not to work with him, his material isn't exactly great anymore.

yeah, she is still leading (although she has been in the red since sunday) and may hold on another 24 hours, but this could potentially her all important 4th #1, so what is she doing throwing wedding parties? she should be doing promotion.:confused: a radio tour, daytime tv, whatever it takes quite frankly. if she doesn't up her game then she deserves to lose imo and i don't particularly think that magic! song that good to be honest.:blush:

is it just me, but doesn't nicola look pretty great at that party? i guess sarah and nadine's invites got lost in the post.:p it goes without saying that kim and cheryl look great, but is that "mrs c" tattoo still on cheryl's neck?!:blush:

i didn't watch the voice, so i don't know anything about that.:D the last i read was a tweet from her urging will to call her, but i don't know what came of that. i agree, will's music has been atrocious lately, but most of his singles seem to chart pretty well.:confused:

on a more positive note, did you catch her capitol ball live set? much like the bgt performance, the dancing was stripped back, but i actually think she sang "call my name" live.:o it wasn't very good vocally, but still.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah, she is still leading (although she has been in the red since sunday) and may hold on another 24 hours, but this could potentially her all important 4th #1, so what is she doing throwing wedding parties? she should be doing promotion.:confused: a radio tour, daytime tv, whatever it takes quite frankly. if she doesn't up her game then she deserves to lose imo and i don't particularly think that magic! song that good to be honest.:blush:

is it just me, but doesn't nicola look pretty great at that party? i guess sarah and nadine's invites got lost in the post.:p it goes without saying that kim and cheryl look great, but is that "mrs c" tattoo still on cheryl's neck?!:blush:

i didn't watch the voice, so i don't know anything about that.:D the last i read was a tweet from her urging will to call her, but i don't know what came of that. i agree, will's music has been atrocious lately, but most of his singles seem to chart pretty well.:confused:

on a more positive note, did you catch her capitol ball live set? much like the bgt performance, the dancing was stripped back, but i actually think she sang "call my name" live.:o it wasn't very good vocally, but still.:D

Well I have been reading Buzzjack and after seeing the midweeks they think it is going to be hard for Magic to overtake her now, which has surprised me, I am still going to be pessimistic though, so I ain't disapointed if she does actually miss the top spot. I agree with you though, she really should be doing more promo.

She does, she does seem to constantly be improving looks wise, shes really pretty now.

I don't understand why she had to show that tattoo, press coverage?

I think she sang live too, and personally I didn't think it was any worse than the mimed performances, she is never going to sound amazing though. I still like her voice on soft ballads.

Edit: Forgot to include the midweeks,

1 Cheryl Cole feat. Tinie Tempah - Crazy Stupid Love (66.3k) *
    2 MAGIC! - Rude (44.7k) *
    3 Charli XCX - Boom Clap (16k) *
    4 Ella Henderson - Ghost (14.2k)
    5 Rixton - Me And My Broken Heart (12.9k)

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=168203&st=0
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    nope i love the song ...but that is ready for the taking by magic!... as that song is a grower!!!

its going to be such a close call!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Cheryl Cole feat. Tinie Tempah - Crazy Stupid Love (78.2k)* [+11.9k]
    2. MAGIC! - Rude (56.6k)* [+11.9k]
    3. Charli XCX - Boom Clap (21.6k)*
    4. Ella Henderson - Ghost (21k)
    5. Rixton - Me and My Broken Heart (18.2k)

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/cheryl-cole-on-track-for-fourth-solo-number-1-single-with-crazy-stupid-love-3285/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    She still standing strong at the top of itunes n number 1 in the midweeks she could have her 4th number 1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She still standing strong at the top of itunes n number 1 in the midweeks she could have her 4th number 1

She's at the top, but she is not standing strong, she has been decreasing like mad and it looks like either tonight or tomorrow morning she will be overtaken.

I am really hoping she has done enough though to secure the number 1 spot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I have been reading Buzzjack and after seeing the midweeks they think it is going to be hard for Magic to overtake her now, which has surprised me, I am still going to be pessimistic though, so I ain't disapointed if she does actually miss the top spot. I agree with you though, she really should be doing more promo.

She does, she does seem to constantly be improving looks wise, shes really pretty now.

I don't understand why she had to show that tattoo, press coverage?

I think she sang live too, and personally I didn't think it was any worse than the mimed performances, she is never going to sound amazing though. I still like her voice on soft ballads.

Edit: Forgot to include the midweeks,

1 Cheryl Cole feat. Tinie Tempah - Crazy Stupid Love (66.3k) *
    2 MAGIC! - Rude (44.7k) *
    3 Charli XCX - Boom Clap (16k) *
    4 Ella Henderson - Ghost (14.2k)
    5 Rixton - Me And My Broken Heart (12.9k)

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=168203&st=0

sorry for the late reply, been busy with work. this is all very interesting and she has that promo on radio 1 later today right? maybe that will boost her lead further?!:confused:

i am just impressed that she is at least trying to sing live more. i agree, its never going to sound amazing, but at least she is trying and yes, nicola seems to have blossomed in recent years.

its kind of ironic that fans on here including myself have been tracking her progress, while she's been partying and hoping that her "soldiers" have purchased enough copies to secure her #1.:D she needs to get off her tattooed a**e and make this #1 happen.:p if she fails on sunday, then we have done all we can and perhaps she'll get her act together for the second single promo wise.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry for the late reply, been busy with work. this is all very interesting and she has that promo on radio 1 later today right? maybe that will boost her lead further?!:confused:

i am just impressed that she is at least trying to sing live more. i agree, its never going to sound amazing, but at least she is trying and yes, nicola seems to have blossomed in recent years.

its kind of ironic that fans on here including myself have been tracking her progress, while she's been partying and hoping that her "soldiers" have purchased enough copies to secure her #1.:D she needs to get off her tattooed a**e and make this #1 happen.:p if she fails on sunday, then we have done all we can and perhaps she'll get her act together for the second single promo wise.:(

Well she has now dropped to number 2, just lets hope she doesn't continue falling and can hold relatively steady to prevent Magic overtaking her sales.

And yeah she will be on Radio 1 today at 4:30, hopefully that will give her a decent boost. Interestly they have finally moved her up to their A-List, though that won't take affect until next week.

I just don't understand why they thought doing the performance almost 2 months before release would be enough, its just stupid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thursday Update:

1. Cheryl Cole f/Tinie Tempah - Crazy Stupid Love (88.1k)* [+9.9k]
    2. MAGIC! - Rude (67.9k)* [+11.3k]
    3. Ella Henderson - Ghost (27.1k)
    4. Charli XCX - Boom Clap (26.7k)*
    5. George Ezra - Budapest (23.6k)

20.2k ahead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she has now dropped to number 2, just lets hope she doesn't continue falling and can hold relatively steady to prevent Magic overtaking her sales.

And yeah she will be on Radio 1 today at 4:30, hopefully that will give her a decent boost. Interestly they have finally moved her up to their A-List, though that won't take affect until next week.

I just don't understand why they thought doing the performance almost 2 months before release would be enough, its just stupid.

it doesn't look like her radio promo worked and i think this seems to close to call. moving her to a-list now is futile, because she will probably drop like a stone on her second week anyway.

it was stupid doing that promo so soon, but they have had 2 months to come up with other promotional opportunities. its a shambles quite frankly and she doesn't even seem the slightest bit concerned.:confused::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it doesn't look like her radio promo worked and i think this seems to close to call. moving her to a-list now is futile, because she will probably drop like a stone on her second week anyway.

it was stupid doing that promo so soon, but they have had 2 months to come up with other promotional opportunities. its a shambles quite frankly and she doesn't even seem the slightest bit concerned.:confused::D

I really don't know what to expect come Sunday as I don't tend to follow charts, only when its a singer I am interested in, so I can't predict looking at these updates what will happen. But looking at sites like Buzzjack that have threads that follow the charts, they seem confident she has the number 1 on lock and don't think Magic will be able to close a 20k gap by Sunday. I think we will get another chart update tomorrow, so that will give a better idea at how fast they are gaining on her.