Fleur's 'Can't Hold Us' felt like an Awards Show Performance

FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Honestly feel as though she is in a different league to all the other contestants this year. Whatever happens tonight, she is gonna be a big success.

Comments

• Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I liked it, I was a bit iffy at first but I rewatched and she brought the house down IMO

Itunes version is pretty cool
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise the British Deaf Association had an awards show
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I agree, Fleur may not be the best vocalist in the world, but bloody hell she always puts on a good show, would luv to see her live.
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »

Out of Order
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Wasn't keen at the start but was great after.
    Forum Member

My ears work fine thanks.
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's what happens when you spend too much time at the Housewives awards :kitty:
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the same impression. The first two felt like typical X Factor covers (although Andrea sounded great, much better than he has done recently), but she was a step above. It didn't feel like 'the X Factor' and it certainly didn't feel like she was just covering someone else's song. As you said, it was like an Awards Show Performance.
  • bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you had said last week's Uptown Funk performance, I would have agreed with you.
    Her vocals were clear, her performance confident and inspiring.
    Last night's performance however was very cluttered and she did not seem to stand out from the busy stage. Maybe if she had started with the chorus then into the rap, it would have allowed her to connect more.
    Alternatively last week's song was just a far better song.
    Forum Member
    That's what happens when you spend too much time at the Housewives awards :kitty:

and that is a good example of making poor assumptions

hardly unsurprising tho , you cant help but to pigeon hole anyone who disagrees with you into what you think is an insulting demographic ...

I've been watching live music at venues from small clubs to stadiums for over 30 years , seen bands you probably haven't even heard of

but by all means try to deflect any criticism of your favourite karaoke singer by calling anyone who disagrees with you a "housewife" , just makes you look rather pathetic
    Forum Member
    and that is a good example of making poor assumptions

hardly unsurprising tho , you cant help but to pigeon hole anyone who disagrees with you into what you think is an insulting demographic ...

I've been watching live music at venues from small clubs to stadiums for over 30 years , seen bands you probably haven't even heard of

but by all means try to deflect any criticism of your favourite karaoke singer by calling anyone who disagrees with you a "housewife" , just makes you look rather pathetic

But how comes it is ok for you to call us Fleur's deaf?
  • Liam_WestfieldLiam_Westfield Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    It did, because of the production. Her vocals were off & her rapping scarily bad.
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »

firstly that isn't what I said

secondly its called humour

lastly , last night was one of her poorer performances of the whole series imo and hardly deserving of the OTT hyperbole of the OP
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the song, I preferred Demons to be honest song wise. Fleur is very interesting she has great production so she might win because of this but if she was on The Voice she would gone out a long time ago, radio will be a challenge for her, she'd have to rely on big production videos to help her sell records
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was just SO epic. I get it, she was rapping, and it may have been a bit too edgy or urban for some viewers (I'm sounding pretentious here I know), but I'm already preferring this to Uptown Funk.
  • Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was utterly flawless. She was so good I was having multiple orgasms as I wept tears of sheer joy at her culture definining performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »

Because Fleur fans are childish apparently, despite the fact that most of their 'passionate' comments are only done in defence of Fleur against vile posts.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to laugh.

We went to 'smeared' glass case (can they not afford cleaners on the XF) to something slightly better to out of the stratosphere, where's me earplugs.

Supposed to be voting for an artist not an ott production.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the song, I preferred Demons to be honest song wise. Fleur is very interesting she has great production so she might win because of this but if she was on The Voice she would gone out a long time ago, radio will be a challenge for her, she'd have to rely on big production videos to help her sell records
    How so when she is tbe only act to get a number one on iTunes. People clearly like her voice and that proves she can do it.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Because Fleur fans are childish apparently, despite the fact that most of their 'passionate' comments are only done in defence of Fleur against vile posts.

Can the rhetoric not be changed at least slightly?

Where are the men in white coats?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was just SO epic. I get it, she was rapping, and it may have been a bit too edgy or urban for some viewers (I'm sounding pretentious here I know), but I'm already preferring this to Uptown Funk.

Yes that does sound pretentious and also absolute nonsense. You only have to check out my posting history to see my musical taste but Fleurs first performance was a mess imo. Nothing to do with being edgy or urban, it was just not very good.
    Forum Member

nope

people who throw out the word "haters" at anyone who disagrees with them are childish , if you think that applies to all fleur fans that's your words not mine

altho I would say that using the word vile for anyone who disagrees with you is pretty close too

probably the strongest thing I have said about fleur the whole series is I don't think her voice is very strong and i find her a bit "meh" but I have been attacked constantly, accused of being a hater , a middle-aged housewife and making vile posts
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The performance was okay. A lot of smoke and mirrors to hide the fact that Fleur is an average vocalist.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope

people who throw out the word "haters" at anyone who disagrees with them are childish , if you think that applies to all fleur fans that's your words not mine

altho I would say that using the word vile for anyone who disagrees with you is pretty close too

probably the strongest thing I have said about fleur the whole series is I don't think her voice is very strong and i find her a bit "meh" but I have been attacked constantly, accused of being a hater , a middle-aged housewife and making vile posts

Are you getting a sense of deja vu from last year except the word Tamera has been replaced by the word Fleur?

I actually like Fleur and I liked Tamera but I'm still a bland boring housewife with absolutely no taste in music, apparently
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How so when she is tbe only act to get a number one on iTunes. People clearly like her voice and that proves she can do it.

It's because the original wasn't out at the time, as soon as it came out she started dropping pretty fast, cover/tribute version of songs often do well on the charts if the original isn't out. If it had been out I doubt she would have got anywhere near number one, probably 25 or something