Clara, The Tower of London and her timeline out of sync...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
Forum Member
So what are people's theories on how Clara has been at the Tower of London previously despite her only meeting Kate for the first time in DOTD yet photographs already existing....Moffat is obviously going to use this as some form of narrative to link a future story in with the series....any thoughts? All abit timey wimey....

Comments

• loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just assumed she'd been 'invited' on earlier occasions to be checked out and had her memory wiped.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there was also photo of Rose from Turn Left, a reality that never happened... :o
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed — supposing any future story is set on earth before Day of the Doctor, UNIT could have spotted her as an associate and grabbed her for interrogation before she actually met the Doctor.

Or, you know, it could have been one of the other Claras.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Either that...or what happened to the vortex manipulator?!
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stoo2907 wrote: »
    Either that...or what happened to the vortex manipulator?!

The Zygon implied there was only enough power for one trip, and Clara probably discarded it upon arrival, assuming it to be useless. Even if it had been able to make a return trip, she was no doubt expecting the Doctor would have a solution.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    loracan wrote: »
    I just assumed she'd been 'invited' on earlier occasions to be checked out and had her memory wiped.

Pretty much this.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was confused about the fact that Clara is now a teacher. That is good for her character development of course and seems a more likely occupation for her than being a nanny but it takes a while to train to be a teacher so how much time has elapsed from the last show when she was still a nanny?
  • SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I was confused about the fact that Clara is now a teacher. That is good for her character development of course and seems a more likely occupation for her than being a nanny but it takes a while to train to be a teacher so how much time has elapsed from the last show when she was still a nanny?

She could have had the training before being the nanny, just not had a position yet as a teacher.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member

We know she graduated from uni, maybe it was a teacher training course.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Yes, it was implied that Clara had been to the Black Archive and met Stewart before, and had the experience erased. Without the Doctor being with her, it would appear.

There are options for those who already have a degree, and it turns out that one of them is training on the job, so it's possible that she's in the middle of her training.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's absolutely nothing to prevent the 50th being several years after Name of the Doctor. It seemed to suggest some amount of time had definitely passed since Clara has her new job and has obviously moved on in her life. Her and the Doctor are clearly very close and very comfortable with each other. They seem very settled like those who have been around each other a while. It gives them a nice gap to place other adventures in (books, comics, audio adventures).
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was any date shown on screen for the modern day stuff (like we were told the 10th Doctor Liz 1 stuff happened in 1562)?

As going by how much time passed for the Ponds during their latter adventures with the Doctor The Power of Three probably did not happen till 2015 or 2016.

It was in this episode that Kate Stewart met the 11th Doctor for the first time which would suggest (as she knows him in Day) that Day is set after Power and thus is around 2016 at the earliest.

So Plenty of time for Clara to get a teaching degree even if her original Uni Degree wasn't one.