Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done, Jason :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's a valid YouTube link so i'd run a virus scan on your PC

ta - maybe it was a false alarm -- not really up on viruses etc. I'll run a scan. why is it you tu.be with a full stop inbetween though?
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    well done jason.............
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ta - maybe it was a false alarm -- not really up on viruses etc. I'll run a scan. why is it you tu.be with a full stop inbetween though?

It's a shortened form of the link. It's usually for places like Twitter where they limit the amount of characters that you can use.

The trailer looks cool, congratulations!
  • Options
    Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing Lux Aeterna over something instantly renders it invalid.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I wondered what happened to Data after Star Trek TNG ended.
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,657
    Forum Member
    The blonde woman doesn't look like a very good actress from the clips - a bit forced.

How long is it?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done, Jason :)
    swingaleg wrote: »
    well done jason.............
    sweh wrote: »
    The trailer looks cool, congratulations!

Thankyou, thankyou and thankyou again :D

Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I wonder what happened to Data after Star Trek TNG ended.

I'll tell him that :)
    Paul237 wrote: »
    The blonde woman doesn't look like a very good actress from the clips - a bit forced.

How long is it?

Well obviously we all have our own opinions, but she's a fine actress indeed. I don't really think you can tell from the trailer.

As far as the length goes, it should be around half an hour. I'm not quite there with features yet ..
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...........The plot was something I thought of a few years ago. It's basically god and the devil arguing over the fate of the world. The "twist", of sorts, is that it's set in a stately home under the guise of a business meeting. The devil is the blonde woman you see in the trailer and God is the bloke you see with her first at the 40 second mark.

Do they play chess? I believe it's traditional. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Do they play chess? I believe it's traditional. :)

heh, no they don't. dropped a few hints that I want a copy but no luck yet .. hopefully i'll get one before christmas
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heh, no they don't. dropped a few hints that I want a copy but no luck yet .. hopefully i'll get one before christmas

DSers will have to remind them that, in Comments on YouTube then! Well done! Does it feel strange seeing your idea come to life, like that?
  • Options
    LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul237 wrote: »

How long is it?

She has a page on IMDB - I always class that as having "made it" to a degree.

Well done Jason. I recall watching a production you'd written a while back (I think you provided a link to it) about a couple who met on a car park going for the same space and then flashbacks reveal their story.

This looks interesting. When and where will we be able to watch the whole film?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    I agree the trailer should give you some clue on what the films about otherwise what's the point! Bt congrats though, pleased for you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Can I have your autograph? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    DSers will have to remind them that, in Comments on YouTube then! Well done! Does it feel strange seeing your idea come to life, like that?

It does actually. Seeing my name in the credits does give me a bit of a buzz. I remember when I got my other film a few years ago, I sat on the floor about 2ft away from the TV like a 5 year old because I was so excited :)
    Liparus wrote: »
    I recall watching a production you'd written a while back (I think you provided a link to it) about a couple who met on a car park going for the same space and then flashbacks reveal their story

Yep, that's my one as well. That one I actually have sole writing credit which is rather good !

If anyone has 14 minutes and 20 seconds to spare and they have nothing better to do, here it is ...

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNuKE_bHGiQ

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5R3GhRhDxA

I should mention, if anyone does watch it, the animation was not my idea..
    Liparus wrote: »
    This looks interesting. When and where will we be able to watch the whole film?

I actually don't know, which is a bit frustrating as i'm keen to see it.
    I agree the trailer should give you some clue on what the films about otherwise what's the point! Bt congrats though, pleased for you.

Thankyou :)
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    Can I have your autograph? :p

50p and it's a deal ;)
  • Options
    ntsc_grahamntsc_graham Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    this is 1 minute, 27 seconds of your time and it's a film trailer (for those of you who 'don't click on links') ..

Pay close attention to the credits ...

http://youtu.be/3LMw-QmGiiw
    I hate it when people disable comments on YouTube videos!!!! :mad:

But a big congratulations from me as well on your name appearing in the credits! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankyou :)
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am impressed, even though obviously I am the Eric Pollard and I'm totally on the telly all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i do have another script i wrote about 5 years ago that i've been trying to get made. it's a pain, as i've had 4 people all promise to take it on and get it filmed and i've waited and waited and waited. and waited. and then they've got back in touch to tell me that their schedules are so busy they won't have time or any number of reasons.

i even met with a guy back in january who was really keen and wanted to make it and who had even storyboarded it, but here we are in december and once again, another person doesn't have the time.

i keep thinking i should direct it myself but i'm not sure if i'd be good enough ..
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Screw you watkins. That part was mine can't believe I fell for that 'audition' bullpoo

:mad: :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't be as good as my screenplay when it's finished. Sure, it's only taken me 5yrs to write 10 pages but when it's finished in 2030, it'll be freakin' awesome!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    It won't be as good as my screenplay when it's finished. Sure, it's only taken me 5yrs to write 10 pages but when it's finished in 2030, it'll be freakin' awesome!

I can watch it when i retire :D
    Ber wrote: »
    Screw you watkins. That part was mine can't believe I fell for that 'audition' bullpoo

:mad: :p

see now I would have thought the letter that said "topless audition" might have been a clue but no .. ;)
  • Options
    oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must feel so proud and happy Jason! Bloody well done and it should lead to more and more success. I hope so.:)