Options

The situation between Mel B and her family

Comments

• Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    opps_Upp wrote: »
    I get dreadful bruising after I have bloods taken.

same here , I was in hospital earlier this year , I had cannulas in both arms and had terrible bruising so people really should not read anything into that , also some papers say hubbie never went to the hospital "according to friends" whilst The Mirror had that her husband and friends were by her bedside, so I would take the tabloids with a very large pinch of salt.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    same here , I was in hospital earlier this year , I had cannulas in both arms and had terrible bruising so people really should not read anything into that , also some papers say hubbie never went to the hospital "according to friends" whilst The Mirror had that her husband and friends were by her bedside, so I would take the tabloids with a very large pinch of salt.

But the bruise on her face couldn't be explained away thus, surely?
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    And maybe it worked?

We have no idea if there is any DV. And nor do her family. They are making assumptions about her husband and adding fuel to the fire with incendiary, loaded tweets.

All we know is that Mel was ill enough to warrant a hospital admission and miss Saturday. And given that it is a Simon Cowell show she missed, we don't even know that for certain. He wants Tulisa back in the fold? Have her stand in for poorly Mel.

See Tulisas got a new single out ;-);-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the bruise on her face couldn't be explained away thus, surely?

If she collapsed and banged it it could , we do not know what happened and the tabloids are all making things up as they go along to fit a photo and have differing stories. When I want into hospital I walked from the ambulance into A&E ( horrid paramedic but that's another story ) but collapsed part way there in the corridor and hit myself on a wheelchair that they then put me in, I had plenty of scrapes so I would say the only person who knows what's happening is Mel herself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she collapsed and banged it it could , we do not know what happened and the tabloids are all making things up as they go along to fit a photo and have differing stories. When I want into hospital I walked from the ambulance into A&E ( horrid paramedic but that's another story ) but collapsed part way there in the corridor and hit myself on a wheelchair that they then put me in, I had plenty of scrapes so I would say the only person who knows what's happening is Mel herself

Sorry to hear that - sounds like you had a traumatic experience.

You're totally right of course - I was jumping to conclusions and shouldn't have done.
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Domestic violence, handling stolen goods and beating a mallard to death with a brick: The chequered history of Mel B's husband who has been in and out of trouble with police for over two decades

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2876133/Domestic-violence-handling-stolen-goods-beating-mallard-death-brick-chequered-history-Mel-B-s-husband-trouble-police-two-decades.html#ixzz3M5qm31Mq

Not nice :(
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    di60 wrote: »
    Domestic violence, handling stolen goods and beating a mallard to death with a brick: The chequered history of Mel B's husband who has been in and out of trouble with police for over two decades

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2876133/Domestic-violence-handling-stolen-goods-beating-mallard-death-brick-chequered-history-Mel-B-s-husband-trouble-police-two-decades.html#ixzz3M5qm31Mq

:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not nice no, but that does not make him guilty of what some of the tabloids are running with based on a photo and their usual unnamed alleged sources . I would wait and hear what the lady herself may say and then believe that.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member

Obviously we can't really comment on recent rumours, but based on that story he seems like a massive ****.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody that willingly kills an animal is a psychopath.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody that willingly kills an animal is a psychopath.

I'm not sure that's an accepted medical diagnosis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure that's an accepted medical diagnosis.

Possibly not, but there is a proven link between psychopathy and lack of remorse/empathy:

http://www.examiner.com/article/animal-abuse-indicates-high-risk-of-psychopathic-disorder
  • Options
    Gail forceGail force Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Not nice no, but that does not make him guilty of what some of the tabloids are running with based on a photo and their usual unnamed alleged sources . I would wait and hear what the lady herself may say and then believe that.

You'll have to wait until she is finished negotiations with Hello or OK magazines for the exclusive rights to the story I suppose. She'll milk it for every penny she can. Got no time for the woman personally. She plays too much into the scary I'm well hard image for my liking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly not, but there is a proven link between psychopathy and lack of remorse/empathy:

http://www.examiner.com/article/animal-abuse-indicates-high-risk-of-psychopathic-disorder

But not between killing ducks and psychopathy

Plus we don't know that he has no remorse or empathy.

He certainly has exhibited a lack of control at times and poor decision making. Doesn't make him a psychopath.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But not between killing ducks and psychopathy

Plus we don't know that he has no remorse or empathy.

He certainly has exhibited a lack of control at times and poor decision making. Doesn't make him a psychopath.

Are ducks not classed as animals then?:confused:

As the article I posted says - there is a link between animal abuse and psychopathy.

I admit I made a sweeping statement when I said that killing animals = psychopaths. But anyone that willingly kills a living creature - whether a duck or otherwise is clearly not someone who has much idea of decency/boundaries and how to behave. Wouldn't be someone I'd choose as a lifelong partner anyway. He also beat up his ex partner.

I appreciate that people can change, but the dossier of evidence so far is less than salutary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are ducks not classed as animals then?:confused:

As the article I posted says - there is a link between animal abuse and psychopathy.

I admit I made a sweeping statement when I said that killing animals = psychopaths. But anyone that willingly kills a living creature - whether a duck or otherwise is clearly not someone who has much idea of decency/boundaries and how to behave. Wouldn't be someone I'd choose as a lifelong partner anyway. He also beat up his ex partner.

I appreciate that people can change, but the dossier of evidence so far is less than salutary.

I don't want to get all argumenty, but you said 'but there is a proven link between psychopathy and lack of remorse/empathy:

Nothing about animals.:confused:

Didn't read your article. Yes some psychopaths abuse animals. but not all people who abuse/kill animals are psychopaths.

And dossier? A few incidence which yes, are certainly less than salutary but don't make him Dr Evill.

I'm not actually trying to defend him here. Just trying to be rational and not jump to conclusions where all we have to go on are (I think) two historic convictions (one violent, one handling stolen good. And photos of him in a fight in a nightclub (allegedly defending Mel) Not great, but he denies the killing the duck and all the rest is utterly unsubstantiated. Un-named sources , friends of friends selling their stories and Mel's estranged family.

Not enough to hang him really. Or label him as a psychopath.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to get all argumenty, but you said 'but there is a proven link between psychopathy and lack of remorse/empathy:

Nothing about animals.:confused:

Didn't read your article. Yes some psychopaths abuse animals. but not all people who abuse/kill animals are psychopaths.

And dossier? A few incidence which yes, are certainly less than salutary but don't make him Dr Evill.

I'm not actually trying to defend him here. Just trying to be rational and not jump to conclusions where all we have to go on are (I think) two historic convictions (one violent, one handling stolen good. And photos of him in a fight in a nightclub (allegedly defending Mel) Not great, but he denies the killing the duck and all the rest is utterly unsubstantiated. Un-named sources , friends of friends selling their stories and Mel's estranged family.

Not enough to hang him really. Or label him as a psychopath.

Fair enough.

But my original point (badly made, admittedly) was that there is a proven link between killing animals and psychopathy. Not all people that kill animals are psychopaths, no, but people who kill animals can sometimes be shown to have psychopathic tendencies and sometimes go on to kill people.

(Not saying for one second he has killed anyone btw).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough.

But my original point (badly made, admittedly) was that there is a proven link between killing animals and psychopathy. Not all people that kill animals are psychopaths, no, but people who kill animals can sometimes be shown to have psychopathic tendencies and sometimes go on to kill people.

(Not saying for one second he has killed anyone btw).

I think the torturing (not just killing) animals is part of a triumvirate of animal torture, fire starting and bed-wetting that most psychopathic serial killers in american jails that were interviewed for one study found. If all three are present in a child it may mean that they might grow up to be a psychopathic serial killer.

(Not saying he is a psychokiller of course :D )

There are also some other studies that show a link between adults that neglect or abuse animals also may neglect or abuse their children - but then they would tend to be neglectful, inadequate people rather than psychopaths or killers.

The article you linked to sites no references and is not particularly helpful, but even that says 'a history' of animal abuse. Not a single incidence of alleged duck killing.

I'm sure if he is a psycho that Mel will let us all know in an exclusive with some glossy in the fullness of time.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the torturing (not just killing) animals is part of a triumvirate of animal torture, fire starting and bed-wetting that most psychopathic serial killers in american jails that were interviewed for one study found. If all three are present in a child it may mean that they might grow up to be a psychopathic serial killer.

(Not saying he is a psychokiller of course :D )

There are also some other studies that show a link between adults that neglect or abuse animals also may neglect or abuse their children - but then they would tend to be neglectful, inadequate people rather than psychopaths or killers.

The article you linked to sites no references and is not particularly helpful, but even that says 'a history' of animal abuse. Not a single incidence of alleged duck killing.

I'm sure if he is a psycho that Mel will let us all know in an exclusive with some glossy in the fullness of time.:D

Without wishing to be too much of a pedant, surely even one incident can be classed as a 'history'. A history does not have to be more than one event. & killing an animal is one step up from simple 'abuse' in any case. If indeed, the incident did indeed ever happen.

& as for your last point - yes, I'm sure Mel will indeed reveal all in the fullness of time.
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its not true why has Mel B not spoken out, I feel her silence speaks volumes. Also professional make up artists can cover anything! Those bruises on her upper arms could easily have been covered, yet they decided not to; it makes me think she wanted to let the rumour mill kick off?
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its not true why has Mel B not spoken out, I feel her silence speaks volumes. Also professional make up artists can cover anything! Those bruises on her upper arms could easily have been covered, yet they decided not to; it makes me think she wanted to let the rumour mill kick off?

Her OH has come out and said he did not beat her. From her, silence. She spent time in hospital, condition unspecified. If there wasn't a problem she would have put a lid on all the rumours swirling around now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to admit that I assumed the serious sudden hospitalisation was for something like an ectopic pregnancy. Such a thing could put a strain on a marriage, especially if she was rushed into hospital and operated on in a hurry while her husband was out of the country. It is possible she collapsed & was taken in by emergency services and did not get chance to make a phone call.

an op would explain looking not her best and no ring on.

The falling out with her family is well documented. I try to have minimal contact with my mum due to her behaviour and she over dramatises so I can see another angle to that too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member

bib; Erm, she could just be sick in bed. Having just come out of hospital, I should think talking to the press is the last thing on her mind. Literally no one apart from online speculators (and her nutjob family) have brought up domestic violence at this point. I hope her husband sues all those that have said he's hit her. Slander.
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Now cos of it, Mel's sis will be in CBB this Jan? Crazy!