Options

Beam me up Robbie !!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
Forum Member
The Guardian had a long piece about looking for UFO's on Saturday, it was tenuously linked (or so I thought at the time) to Robbie and I didn't bother reading it.

Then I saw his bedraggled face on the front of The Express and they are running with "Robbie the Alien hunter" story too.

Last thing I read about him on DS, was when Tara Palmer Tomkinson confessed they liked to lie in bed all day watching Deal or No Deal.

Has Robbie taken Cosmic Ordering to heart? Is he watching too much Battlestar Galactica?? What's going on :confused::confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Robbie who?
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    Robbie Williams? Bless him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Robbie who?

Sorry, I should have explained better.

You know that fine actor, no not Antony Hopkins, or Kevin Spacey ..... Jonathon Wilkes, well Jonathan knows this bloke who was once the fat dancer in Take That ;) Oh, am I explaining this very well, anyhow that bloke who was a dancer and was given £80m by troubled record company EMI is now on a quest to find intelligent life in the Universe (and then sell records to them? :rolleyes:).

I just wondered if this is a load of Tabloid crap, or if anyone knows what he's up to. Maybe there are some UFO spotters who read DS who think Robbies doing some good research somewhere, I don't know. Or maybe he's slowly cracking up in America? :confused::confused: Send in Louis Theroux.

I wish Star Stories could update their Take That Story. :D:D
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did read that he was into looking for proof of alien existence, and that Robbie was to host a Radio programme about UFO's - His thespian friend, Johnny, seems to have abandoned him of late - maybe Robster is just trying to make him jealous and win him back by flaunting his friendship with David Icke?:o:p
  • Options
    AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    His thespian friend, Jonathon Wilkes, is working very hard in the touring production of the Wedding Singer, 8 shows per week, and he is said to be excellent in the role. He doesn't have much leeway to fly back and forth to LA to catch up with Robbie, although the round trip can be done, as Darius proved when he was starring in Chicago.

Seems to me Robbie is the one who could more easily keep contact with Jonathon.

I'd like to read about Robbie working with producers or songwriters. I hope he gets his passion for music back instead of this apparent developing obsession with aliens..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airam - have to agree with you on that one - it doesn't seem that Robbie is quite as supportive of Jonathon's career and Jonathon was with Robbie's, does it?
    I may be way off, but it seems Robbie likes those around him to know their place....Goodness knows where it will all end with him anyway - he never seems to be quite the full shilling.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Quote: 'All I'm interested in is finding aliens.'

Well I would politely tell him to eff off and find them then :D
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    trec123 wrote: »
    Airam - have to agree with you on that one - it doesn't seem that Robbie is quite as supportive of Jonathon's career and Jonathon was with Robbie's, does it?
    I may be way off, but it seems Robbie likes those around him to know their place....Goodness knows where it will all end with him anyway - he never seems to be quite the full shilling.
    Robbie was reportedly here a few weeks ago for Jonothon's father's funeral, though not papped admittedly.

Lord knows what the alien thing is all about though -he's co hosting a radio 4 show about the subject next month, with the chap from the Guardian,incidentally.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    I don't particularly like Robbie Williams, but I find myself respecting him. His pursuit of knowledge in regards to the subject, despite press mockery, is admirable. Good for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Isn't he taking a long winded approach to finding Xenu, though? :D
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has found something that he is interested in, good on him. He has the money and can go to all the UFO etc.. meetings. It must be better that sitting on his ass and not knowing what to do next.

I have a soft spot for him and am glad he has found a hobbie. [or is it hobby?]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This excerpt concerns me most
    I’ve been really disappointed,” he says, admitting that this has shaken his wider faith. “This might happen with UFOs, too, and then I might be able to get on with my life.”

I now really really want him to find some tangible evidence of the existence of UFOs so that he never subjects us to another one of his sh*tty songs ever again :D
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This excerpt concerns me most

I now really really want him to find some tangible evidence of the existence of UFOs so that he never subjects us to another one of his sh*tty songs ever again :D

Some of us like him and his songs.:p He is a good looker/showman. I suppose no one can have it all :D

Come on Robbie, you be the first to find ET out there.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    Quote: 'All I'm interested in is finding aliens.'

Well I would politely tell him to eff off and find them then :D

Not unless they find him first. :eek::D
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    spoty wrote: »
    Some of us like him and his songs.:p He is a good looker/showman. I suppose no one can have it all :D

Come on Robbie, you be the first to find ET out there.
    I know Spoty, we keep the faith don't we?

I reckon he could write some great materialout of this new obsession of his.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This "story" prooves once and for all that the press are a gullible lot, Robbie knows what they are like, so he makes up this bizzarre story, knowing that it will be guaranteed to appear in every paper, I bet he had a laugh, when the papers printed it!
  • Options
    millymilly Posts: 5,871
    Forum Member
    He's got too much money,and too much time on his hands.And if there was such a thing as aliens,they'd keep well away from him:p
  • Options
    pierre_gustavepierre_gustave Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Robbie is beamed uo to the mothership.
    Soon.
    He must account for Rudebox.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully if there are aliens they'll find him and take this idiot back to outerspace with them. I get so sick of all of the bulls*t he always talks.:yawn: Glad we haven't had to hear about him much lately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe he hopes the aliens hold the keys to much more advanced technology.

The carb-free, calorie free, fat free, full taste doughnut has been a dream for mankind since the dawn of Krispy Kreme .... and I'm sure the Robster would benefit from any such technology ;):p
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    Robbie, Robbie, Robbie, where did it all go wrong? :confused:

Probably when your ego got too big and you disappeared up your own bottom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He started to truly believe he was a superstar, surrounded himself by hangers on, and drifted off to ga ga land, imo.
    One of his mates should have told him at one point to get a grip and come back down to earth.
    If he wants to hunt for aliens and has the money to give up working and do it, good luck to him....but are we supposed to feel sorry for him when he says in the article that he's working since he was 16, so he needs a break???
    Yes, mate - go and tell that to all the 60 year olds who've been working since they were 14 and haven't earnt in a lifetime what you probably make in a year :mad::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    Robbie, Robbie, Robbie, where did it all go wrong? :confused:

Probably when your ego got too big and you disappeared up your own bottom.

He sacked Guy Chambers..... that's where it all went wrong.

Still, he has been a hard worker and if chasing aliens is what he's after at the mo, then go for it, Robbie.
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This story is quite fun. I wonder if it's just an excuse for the Robster to finally get some anal probing no questions asked, what a great excuse ;):D
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason he isn't doing as he is told and is "on strike" from his new album is because he has no material, he has no one to write his songs for him. He lost Guy Chambers again. Williams has an ego the size of the universe and has seemed to be going slightly mad ever since Take That made their comeback.