Rihanna - LOUD (Album discussion thread)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well, it's a bit premature but I really wanted to be the one who started this thread because I love Rihanna.

'LOUD' is her fifth studio album, succeeding the amazing 'Rated R'.

Track Listing:
  1. S&M
  2. What's My Name (featuring Drake)
  3. Cheers
  4. Fading
  5. Only Girl (In the World)
  6. California King Bed
  7. Man Down
  8. Raining Men (featuring Nicki Minaj)
  9. Complicated
  10. Skin
  11. Love the Way You Lie (Part II) [featuring Eminem]

Bonus tracks are yet to be confirmed but she mentioned a broken down version of 'Love the Way You Lie (Part II)' is possible for inclusion as an iTunes bonus track.
There is also speculation that leaked collaboration between Rihanna and David Guetta, 'Who's That Chick' may be a bonus track as well.

The album is preceded by two singles:
  • Only Girl (In the World) - Which is a great dance anthem produced by StarGate with a great video.
  • What's My Name (featuring Drake) which is a great melodic sing-a-long song penned by the talented Ester Dean and produced by StarGate.

The album is released in the Republic of Ireland on the 10th November, the UK on the 15th November and the USA on the 16th November.

There is a lot of hype surrounding the album, that it will be her greatest work to date and Rihanna herself said she has never been more excited by anything she's done before.

There will be a deluxe edition titled the 'Couture Edition' which will feature a 30 minute DVD of 'The Making of Loud'.

This is my most anticipated album of the year!

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    I'm in. Still unsure about Love The Way You Lie Part 2. Feels too much like Empire State of Mind. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I'm in. Still unsure about Love The Way You Lie Part 2. Feels too much like Empire State of Mind. :(

Yeah I get what you mean, but from what I've read about it, it sounds awesome and won't be like Empire State of Mind because Eminem actually features in this...
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to a striped down version of that song. I really liked her stripped down version of 'Umbrella'. Her voice is really unique.

Only two weeks to wait now. It's gonna be great.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot wait! So excited for this album...really looking forward to hearing 'part 2' of 'LTWYL' too.

Also, what is the track that samples Avril Lavigne's 'I'm with you'? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't live in Ireland, but as soon as it gets to November 10th I'm going to try and download a copy!

I want this to do really well for her, I don't even know why, I have never cared about sales etc. before. I can't wait for Man Down and Love The Way You Lie (Part II), just cannot wait to hear the verses on that!!!!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    I cannot wait! So excited for this album...really looking forward to hearing 'part 2' of 'LTWYL' too.

Also, what is the track that samples Avril Lavigne's 'I'm with you'? :)

Cheers :)
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for this. I love Rihanna's style and music. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to a striped down version of that song. I really liked her stripped down version of 'Umbrella'. Her voice is really unique.

Only two weeks to wait now. It's gonna be great.

I have never heard a stripped down version of Umbrella! Do you have a link?
    Forum Member
    Lily_2008 wrote: »
    I have never heard a stripped down version of Umbrella! Do you have a link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=486xlLxE6rQ

It's an acoustic version of 'Umbrella'. Acoustic and striped down mean the same thing right lol?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's an acoustic version of 'Umbrella'. Acoustic and striped down mean the same thing right lol?

More or less :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cannot wait for LOUD!!!!!!

i love her image and the sounds i have heard from the album! Only Girl continues to grow with me, just love the video! hope we get the video to the HUGE What's My Name soon too :) love it.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    No point me in justifying my constant love for Miss Fenty
    Refer to the appreciation thread for that :)

Roll on the leak. Loving the two singles so far. I feel Drake ruins what's my name though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you! I love it!
  • teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for this to be release - I'm looking forward to it SOOOOO much! :D
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I'm VERY excited for Love the Way You Lie II, but I am a bit worried that it'll sound too much like what Alicia Keys did.

I mean, there's no reason why just because it's part 2, it has to sound like Empire State of Mind did, but it wasn't until I read somewhere that Rihanna actually used the words "Broken Down" to describe the song (exactly the same worse as Alicia used), and she said she recorded 3 versions, one with just Rihanna and a piano, wone with Rihanna, piano and drums, and one with Rihanna, piano, drums and Eminem. I was hoping there'd be more in the song than just piano and drums, but I'm still VERY excited for it!! It's not being released as a single, but I reckon it'll go top 10 on downloads alone!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Only Girl (in the world), its alright like but I quite liked Who's That Chick so I'm confident the album will be at least pretty good, at 10 original tracks long (plus the new version of LTWYL) it shouldn't contain as much filler as GGGB:R did so here's hoping. Inital impression are that it won't be as good as GGGB:R or RR but I'm reserving judgement till I've heard the whole thing, which I can't wait to do.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really excited for it, especially to hear 'LTWYL' part ll.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to 'Love the Way You Lie (Part II) but not as much as the other tracks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Rihanna's performances on Saturday Night Live last night. 'What's My Name' was ok, 'Only Girl' on the otherhand was dreadful:

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2010/10/rihanna-performs-saturday-night-live/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gmbstar wrote: »
    Rihanna's performances on Saturday Night Live last night. 'What's My Name' was ok, 'Only Girl' on the otherhand was dreadful:

Ugh please stop linking that site in Rihanna's threads, it's just not necessary. They claim to hate her, obsessed w/ her more like all because she wouldn't do an interview with their flop site.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily_2008 wrote: »
    Ugh please stop linking that site in Rihanna's threads, it's just not necessary. They claim to hate her, obsessed w/ her more like all because she wouldn't do an interview with their flop site.

Yeah, they really go overboard. It's just sad.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    gmbstar wrote: »

that was not dreadful :confused:

i like it, the beats kind of different aswel
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What songs are you all most anticipating from LOUD?

Right now mine would be, Man Down, S&M and Cheers!
    Forum Member
    I think with that performance of 'Only Girl', the weird effect it had made it sound a bit odd. I like the live band arrangement.

Anyway the songs I'm really looking forward to are 'Man Down', Cheers, S&M. Basically the same as you Lost-Boy lol. California Kind Bed sounds interesting too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭