DS The Strictly Dancefloor - Round 4

Comments

• DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    PM'd you, Dean. :)

Hopefully those horrible individuals will just stick to picking song choices rather than insulting others from now on. :rolleyes:
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,206
    Forum Member
    Now this round has a twist

The judges will come into play now

As the bottom couple in the judges leaderboard will instantly go into a dance off. So even more pressure to get your song choice spot on. The couple who finish bottom in the public vote will join the couple with the judges in the dance off

Then their fate will lie in the hands of the four judges.

So your dances for the next round are

Tango
    Mitch and Erin
    Tom and Karen
    Jack and Nicole
    Connor and Lilia
    Jake and Natalie
    Ash and Iveta

Samba
    David and Camilla
    Izzie and Artem
    Toni and Brendan
    Luke and Karen

It is all up to you now - your task is to get your song selection spot on. Could I have all songchoices by Friday 10pm

Good luck
    Forum Member
    they were sent last night izzie. I don't care who reads this as they know who they are. but when you get homophobic inbox messages, you know you don't belong here.

Don't leave Dean:(
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad luck Dean :( I'm extremely disappointed in and angry with whoever sent those messages to you. As Izzie said, this forum in particular is usually a really friendly one. I hope you don't decide to leave because of it. If you get them again, then report the sender straightaway.

As for those who are still in, I repeat my hope from last time that I'm able to give almost everyone at least a 5 rather than a 1 or 2. Tango and Samba are quite difficult to get THAT wrong, so I'm expecting a drastic improvement :)
    Forum Member
    Bad luck Dean :( I'm extremely disappointed in and angry with whoever sent those messages to you. As Izzie said, this forum in particular is usually a really friendly one. I hope you don't decide to leave because of it. If you get them again, then report the sender straightaway.

As for those who are still in, I repeat my hope from last time that I'm able to give almost everyone at least a 5 rather than a 1 or 2. Tango and Samba are quite difficult to get THAT wrong, so I'm expecting a drastic improvement :)

Amy on Sunday it will be down to you, Ross, Jamie and Nick as to who stays and who leaves - so it will be your call
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I'd like to stress that I trust everyone doing this game and trust that they wouldn't send homophobic messages.

Dean, you need to report whoever it was.
  • I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    Also, I'd like to stress that I trust everyone doing this game and trust that they wouldn't send homophobic messages.

Dean, you need to report whoever it was.

As a viewer of the game (since I was not asked to join the competition following my emotional performance yesterday :cry:) I can only really think of one person on the entire forum who would!
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suzy just a quick little thing to say but please can you change the order of the comments we receive? As I know that I mainly get the same person's songs and I can tell who's is who's. :)
  • essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I might know you are talking about too Jess

That's really below the belt whoever has done that. Dean definitely report them. That's disgusting
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Sorry to see you go Dean, both in game and forum. :(

Nice twist for the next round. Looking forward to the Samba routines especially. I think. :D
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a viewer of the game (since I was not asked to join the competition following my emotional performance yesterday :cry:) I can only really think of one person on the entire forum who would!

You'd put the rest of us to shame; there'd be no competition left. :(
    Forum Member
    Right I am going to make a slight tweak to the twist

The judges will score the dances as per normal - but the top couple will receive 10 points, the 2nd 9 (unless a tie of course) - so it will work like strictly, then the lines open and the public vote will have points awarded in the same way

The couple with lowest combined points total will leave - no "dance off"
    Forum Member
    This series is now cancelled
    Forum Member
    :confused:
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    :cry:
    Forum Member
    Still baffled. But not surprised. Perhaps someone else can take over hosting duties.
    Forum Member
    Four songchoices with the word fix in them is a bit too much
    Forum Member
    All I want is for people to start taking it seriously - I want scores to go upwards not downwards which is what seems to be happening. I am regretting coming back to DS now because I feel I am just being made fun of

I may reconsider if people start taking it seriously
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I've explained my song choice in my PM, Susan. :)
    Forum Member
    I do not want to be made fun of- it took a lot of persuasion for me to come back here - and now I am wondering why I bothered

Now I am prepared to delay the show till Monday - so if people want to change their songs I can give them till tomorrow to do so.

The twist is designed to see your marks go up not down. The judges mark as normal and then like SCD there are points given out - then the public vote - when whoever tops the public vote gets the maximum 10 points etc, the couple with the lowest amount of combined points goes

There is now no dance off. It is 50% to the judges and 50% to public vote
    Forum Member
    Susan people are taking it seriously, they are sending songs that they think fit, if they wanna do that, then they do
    Forum Member
    I don't mind if people want to send 'comedy' routines in, its just a bit of fun at the end of the day. :p
    Forum Member
    Exactly Rosco, its a game :confused:
    Forum Member
    Thankyou to those who have sent selections. I am just in need of three choices now.

Danecfloor will now continue :)
    Forum Member
    Some inspired choices for the next round, one in particular was genius.

Highest score is an 8 ( :eek: ), lowest is a 1. :)