Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Hi Hoppy

I spilt a glass of rose wine over a laptop keyboard once - so probably worse because it was chilled.

I tipped it upside down to drain as much as I could. Took the battery out and then left it all in the airing cupboard for a couple of days.

Amazingly it worked ok, but there was a smell of boiling wine for ages afterwards
    which was a bit embarrassing in the office :o

That was all rather boring I thought, but they seem pleasant and kindly people trying hard.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    I quoted yesterday from trheir website "Jo & John welcome you...."

No mention of Georgia on there.

Was she in the trailer for tomorrow?
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    Chick is seriously irritating me

(such a silly name for a grown man anyway)

You're too young to remember BG but there was a very funny Scottish comedian called Chick Murray. His real name was Charles so maybe it's the same in this case.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know why they go on about the power points?:confused:

I always look around hotel rooms to see how many spare there are for my netbook charger, & chargers for my phone, camera & camcorder batteries.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was she in the trailer for tomorrow?

Didn't look like it. Maybe her mums sacked her? :D
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Must say I did get to like them once I got past seeing them as Heather Trott and Harold Shipman.:o

I burst out laughing at that, brilliant.
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Hi Hoppy

I spilt a glass of rose wine over a laptop keyboard once - so probably worse because it was chilled.

I tipped it upside down to drain as much as I could. Took the battery out and then left it all in the airing cupboard for a couple of days.

Amazingly it worked ok, but there was a smell of boiling wine for ages afterwards
    which was a bit embarrassing in the office :o

That was all rather boring I thought, but they seem pleasant and kindly people trying hard.

Hi SS and happy new year. I am stuck on an old laptop using XP, my replies will now be a couple of hours delayed.:)

The place wasn't too shabby, I think I was being a bit harsh having walked into the week half way through.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    Don't know why they go on about the power points?:confused:

I always look around hotel rooms to see how many spare there are for my netbook charger, & chargers for my phone, camera & camcorder batteries.
    The only time I look for a power point is when I need to plug my hairdrier in.

And you wouldnt believe the amount of times I've been somewhere and there is NO point anywhere near the mirror. Madness I tell ya!
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,581
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »
    You're too young to remember BG but there was a very funny Scottish comedian called Chick Murray. His real name was Charles so maybe it's the same in this case.

Ha! I was going to say the same thing. Showing my age here, but I remember them when they were 'Chic Murray & Madie', they were my mum's favourite comedy duo, but not sure that their act would go down well today. T'was bit sexist.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owllover wrote: »
    daisydee wrote: »
    Ha! I was going to say the same thing. Showing my age here, but I remember them when they were 'Chic Murray & Madie', they were my mum's favourite comedy duo, but not sure that their act would go down well today. T'was bit sexist.

You're right. Am far too young. I've never heard of them! :p
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Hi SS and happy new year. I am stuck on an old laptop using XP, my replies will now be a couple of hours delayed.:)

The place wasn't too shabby, I think I was being a bit harsh having walked into the week half way through.

Happy New Year :)

I just a new laptop with Windows8, took me a couple of days to work my way around it even though I have an Android Phone and a tablet packed with apps.
    The only time I look for a power point is when I need to plug my hairdrier in.

And you wouldnt believe the amount of times I've been somewhere and there is NO point anywhere near the mirror. Madness I tell ya!

The worst for me was the so called nice hotel where the lamp at the my side of the four poster bed wouldn't work. When I checked behind, there was NO socket, just a hole in the wall where one should be! :eek:
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting really bored now. These places are all perfectly nice for their market, and the people (Chick excepted) are all reasonably OK.

What happened to the likes of Mrs T, Donkey Woman, Gordon & Blossom etc. We need more characters please for next week.

BTW - hello again Hoppy!
  • gadwallgadwall Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Didn't think I would like Ben but he's lovely. Really looking forward to the tents!

Chick is an ignorant pig and his son is worse. Really hope they don't win. D'you think Georgia's mum has realised her mistake about who criticised her place? If not, she was unusually generous to the Melksham people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Must say I did get to like them once I got past seeing them as Heather Trott and Harold Shipman.:o

:D:D:D brilliant

i can't watch without thinking this aswell now :D
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    What happened to the likes of Mrs T, Donkey Woman, Gordon & Blossom etc.
    I know your list wasn't meant to be the definitive list of, erm... "character" owners but I felt Julian Peck deserved a name check there... :D

I liked Jason and Chick on day 1 but I think they've become increasingly smug as the week has gone on and it's not attractive.

And neither is Melksham. I know Melksham. It is a hole. Having said that, there's plenty to do and see in the area (providing you've got a car) and anyway, they have explained that they see it as a business hotel. Looks fine to me. I can see how a fridge in the room would lead one to expect a mini-bar but I'd far rather have a fridge in the room in which I can store a nice bottle of white wine rather than lots of minature spirits and mini-mixers at rip-off prices. And no £20 a bottle corkage charge either... :mad:

I think today's couple have identified their market, cater to it efficiently, and while it is a bit clinical, I'd rather have clean and clinical than lots of knicknacks and in-yer-face patterned wallpaper. And apart from an increasingly strong desire to cut off that daft pony tail framing its large bald spot, I thought today's hosts were perfectly pleasant.

But Melksham... :eek:
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep Chick is a Scottish nickname for Charles.
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Chick and Jason see the other two males as a threat of some kind. Perhaps Chick has got small man syndrome. All that "There's only two types of people - winners or losers" made me long for them to lose, but they did get very good feedback iirc. When the competition is glamping it looks like they have the advantage.

Castle or camping? Mmm...:D

Depends on the weather too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep Chick is a Scottish nickname for Charles.

And it rhymes with... ;)
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    And it rhymes with... ;)

flick!
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    I know your list wasn't meant to be the definitive list of, erm... "character" owners but I felt Julian Peck deserved a name check there... :D

And if I did a definitive list, he's be right up there ...... :D
  • kenikikeniki Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knock castle may look very nice, but I would not want to stay there as Chick & Jason are such arrogant game players, It seems to be its Chicks way or no way
    All the others seem really nice though, Would Glamp with Ben & Ceri any day
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chick's getting right on my wick. Hope they don't win! Bet he's been deliberately stingy though because he's such a player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    keniki wrote: »
    Knock castle may look very nice, but I would not want to stay there as Chick & Jason are such arrogant game players, It seems to be its Chicks way or no way
    All the others seem really nice though, Would Glamp with Ben & Ceri any day

I'm actually looking forward to the glamorous camping. There was a yurt one last time - wonder how that couple are getting on these days. Well, I hope.

Jo seems impressed by Chick for some reason. Hope we have a bust-up soon.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A cooked breakfast is a must-have for me on my holiday!

Have to admit, I'm the same, I NEVER cook breakfast at home and consider it a real treat while I'm away. To be honest, this is the only thing imo that let today's place down, other than the breakfast it was lovely!

LOL! Harold Shipman is so apt for him! And does anyone else think Chick looks like Victor Meldrew and Jo looks like Shirley Carter from Eastenders?? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben reminds me of Dom Joly. I am glad he supported today's couple against Chic's rudeness. I don't know why Chic feels he can speak to people the way he does, very bumptious character.
This discussion has been closed.