Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to Marcus :)
  • Options
    PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lorri Lou wrote: »
    Great ending - and Marcus spoke for many of us with his "Up yours Henson"!

That was funny :D

I think Gavin thought that by getting rid of Joe he had it in the bag :D
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The programme makers were right. The result was a popular one. Not that they'd thought of that of course. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Oh and kicking Snow at them before blaming them again?

Boy how many excuse can you make? :rolleyes:

Just proves how true the old saying is :-

'A bad workman always blames his tools' ............!!

......... and that expression is so true of Gavin Henson. He really doesn't take well to being beaten in competition nor, indeed, accepting criticism as can be noted from his stint on Strictly Come Dancing!!

I can't believe I missed the last episode of this show actually and I've only just been able to log on here to see when it was aired !?:confused:

I switched on my TV on Tuesday evening this week, 9th November, to watch what I thought would be the last episode only to find the film 'Ocean's 13' just starting!! :eek:
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not accepting criticism on Strictly Come Dancing ? Have you been watching the programme or did you miss it ? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    For those of you that don't know the history of the "71° North" concept, have a look at http://www.elkraft.ntnu.no/~eilif/71nord.htm

The Norwegian series is now running it's 12th season with "ordinary" people, in addition to one celebrity season aired spring 2010, and one to be aired spring 2011. :)
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thes next series has been announced but the presenter is to be Paddy McGuiness instead of Gethin Jones. I won't be watching!
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Thes next series has been announced but the presenter is to be Paddy McGuiness instead of Gethin Jones. I won't be watching!

only just found out about the second series, i will still be watching as i really enjoyed this, tbh the presenters dont feature that much so im not bothered who does it. pleased to see Angelica Bell in it and shes great
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shame gethin not doing it but i liked the first series so prob will watch again
  • Options
    MongrelmashMongrelmash Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    The 2011 series lineup is out! See c e l e b r i t a i n . c o m
  • Options
    Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this is back this year? :)

I really enjoyed last years, Gavin annoyed me a lot though and it was brilliant when he was well and truely knocked off his precious high pedalstal and lost to Marcus! :D I really liked Marcus all the way through, but I didn't really see the point init really. The winner didn't get anything, there was no prize, nothing going to charity (usually happens with celebrity reality shows), nothing - still a good series though, just was expecting more of a point of going through all that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just seen the new trailer for this, i dont recognise the new female presenter, they dont have much of a role in the programme so im not that bothered who presents anyway. Saw Angelica, Sean Maguire and was it one of the kemp brothers in there dont know who else. looking forward to this in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I seen the trailer for this too. I don't like Paddy McGuiness (can't remeber his last name) being a presenter for this. I really don't like him as a presenter.

I really like this show, but at the end of the last one, I was disappointed as there seemed to be no point to it. The winner didn't get anything, there was no prize for doing, so it wasn't actually a 'competition' as such. I'm still going to watch the new series of it though. Hopefully they'll be no Gavin Henson wannabe's on it! He made it unwatchable at times!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    looking forward to this on Tuesday at 9pm, though it clashes with Body Farm i will have to watch ITV1 +1
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    deleted: posted in wrong thread. :o
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw the trailer for this, looking forward to it being back!

Sean Maguire looks like he has a big strop!
  • Options
    PJ HunnybunnyPJ Hunnybunny Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a Gavin fan, there, i've admitted it, he made the last series for me so i'm not sure about this one. I'll give it a go & knowing me i'll be hooked lol!
  • Options
    solace2008solace2008 Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw the trailer for this, looking forward to it being back!

Sean Maguire looks like he has a big strop!

I love Sean Maguire. I assume your referring to the trailer. I'm sure he felt one of Paddy Doherty's "Oh Mummy!" moments. I hope he survives week 1, considering he is one of the few younger celebs competing.
    I've heard John Thompson replaces Martin Kemp at some point in the series.
  • Options
    samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solace2008 wrote: »
    I love Sean Maguire. I assume your referring to the trailer. I'm sure he felt one of Paddy Doherty's "Oh Mummy!" moments. I hope he survives week 1, considering he is one of the few younger celebs competing.
    I've heard John Thompson replaces Martin Kemp at some point in the series.

Solace, I've heard that it's
    John Barnes that replaces Martin Kemp in Episode 3

Speaking of spoilers, if you don't want to find out about exits, don't check out ITV Press Office. They had the writeups for the first 3 episodes there and they gave detailed descriptions. The one for next week gave a detailed account of the team captains picking teams and I only saw 9 names so it gave away who leaves tonight in the first episode. Same for the write up for Episode 3.

So if you don't like spoilers, don't go to ITV Press.:mad:
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just starting.

I would hate to do something like this.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found the thread!!! Was looking the TV Programme section :rolleyes:

Never seen this before but have tuned in. Only problem I have is I'm not keen on Paddy...but I'll persevere
  • Options
    TanequilTanequil Posts: 367,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Nicky bloke should get himself to a barber.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found the thread!!! Was looking the TV Programme section :rolleyes:

Never seen this before but have tuned in. Only problem I have is I'm not keen on Paddy...but I'll persevere

I wondered the same thing.

Why is this hidden in here. Should be in the TV Shows forum.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening all... I'm here now ;-)