Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway - The Return of Good Old Fashioned Telly!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It blimin marvelous to see good old fashioned saturday night live TV entertainment back.

This stuff knocks spots of shows like x-factor.

Can we please make more TV like this for Saturday nights! :D

Comments

• ThugAngelThugAngel Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yar!!!
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Since Strictly finished there has been absolutely nothing worth watching on Saturday Nights. SNT reminds me of the shows I used to watch growing up, Noel's House Party, The Generation Game, You Bet, Don't Try This At Home, Stars in Their Eyes, Beadles About etc.

There should be more shows like this on TV!
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,216
    Forum Member
    There's already a thread on this forum for Saturday Night Takeaway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »

So?:confused: Does it really matter?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    I think they want a wider discussion on Saturday night TV in general (i hope?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »

Well done - this is another one, but with the sub topic of the return of good old fashioned telly returning to our screens. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So?:confused: Does it really matter?

People are so precious. ;)
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    I agree. Since Strictly finished there has been absolutely nothing worth watching on Saturday Nights. SNT reminds me of the shows I used to watch growing up, Noel's House Party, The Generation Game, You Bet, Don't Try This At Home, Stars in Their Eyes, Beadles About etc.

There should be more shows like this on TV!

Don't forget Casualty on BBC One:rolleyes::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they want a wider discussion on Saturday night TV in general (i hope?)

Yes, that's what I took the OP to mean.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame that the programme that follows Saturday Night Takeaway dosen't fall in to the same category!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James30 wrote: »
    Don't forget Casualty on BBC One:rolleyes::eek:

I've not watched Casualty since about 1998. I don't know anyone who still watches it. Surely its long since run its course?
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is so many reality shows on tv. It is really good to see a show that can really entertain and make us laugh
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one horrified that they played a trailer for that new horror film Mama in the ad break at 7:20pm?? Thank God I hadn't left my 8 year old alone in the ad break while I got up for a drink or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Am I the only one horrified that they played a trailer for that new horror film Mama in the ad break at 7:20pm?? Thank God I hadn't left my 8 year old alone in the ad break while I got up for a drink or something.

I was more intrigued by the Territorial Army recruitment campaign advert which basically implied that you could have a very high risk of treading on a mine if you decide to join.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    dezire wrote: »
    I was more intrigued by the Territorial Army recruitment campaign advert which basically implied that you could have a very high risk of treading on a mine if you decide to join.

Never saw that but had to grab the remote fast and shout "don't look". It's really unpleasant. I am getting seriously ****ed off that I can't trust the watershed anymore.
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    I thought the show seemed a bit purposeless
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    I thought the show seemed a bit purposeless

This type of entertainment doesn't need a purpose, goal or final record deal....it's just fun for the sake of fun. Nothing wrong with that. :)
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It blimin marvelous to see good old fashioned saturday night live TV entertainment back.

This stuff knocks spots of shows like x-factor.

Can we please make more TV like this for Saturday nights! :D

good old fanshioned? i take it you are in your teens
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    This type of entertainment doesn't need a purpose, goal or final record deal....it's just fun for the sake of fun. Nothing wrong with that. :)

It's not fun! It's cheesey and corny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, that's right because Noel's House Party, The Generation Game, You Bet, Don't Try This At Home, Stars in Their Eyes, Beadles About etc were really quite recent. Duh. :confused:
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it was a refreshing change from stupid dating shows, reality shows, boring quizes etc etc. It really was like Saturday nights of yesteryear. :cool:

For me, the Twitter segment was unfunny and of no interest, but the Ant v Dec challenge was exciting and I laughed out loud at the Louis Walsh thing. (Well tbh, I was laughing at Ant & Dec laughing, but it still amused me). :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How patronising.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's right because Noel's House Party, The Generation Game, You Bet, Don't Try This At Home, Stars in Their Eyes, Beadles About etc were really quite recent. Duh. :confused:

a show which was on 4 years ago is not old fashioned
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How patronising.

only if you read it that way :)
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Louis Walsh thing was absolutely hilarious!

Can't wait for the undercover where they spoof One Direction and Jeremy Kyle. I can't stand Ant and Dec on any show...apart from this one.