Russell Brand Arrested For Assault

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JTW wrote: »
    Thanks for posting.

Hmm, I don't see any evidence of that on the vid posted.

We only have her word for that. She's obviously going to try and defend him, but it was Russell who looked like he was in a bad mood and jostling them all out of his way right up to the bit where he took a swipe at one of them.

If that vid that's been posted here is anything to go by, then I agree.

That video was shot and edited by TMZ, a website that prospers on paparazzi footage and celebs behaving badly.

So who knows what happened?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Or, he should be grateful that the photographer was there because Brand's massive income depends on being noticed and recognised?

Do they really have to follow him EVERYWHERE though?
    He will get recognised when he is part of a film and gets magazine photos etc promoting him in the film.

He's not gonna get more fans because of a photo of him walking into an airport.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,007
    Forum Member
    I note Russell is wearing a T-Shirt with what seems to be these words....
    God, come on give me a break

Coincidence, Ironic or Delebrate?

Didn't he claim producers didn't ask him to take part in UBB?
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFS. If I was getting surrounded by Pap's I would shove them too.

The police need to be after proper criminals. The police force all around is a ****ing joke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RichardFTW wrote: »
    Do they really have to follow him EVERYWHERE though?
    He will get recognised when he is part of a film and gets magazine photos etc promoting him in the film.

He's not gonna get more fans because of a photo of him walking into an airport.

Photographs of famous people arriving or departing train stations, ports and airports have adorned the press for at least a century.

It's nothing new and is seen part of continued 'brand' awareness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FFS. If I was getting surrounded by Pap's I would shove them too.

The police need to be after proper criminals. The police force all around is a ****ing joke.

So we won't be seeing you on any red carpets soon? :)
  • Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rockroby wrote: »

Is that it?! Big fuss over nothing! I'd push the photographers away too if that was me.
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    i wonder how he would feel if the photographers all decided to leave him alone and never film him again. And also how he would feel if no audience turned up at his shows or paid to see his films? I.e. I bet he'd be none to happy at being unappreciated for the job that he does for a living.

A few years back, I'm sure, like many of these 'now famous celebs' he would cut his right arm off to be in the press or getting any media attention whatsoever. So why complain about it now?
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    So we won't be seeing you on any red carpets soon? :)

I have no talent in anything whatsoever so probably not no.
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood how paps get away with upskirt shots. If any other bloke went out and stuck a camera up a womans's skirt I'm sure he'd be arrested.
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think ive ever seen a celebrity upskirt pic while the celebrity was just walking :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was right to push him away.
    It must be awful walking around with them cameras flashing at you all the time. What were they really going to use the photos for? A magazine article saying "Russell Brand walks into the airport!!"?

Pointless!

I'd do it for the pay. Anytime. Goes with the job description only I'm not too up my own to get to grips with that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was right to push him away.
    It must be awful walking around with them cameras flashing at you all the time. What were they really going to use the photos for? A magazine article saying "Russell Brand walks into the airport!!"?

Pointless!

Takin photos of celebrities doing insignificant things is a MASSIVE business.

There are hundreds of celebrity websites that buy these images, and post them, resulting in a lot of traffic.

Check out the websites below, for isntance:

http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/

http://justjared.buzznet.com/

http://www.thesuperficial.com/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    I dont think ive ever seen a celebrity upskirt pic while the celebrity was just walking :cool:

it was when they were getting out of the car, you can see katy point out to russell which one it was.
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,607
    Forum Member
    JTW wrote: »
    i wonder how he would feel if the photographers all decided to leave him alone and never film him again. And also how he would feel if no audience turned up at his shows or paid to see his films? I.e. I bet he'd be none to happy at being unappreciated for the job that he does for a living.

A few years back, I'm sure, like many of these 'now famous celebs' he would cut his right arm off to be in the press or getting any media attention whatsoever. So why complain about it now?

He objects to receiving the attention that goes with the territory, yet he does not object to invading the privacy of an elderly stranger and leaving offensive messages on his telephone answering facility.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    EddyBee wrote: »
    He objects to receiving the attention that goes with the territory, yet he does not object to invading the privacy of an elderly stranger and leaving offensive messages on his telephone answering facility.

*facepalm*

Oh no, not Sachsgate, AGAIN!!!:yawn:
  • Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no such thing as Bad Publicity.

I expect a Georgina Bailie "See, I always knew he was a wrong'un" Daily Wail interview imminently.
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,607
    Forum Member
    Devilot wrote: »
    *facepalm*

Oh no, not Sachsgate, AGAIN!!!:yawn:

Yes indeed it is.

;)

Russell has proved himself to be no respecter of other people's privacy.

It's good to see that he now finds himself in a situation where he has to cope with people just like himself

Except, our Russell is not coping very well as demonstrated by his performance at the airport.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Yes indeed it is.

;)

Russell has proved himself to be no respecter of other people's privacy.

It's good to see that he now finds himself in a situation where he has to cope with people just like himself

Except, our Russell is not coping very well as demonstrated by his performance at the airport.

I highly suspect publicity stunt. Russell THRIVES on attention. He's like a naughty child who keeps on trying to get you to look at him.:)
  • Options
    PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These paparazzi are pretty pathetic. They seem to think they have the right to do anything to other human beings in the support of their careers yet the minute anyone lays a hand on them they go running to the police. If they are sticking lenses in people's faces and up their dresses they should accept the occasional shove as part of the job, the way they say the celebrity should accept what they do as part of their job.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    This is based on what? A tweet by his bitch?

exactly

and she has shown her snatch plenty of times for the camera, what difference does it make that the papparazzi are doing it.

shes not getting paid for it, only difference, thats why she's angry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowers786 wrote: »
    exactly

and she has shown her snatch plenty of times for the camera, what difference does it make that the papparazzi are doing it.

shes not getting paid for it, only difference, thats why she's angry.

errrr no.
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katy Perry Twitter

If you cross the line & try an put a lens up my dress, my fiancé will do his job & protect me.

about 7 hours ago

I totally believe this actually.
    Even at his most druggy, Brand doesn't seem to have ever been violent or especially vicious towards anyone. I don't think it was a publicity stunt.

Paparazzi are awful people and do this kind of thing to provoke people in to a response.
    Even the Sachs thing was media fuelled and this is just more backlash against a guy for having too much popularity and success.

I'd usually go "hmm" ok, if this was Noel Gallagher, Russell Crowe or Kery Katona or someone... but RB seems a decent thoughtful individual. But then I would think that about Alan Davies, and he bit a tramps ear once.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The photographer hasn't much of of future in the paparazzi game if he can't stand a little shoving out the way. :rolleyes:

Apart from anything else, while he's trying to get Brand arrested, he's probably missed papping another 20 celebs coming off planes. :D
  • Options
    PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emptybox wrote: »
    The photographer hasn't much of of future in the paparazzi game if he can't stand a little shoving out the way. :rolleyes:

Apart from anything else, while he's trying to get Brand arrested, he's probably missed papping another 20 celebs coming off planes. :D

He's probably calculated a nice payout will make up for that.