Person of Interest Season 3 - UK PACE [NO SPOILERS]

Comments

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,669
    Forum Member
    Well that's just ridiculous :o
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,871
    Forum Member
    Lab wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed Channel 5 appear to be not broadcasting episode 17, "/" ?

Last week's episodes were 15 and 16 of 23, and according to both Radio Times and my Tivo EPG this week's episodes are 18 and 19.

Surely Channel 5 won't expect people to follow the series story arc by missing a whole episode out?

That IS odd! According to Wiki, Episode 17 is:

The Machine orders Root on several tasks such as helping a convict escape and using him to impersonate a Department of Defense employee in order to obtain a secret note.

(Wiki actually gives more of the plot away so I've just put the first bit here.)

Episode 18 in the TV guide is outlined as:

The team gets involved in international politics when Finch and Reese are given the number of a former government contractor who is stalking a UN diplomat. Meanwhile, an adversary tries to take advantage of Root.

I think C5 has just given out the wrong info perhaps? I can't think of a reason for missing an episode but who knows??
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up - looks like I'll be watching the missing episode on Netflix
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is rather odd, there are 23 episodes so showing double episodes would neatly finish the series unless they plan on stopping the double episodes before the end.

EDIT: Confirmed - https://faqs.channel5.com/hc/en-us/articles/203797772-What-has-happened-to-Episode-17-from-Series-3-of-Person-Of-Interest

I'm guessing that the week of the finale can't accommodate a double episode or something...
    Forum Member
    varsas wrote: »
    That is rather odd, there are 23 episodes so showing double episodes would neatly finish the series unless they plan on stopping the double episodes before the end.

EDIT: Confirmed - https://faqs.channel5.com/hc/en-us/articles/203797772-What-has-happened-to-Episode-17-from-Series-3-of-Person-Of-Interest

I'm guessing that the week of the finale can't accommodate a double episode or something...

Well done finding that. How can you just completely leave out an episode of a series like this? I know they sometimes put the main plot on hold for an episode but it looks like things happen in Episode 17 which are picked up on in later episodes.

So Eps 22 & 23 will air on the 20th. I was just thinking, Celebrity Big Brother starts on C5 at the end of August and will be on every night for 3-4 weeks at around 10.00pm, followed by the after-show. So they'll need 2 hours a night cleared for that, longer for the launch night (don't know if it will be a Thursday). Maybe PoI needs to be over to accommodate CBB?
  • LabLab Posts: 2,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AKFE wrote: »
    Well done finding that. How can you just completely leave out an episode of a series like this? I know they sometimes put the main plot on hold for an episode but it looks like things happen in Episode 17 which are picked up on in later episodes.

So Eps 22 & 23 will air on the 20th. I was just thinking, Celebrity Big Brother starts on C5 at the end of August and will be on every night for 3-4 weeks at around 10.00pm, followed by the after-show. So they'll need 2 hours a night cleared for that, longer for the launch night (don't know if it will be a Thursday). Maybe PoI needs to be over to accommodate CBB?

BIB I've seen eps 17 and 18 via Netflix, and, without wishing to spoiler, I would say 17 is not only picked up on in 18, but is pretty crucial to the rest of the series.

I know we're used to Ch5 moving programmes around, or breaking up series, on a seemingly ad hoc basis, but this seems a crazy decision even for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... so should I hold off watching the rest of the series? I'm going to sign up for Netflix again later on in the year for 'Jessica Jones' so perhaps I should just stop now :S
    Forum Member
    Lab wrote: »
    BIB I've seen eps 17 and 18 via Netflix, and, without wishing to spoiler, I would say 17 is not only picked up on in 18, but is pretty crucial to the rest of the series.

I know we're used to Ch5 moving programmes around, or breaking up series, on a seemingly ad hoc basis, but this seems a crazy decision even for them.

Thanks. There you go ... even more ridiculous to leave it out. I have never heard of anything so daft with a tv series.
  • PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mishcoll wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up - looks like I'll be watching the missing episode on Netflix

Same here.

Channel 5 doesn't deserve top class shows.

Thank goodness for Netflix.
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered if / aka Root Path was dropped from the schedule because something in it was duplicated in real life recently, but having just watched it on Netflix, I can't see what if anything.

Anyone who is unable/unwilling to sign up to Netflix can find the episode's spoilerish summary here.
    Forum Member
    This is the most ridiculous thing ever. If you "can't accommodate" an episode of a TV show, then sack the scheduler!

As other have said, it's quite an important episode.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,664
    Forum Member
    Poor form. The scheduling department at C5 truly sucks at the moment - the commissioners buy in good shows and then this sort of thing happens.

Looking back on Digiguide, as well as the week they took off for the BB final, before this second block of episodes began they aired a repeat of something else in the slot, so all they had to do was start the run a week earlier to ensure it finished in time for CBB.

It really is a very basic oversight. I don't have a problem with C5 at all and watch many US shows on there happily - but with POI they've let the viewers down repeatedly with very poor decisions. The ratings, miraculously, appear to be holding up okay despite all these shenanigans, but there's certainly an element of what might have been with this show if it had enjoyed any degree of stability whatsoever.

Netflix to the rescue I guess. For the rest, a bit of a WTF moment to come when they realise.
  • petestanpetestan Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness I came on here to read this otherwise I would be thinking what the heck is going on, flaming Channel 5 again, they are pathetic. If anyone wants to see episode 17 online it's available on couchtuner or watchseries websites.
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Are Five trying to sabotage this show on purpose? Do they want ratings to drop so they can justify taking it off air?
  • LabLab Posts: 2,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. There you go ... even more ridiculous to leave it out. I have never heard of anything so daft with a tv series.

Funny thing is, I only noticed this discrepancy because usually OH and I usually watch this at Ch5 pace, but because of work OH has got a few episodes behind.

With nothing else on tomorrow we planned a movie night so I thought I'd get up to date as of Thurs 6th. It was only when I looked at next episodes on Netflix compared to Ch5 I realised what was happening. Have now seen ep19, halfway through I thought it was a 'story of the week' which could have been missed, I was wrong.

Hope you guys have managed to source ep17 before tomorrow's double bill.
    Forum Member
    Can anyone kindly provide a link to where I could watch episode 17? I don't have Netflix, etc. The only places that I could find offering it, were US sites and/or sites I cannot access. I half considered getting it from iTunes, mean as I am, but they don't seem to have episodes beyond 16.

I think the very least Channel 5 could do, if they are not going to air the episode on tv as part of the series run, is let us have it for free on Demand5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the very least Channel 5 could do, if they are not going to air the episode on tv as part of the series run, is let us have it for free on Demand5.

That would be interesting to see...
    Forum Member
    That would be interesting to see...

As in "not gonna happen"? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, I've tweeted them the suggestion and will drop them an email in a mo. I don't see why they can't do it!
    Forum Member
    Lol, I've tweeted them the suggestion and will drop them an email in a mo. I don't see why they can't do it!

Excellent. I've just emailed them too.
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    I watched Ep 17 last night. I have to say, Root is a very annoying character. She walks around with that smug look on her face. The less we see of her the better IMO.

I am surprised Ch5 have dropped this episode, as I thought it was quite important episode when it comes to "Samaritan".
    Forum Member
    There is no room in the schedule for a single episode of PoI because C5 is obsessed with bringing us wall-to-wall programmes about people on benefits. You can catch any of the following (and more) in the next couple of weeks or on catch-up.

My Big Benefits Family
    Benefits: Me and My 26 Kids
    Undercover Benefits Cheat
    Benefits by the Sea: Jaywick
    The Benefits Estate
    Gypsies on Benefits

What a shame Episode 17 is not entitled "Vigilantes on Benefits" or "Finch: Software Genius on Disability Benefits” as then they’d be showing it tonight, tomorrow and for ever more!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 5 replied and won't add it to demand 5:

Thank you for your recent e-mails regarding Person Of Interest.

As you know, we are unable to accommodate Episode 17 from Series 3 in the current run on Channel 5 and 5 USA and the series will continue with Episodes 18 and 19 tonight, Thursday 6th August on Channel 5 and tomorrow, Friday 7th August on 5 USA.

Unfortunately, we are unable to make Episode 17 available on Demand 5 until after it has been broadcast on television and are sorry to disappoint you.

Thank you for your interest in Channel 5.
    Forum Member
    Pretty much the same reply I got, varsas, along with a reminder that "scheduling is one of the hardest tasks that modern broadcasters face".
    Forum Member
    Pretty much the same reply I got, varsas, along with a reminder that "scheduling is one of the hardest tasks that modern broadcasters face".
    It can't have been that difficult to work out how many weeks they needs to finish POI in and just schedule CBB the week after that! :o>:(