Will there be a UK X Factor Left for Simon Cowell to Come Back To

jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
Forum Member
✭✭✭
At the rate X Factor is losing viewers ,300,000 in one week , there maybe nothing for him to come back for when the American show get's axed tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/164436-xfactor-2013-ratings-simon-cowell-calls-crisis-talks-over-low-numbers.html

Comments

• jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed a baking show on BBC2 managed to beat X-factor in the ratings this week.

Maybe time to ditch rock week and replace it with rock cake week.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed a baking show on BBC2 managed to beat X-factor in the ratings this week.

Maybe time to ditch rock week and replace it with rock cake week.

I bet Sam Callaghan could whip up a lovely Mille-feuille.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The big mistake the X Factor this year is , They found a beautiful talented girl next door ( Melanie ) that the public could identify with , then they conned the public into thinking her dreams were finally going to come true , Then they thought wouldn't funny/shocking if we stomped all over those dreams just as viewers thought her dreams were about to be realized . What they didn't understand is the Public needed to see those dreams come true not for Melanie's sake but because it gives them hope for success in their own lives . Viewers are rejecting this shock tv with its downbeat message of give up on your dreams they will never come true ,for the more upbeat hopeful Strictly
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I bet Sam Callaghan could whip up a lovely Mille-feuille.

With all that flour on his face, yes of course! :D
  • Matt7Matt7 Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jj2 wrote: »
    The big mistake the X Factor this year is , They found a beautiful talented girl next door ( Melanie ) that the public could identify with , then they conned the public into thinking her dreams were finally going to come true , Then they thought wouldn't funny/shocking if we stomped all over those dreams just as viewers thought her dreams were about to be realized . What they didn't understand is the Public needed to see those dreams come true not for Melanie's sake but because it gives them hope for success in their own lives . Viewers are rejecting this shock tv with its downbeat message of give up on your dreams they will never come true ,for the more upbeat hopeful Strictly

I kind of a agree. Most of the likable characters were kicked out at bootcamp and there is nobody left to really root for. The flash vote doesn't work either as the whole Sunday show has an anti climax feel to it as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In recent years the show has become souless, open auditions are a farce since the majority finalists are invariably picked in advance by scouting. Deals are done with their management companies to come on the show. So anyone that has genuine unknown talent that auditions are cast aside in favour of the predetermined plan. The show is opaque and manipulated, its just a turn off now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The public see Tamera more as the Light fingered daughter of of the neighbour from hell next door , who may pick on your kids or introduce them to drugs
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to todays stories theyre thinking of axing the flashvote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a big shakeup is in the mix for this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think inviting Nile rodgers is a great start. He has never been on XF, a lot of ppl are curious of him and hes got talent to back it up.

This weekend could be interesting too, although I wonder just how much sharon will freak out...
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    I think inviting Nile rodgers is a great start. He has never been on XF, a lot of ppl are curious of him and hes got talent to back it up.

This weekend could be interesting too, although I wonder just how much sharon will freak out...

not sure how effective the niles Rodgers thing will be tbh but am interested to see how they are going to work the Saturday show if he is part of it

unless its just him doing a mentoring session with each act in advance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    not sure how effective the niles Rodgers thing will be tbh but am interested to see how they are going to work the Saturday show if he is part of it

unless its just him doing a mentoring session with each act in advance

He is a new face for telly viewers, a new guest. Its boring to see the same stars on every show.
    Plus he is performing, they might do his songs and he coaches them from a musician point of view as well as a performer.
    Forum Member
    not disagreeing with his pedigree , just not sure hes got a big enough profile in the UK to be that much of a draw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not disagreeing with his pedigree , just not sure hes got a big enough profile in the UK to be that much of a draw

Id say hes the biggest in the UK and europe cos of daft punk and his Get lucky.
    And the fact that he is a fresh face.

I personally cant wait!
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please. This is getting tired now. The public couldn't give a toss about Melanie. What the show is lacking is personalities and interesting and diverse acts. Melanie wouldn't have qualified on any of these criteria and wouldn't have made blind bit of difference to the show.

I still think the fact that Cowell isn't the show any more is a major factor in its decline. Love him or loathe him, you never knew what he was going to say next and I think it raised the stakes for the competitors and the other judges.
    Forum Member
    Oh please. This is getting tired now. The public couldn't give a toss about Melanie. What the show is lacking is personalities and interesting and diverse acts. Melanie wouldn't have qualified on any of these criteria and wouldn't have made blind bit of difference to the show.

not really sure what you are basing that on when the public have never actually been given the chance to vote for her

and given the level of following she had/has on things like twitter and facebook and the views her performances were getting on youtube then she must have been doing something that "the public" liked
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not really sure what you are basing that on when the public have never actually been given the chance to vote for her

and given the level of following she had/has on things like twitter and facebook and the views her performances were getting on youtube then she must have been doing something that "the public" liked
    I was responding to the assertion that the public feel "conned" and that they could "identify with her", neither of which has been proven to be true except for a handful of people.

Enthusiasm for people like this on Twitter, Facebook and the like (and I include this forum) is more often than not ephemeral and really aren't great indicators, certainly not in relation to why people switch the show on or turn it off.
    Forum Member
    its still an indication of a level of interest and isn't that what this thread was about , the show losing viewers due to lack of interest ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its still an indication of a level of interest and isn't that what this thread was about , the show losing viewers due to lack of interest ?
    But the point is that Melanie not being in the show has nothing to do with why people can't be arsed with the show any more. It's because the show is no fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the big mistake for X Factor this year is:

1. There is no talent on it.
    2. It fails as entertainment - in the same way that comedy shows that outstay their welcome do.
    3. It has zero atmosphere.
    4. The judges have nothing new to say.
    5. The presenters have nothing new to say.
    6. Too many of the 'Contestants' are reruns from previous years that are unlikely to make it.
    7. The same 'Vote For Me' sob stories appear year after year.

But n doubt it will continue to run for years to come as it is probably comparatively cheap to produce has probably has a low financial breakeven point.
    Forum Member
    But the point is that Melanie not being in the show has nothing to do with why people can't be arsed with the show any more. It's because the show is no fun.

not disagreeing with that to a degree and I am not saying people switched off just because she didn't make it

but if you look at the history of these shows acts like melanie have tended to do fairly well and I know I would prefer to watch someone who has solid vocals and actually sings in tune than the so-called entertainers we have

why do you think someone like Nicholas is one of the favourites to win the show , he sings well , has good control and stays in tune
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not disagreeing with that to a degree and I am not saying people switched off just because she didn't make it

but if you look at the history of these shows acts like melanie have tended to do fairly well and I know I would prefer to watch someone who has solid vocals and actually sings in tune than the so-called entertainers we have

why do you think someone like Nicholas is one of the favourites to win the show , he sings well , has good control and stays in tune
    I think you're partly right but there have always been dull people who can sing quite well. It's the showstoppers, novelty acts and people with personality that are lacking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    I think the big mistake for X Factor this year is:

1. There is no talent on it.
    2. It fails as entertainment - in the same way that comedy shows that outstay their welcome do.
    3. It has zero atmosphere.
    4. The judges have nothing new to say.
    5. The presenters have nothing new to say.
    6. Too many of the 'Contestants' are reruns from previous years that are unlikely to make it.
    7. The same 'Vote For Me' sob stories appear year after year.
    Agree with all of this + lack of Cowell.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will be an X-Factor UK, but it will be a shell of its former self.