Better off Ted --- FX pace

124»

Comments

• petestanpetestan Posts: 3,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    Lust in Translation - Funniest thing I've seen on TV for weeks
    That was the best episode so far and the most laughs from any programme for a long, long time.

Have to agree with that absolutely hilarious episode. :D
  • linolino Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last two episodes air next Tuesday and I believe they can be called World premieres as they were never aired in the US..
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    lino wrote: »
    The last two episodes air next Tuesday and I believe they can be called World premieres as they were never aired in the US..

They aired in Australia already.. and they're available on Hulu in the US.
  • linolino Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrkite77 wrote: »

I stand corrected! :)
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrkite77 wrote: »

Regardless of that, top news! I was under the impression they hadn't aired anywhere.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Lust in Translation and nearly had a bloody aneurysm .. funny as hell ..

I loved the klingon glitch towards the end .. "Silence Earth Woman!" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it's bye bye to Better off Ted. Watched the final two tonight and I really loved the first one with the lie detector - borderline pure slapstick in places.

Definitely filed under "should never have been cancelled".
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    It was a great show, made me laugh out loud several times in every episode. Even the worse episode was better than most other shows. Shame that it is gone, it was so funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it was steadily getting better as well.

As far as I've read, it was critically acclaimed in the states. I think they just screwed up with the scheduling of it and never promoted it so it never got anything like the viewing figures they probably wanted.

Still, I don't think it can come back now, even if DVD sales are big enough - Andrea Anders and Jay Harrington have both signed up for other shows.
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    They always cancel the good shows and half of them they don't even give a chance.

But Better off Ted was brilliant and anyone could see that, it was so stupid to cancel it.
  • sjoscinevsjoscinev Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll really miss Veronica
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved this show, had many laugh out loud moments. Shame it got cancelled :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjoscinev wrote: »
    I'll really miss Veronica

Yeah, same here - loved that character. Maybe a spin-off could happen if DVD sales are high enough ?

You could get Veronica, Phil and Lem into another company maybe ?

But then maybe it's better off left alone - remember it for being funny and at least going out at the top of it's game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    They always cancel the good shows and half of them they don't even give a chance.

But Better off Ted was brilliant and anyone could see that, it was so stupid to cancel it.

Im not usually into these kind of shows but this one was really good, whats wrong with American tv networks?
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Magneto wrote: »
    Im not usually into these kind of shows but this one was really good, whats wrong with American tv networks?
    Do mean apart from canceling the good programmes and renewing the crap ones?
  • TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Oh man, I'm going to miss miy weekly hour fix of Better Off Ted! Goddamn it, why do the good always die so young??? And still the likes of Will & Grace, Mad About You and a hundred other imo sub-par comedies go on for what seems like forever!!!
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And it's bye bye to Better off Ted. Watched the final two tonight and I really loved the first one with the lie detector - borderline pure slapstick in places.

Definitely filed under "should never have been cancelled".

That lie detector test episode was hilarious! :D I couldn't stop laughing!

I am thoroughly, thoroughly going to miss this show like mad! :( One of US tv's best kept secrets and a fantastic, very underrated comedy gem! Every actor was perfect in their role and they gelled! I'm sad it's gone however i'm sure FX will be showing repeats which will keep me entertained, it's just sad we won't be getting any new episodes. I could totally see this show lasting for at least 5 full seasons. It really is that good!

RIP Better Off Ted.
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick bump of the thread to remind people that FX are screening two episodes of this every night at 22:00, starting from tonight
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    Just a quick bump of the thread to remind people that FX are screening two episodes of this every night at 22:00, starting from tonight

Excellent. Aaaah Better Off Ted.....what memories! :D