Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    ch958ch958 Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    the Unibet ad with the wooden sportsmen (retired) sat on armchairs in a marquee with folk stood around behind

just terrible absolutely terrible
  • Options
    Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    That ghastly little man in the armadillo jacket who shrieks 'Yer buy one, yer get one free, I said, yer buy one, yer get one free". I still don't know what he's advertising as I leap for the remote to change channels.

And I'd like to drown Barry Scott in a bath of his Cillit Bang.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, we can also put Barry Scott in our Breaking Bad acid bath we mentioned upthread.

Any more nominations for our bath ? :D
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one where people start dancing in the cafe and in wanders Lorraine Kelly.......really grates on me
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That awful Burger king advert it drives me insane I can't stand it. Especially the end it's horrible.
    And that walkers advert where they are trying to guess which one is the actual food. I hate their awful reactions.
  • Options
    The HemulenThe Hemulen Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    Yes, we can also put Barry Scott in our Breaking Bad acid bath we mentioned upthread.

You could have Barry Scott downstairs directly under the bath just before the ceiling comes down? Lets see his spray clear up that mess of part dissolved human flesh and bathtub..
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That awful Burger king advert it drives me insane I can't stand it. Especially the end it's horrible.
    And that walkers advert where they are trying to guess which one is the actual food. I hate their awful reactions.

What does Richard Blackwood sing to the girl at the very end of the ad and what is the girl's response as I can never make it out?
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does Richard Blackwood sing to the girl at the very end of the ad and what is the girl's response as I can never make it out?

I'm not actually too sure and that's one of the reasons why I hate it. All I hear is something like boom boom burger king in an annoying voice and it quickly cuts.
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »

Lorraine Kelly
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could have Barry Scott downstairs directly under the bath just before the ceiling comes down? Lets see his spray clear up that mess of part dissolved human flesh and bathtub..

Imagine it did clean it up.
    I know I'd buy it
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    118 118 - Small print at the bottom of the screen says it costs £1.88 per call and £2.57 PER MINUTE! That's already £4.45 on the FIRST MINUTE! :o
  • Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    118 118 - Small print at the bottom of the screen says it costs £1.88 per call and £2.57 PER MINUTE! That's already £4.45 on the FIRST MINUTE! :o

Someone's got to pay for those two jerks in the tracksuits
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anyone who uses such services deserves everything they get.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Anyone who uses such services deserves everything they get.

Especially if they're using their mobile to find a number rather than, I don't know, going to yell.com or using its app. (Assuming that it's a smart phone, obviously.)
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I find it incredible that they are still going, who in their right mind would use such an extortionate service when it would be much easier and cheaper to go online?
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    Especially if they're using their mobile to find a number rather than, I don't know, going to yell.com or using its app. (Assuming that it's a smart phone, obviously.)

I find it hilarious in one of the current 118 118 ads they try to justify the above point by having a woman with broken glasses. One of the two 118 runners asks the other "Why didn't see just use the internet 118" to which the other replies "She couldn't see 118".

2 issues with their logic. One if her eyesight is so poor without her glasses that she couldn't use the internet on her smartphone (which allows you to zoom in and out of the text) then she would be unable to read her smartphone screen to bring up the dialler and then type in 118118.

Second, if your out and about and you break or lose your glasses then you'll probably have a spare or old set at home. So you would just wait till you got home and use your spare/old set and if need be visit your own optican a few days later to buy a new set. The last thing you would do is phone a directory enquiry line which is going to cost you a minimum of £4.45.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Andre and Iceland. "That's why Peter goes to Iceland." Yeah I'm sure he does. Not.
  • Options
    TelenautTelenaut Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    snafu65 wrote: »
    Peter Andre and Iceland. "That's why Peter goes to Iceland." Yeah I'm sure he does. Not.

I thought he went to iceland because whatever was his career came to an end.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it incredible that they are still going, who in their right mind would use such an extortionate service when it would be much easier and cheaper to go online?
    Even FREE ;-)
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That No 7 Lipstick ad with that crappy "show them you're a sexy lady" song blaring out as they show you rather off-putting mega closeups of mouths plastered in lipstick.
    And then that incredibly annoying "Ta Dah" at the end!
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telenaut wrote: »
    I thought he went to iceland because whatever was his career came to an end.

Meow hehe!
    Bloody hate those Andre Iceland ads.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How many more times do we have to hear Sheridan Smith singing Cilla's 'Anyone who had a heart'?

Soooooo annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykd7172CUeA
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    DrWholmes wrote: »
    The Toyota yaris ad with the people driving around badly singing Bruno Mars, there are so many songs that are better to drive and sing along to! Not feeling the passion for that car, just sounds like they're in pain!

I detest this one. Why did they have to have such terrible godawful singing in it to get the message across I don't know.

M&S is also crap. Skinny minnies prancing around with twig legs in hold ups? Really M&S??
  • Options
    KodazKodaz Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telenaut wrote: »
    I thought [Peter Andre] went to iceland because whatever was his career came to an end.

I suppose technically he was (and is) a singer, but let's face it- Peter Andre's job is being a professional "celebrity", regardless of what he supposedly does.

As long as his latest spat with Katie Price (*) is seen fit to include in mags sold at the Superdrug checkout, or to provide clickbait for some s****y celeb website, he has a "career".

When you think about it, it's ludicrous that we're even discussing him in 2014. His mid-to-late 90s "career" singing watered-down reggae pop as an excuse to show off his abs lasted the expected couple of years before the adolescent female fanbase outgrew the need for that year's "Non-Threatening Boy". That's where it should- by all rights- have ended.

He'd be remembered today as that briefly-popular cheesy 90s guy with the six-pack and permanently-open shirt who sang "Mysterious Girl" and a couple of other songs- and by 2004 or so that's pretty much what he was.

Then he did that "I'm a Celebrity" crap, and it all came back to life like a zombie. Then he hit it off with Katie Price, and *that* was all over the place; at the time I couldn't have given a t**s about either of them, but I thought it was at least nice that they were obviously happy with each other in contrast with the endless celebrity relationship breakup muckraking.

So, of course, they went on to fall out and become *the* uber mudslinging "he said, she said, he called her an... etc" public break-up celeb couple.

Can we just go back to Peter Andre being a "whatever happened to" 90s footnote? Thanks! :D

(*) Another Professional Celebrity, of course- she was only ever famous for getting her knockers out, and she doesn't even do that these days.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Drunk people who've lost their phone maybe?
This discussion has been closed.