Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RAWK should be fun l8 if it stays like this :p

The match day thread will probably be locked unfortunately.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Liverpool are really the gift that keep on giving this season :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Liverpool are really the gift that keep on giving this season :)

Fortunes have been reversed and the planets are realigned.:cool:
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,525
    Forum Member
    Final score 2-2, excellent! Maximum points lost between them! :D

I was torn between wanting Liverpool to lose again and wanting Arsenal to drop points so that'll do!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Final score 2-2, excellent! Maximum points lost between them! :D

I was torn between wanting Liverpool to lose again and wanting Arsenal to drop points so that'll do!

It's a win win and RAWK will still provide some comedy gold tonight.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any of the 3 outcomes would have been good in different ways (points gap/league position/comedy) but a draw is the best one. Means neither of them have made up any ground despite us dropping points yesterday.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never been on RAWK, tried to register for RedCafe wouldn't let me, so I thought sod you, their loss not mine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never been on RAWK, tried to register for RedCafe wouldn't let me, so I thought sod you, their loss not mine.

You shouldn't need to register to have a gander.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to get onto it, I couldn't, after that I thought whats the point and havnt bothered since.
  • Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to get onto it, I couldn't, after that I thought whats the point and havnt bothered since.

if your talking about not being allowed to use hotmail and having to use windows mail to register well they scrapped that a while ago, you can register easily now. however you will get put in the newbies section first and have to prove your credentials as a poster before being allowed into the offical forum, you are allowed to post in the matchday threads from the start tho.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Van Gaal must be a fan of Andre Rieu because my mum's just sent me a piccy of herself with the Utd boss from a concert in Manchester tonight.

I bet she didn't have a clue who he was, my stepdad probably persuaded her to have it done. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if your talking about not being allowed to use hotmail and having to use windows mail to register well they scrapped that a while ago, you can register easily now. however you will get put in the newbies section first and have to prove your credentials as a poster before being allowed into the offical forum, you are allowed to post in the matchday threads from the start tho.

Thanks for the info, I may give it a go again.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I only realised the bolded after registering and I didn't like it. I suppose they'll say it's so they're not inundated with trolls from other teams, but it wasn't for me so I didn't bother. I prefer the idea of everyone being able to be heard, and didn't think I should have to impress someone to get promoted. After all, I was doing them a favour by gracing their site with my presence. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    I only realised the bolded after registering and I didn't like it. I suppose they'll say it's so they're not inundated with trolls from other teams, but it wasn't for me so I didn't bother. I prefer the idea of everyone being able to be heard, and didn't think I should have to impress someone to get promoted. After all, I was doing them a favour by gracing their site with my presence. :D

yep i agree with that, i don't like it either, personally i prefer posting on here, long time posters on redcafe seem to look down on new members...
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,330
    Forum Member
    yep i agree with that, i don't like it either, personally i prefer posting on here, long time posters on redcafe seem to look down on new members...

Not all of us, though I don't post as often as I used to in the Cafe.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would never join the Cafe, but I do read it. It's hilarious.

If people think this thread is knee-jerk, the entire Cafe is on a totally different level.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »

If people think this thread is knee-jerk, the entire Cafe is on a totally different level.

The RAWK meltdown thread is genius.:D
    Forum Member

Quite a few of the better posters don't bother posting in the United forums anymore, and just generally stick to the off topic forums now. It's reputation precedes it, and you have to remember that it has far more members on there as here in terms of United fans. If you know which posters to ignore over there it's actually a decent place. It certainly was when I joined, but then you had to earn the right to be promoted, and of course then you could be demoted as quickly, so the quality had to stick. Today it seems you join and get promoted much quicker, and rarely does anyone go back, unless they say something really stupid.
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie's been full of praise for Mr Carrick, I see.

"I think Michael's the best central midfielder in English football," Ferguson told BT Sport. "I think he's the best English player in the game."

I had never heard of it before I started posted in here. I've got to say, alongside the weirdly hierarchical structure that people are describing, I think the name itself would put me off going near the place :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie's been full of praise for Mr Carrick, I see.

"I think Michael's the best central midfielder in English football," Ferguson told BT Sport. "I think he's the best English player in the game."

fergie also said phil jones could be united's best ever player, and that cleverley was as good as thiago, fergie has said and done some odd things in the latter years of his career. carrick the best english player in the game is clearly not true...
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    It's called an opinion. Like that time you said De Gea should be dropped for Lindegaard and how Blind was midtable dross, both of which were a hell of a lot more laughable than Ferguson claiming Carrick is the best English player.
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    It's called an opinion. Like that time you said De Gea should be dropped for Lindegaard and how Blind was midtable dross, both of which were a hell of a lot more laughable than Ferguson claiming Carrick is the best English player.

But we all know that Fergie can't be called into question right? No matter what he says or does he's perfect for everything he has done for United. He never bought a bad player did he? cough, Viv Anderson, Mal Donkey, Ralph Milne, Jim Leighton, Bebe etc. He never sold players too early? cough Paul McGrath (considering it was the golden boy Robson, who led McGrath and Whiteside astray), Jaap Stam.

I may not be one of Carrick;s biggest fans, but he has been playing well of late, but to suggest he's the best English player around right now is beyond the pale even from Fergie. Form wise he's right up there, but that it, his form.

Now then let's move on from this. I don't wish to jump into the middle of whatever spat you two are having, but it does seem, as with Batdude that people are jumping upon every word of Banana, and from an outsiders point of view, as I wasn't posting much around the time these comments were made, as I was probably in hospital, it's very hostile.

We all have opinions that's correct and we should be able to post them, but let's try and stop the infighting amongst ourselves, yes disagree, but that doesn't have to be down right hostile.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LVG just raised a glass in a christmas toast to the media. Brilliant!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i don't think suggesting that lindegaard be given a chance when de gea was in a bad run of form is laughable at all, i don't really understand why you keep picking on that. are you ever going to let that go mate, you have been banging on about it for months every time i post something you don't like, time to move on...

Tribec wrote: »
    But we all know that Fergie can't be called into question right? No matter what he says or does he's perfect for everything he has done for United. He never bought a bad player did he? cough, Viv Anderson, Mal Donkey, Ralph Milne, Jim Leighton, Bebe etc. He never sold players too early? cough Paul McGrath (considering it was the golden boy Robson, who led McGrath and Whiteside astray), Jaap Stam.

I may not be one of Carrick;s biggest fans, but he has been playing well of late, but to suggest he's the best English player around right now is beyond the pale even from Fergie. Form wise he's right up there, but that it, his form.

Now then let's move on from this. I don't wish to jump into the middle of whatever spat you two are having, but it does seem, as with Batdude that people are jumping upon every word of Banana, and from an outsiders point of view, as I wasn't posting much around the time these comments were made, as I was probably in hospital, it's very hostile.

We all have opinions that's correct and we should be able to post them, but let's try and stop the infighting amongst ourselves, yes disagree, but that doesn't have to be down right hostile.

very well said tribec, thanks...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah,but tbf Banana Rama didn't tell Moyes that he was the man.:p:D
This discussion has been closed.