Joan Rivers in critical condition after she stops breathing during surgery.

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
Forum Member
http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/28/joan-rivers-hospitalized-not-breathing-medical-emergency/

Hope she gets better, was only a couple of days ago I was watching some youtube videos of her stuff :(

Update: Now the link says critical condition

Comments

• GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Surgery and hospital...? Anyone confused by that headline?
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Goaty wrote: »

Yeah, she was already in hospital surely?
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Goaty wrote: »

She might have been getting some cosmetic work done, which presumably would have been done outside a main hospital?
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member

Ugh she has said some real awful stuff but still, hope she gets through this.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    God, the woman is really ill. She made her name from being catty. It was a persona. Get real people. She was probably quite nice IRL.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, she was already in hospital surely?

no she was in a clinic
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    UPDATE (Thursday, Aug. 27, 12:52 p.m.): The New York Daily News is reporting that an unnamed "family source" says Joan Rivers' condition is "not looking good."

"We are scared,” the source told The New York Daily News. "This is not looking good. No big medical decisions will be made until [daughter] Melissa arrives."

"She’s not conscious, but she’s stable,” Graham Reed, Rivers' assistant, told reporters, but refused to offer any further details on her condition.
    http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_109786/joan-rivers-rushed-to-hospital-stopped-breathing-during-surgery/tv/
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rushed to hospital after suffering a respiratory arrest during throat surgery at a New York clinic according to Wiki
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/28/joan-rivers-hospitalized-not-breathing-medical-emergency/

Hope she gets better, was only a couple of days ago I was watching some youtube videos of her stuff :(

Update: Now the link says critical condition

I love Joan, she's a survivor and a trailblazer. Hope she gets through this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely love her. Hope she recovers.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry just made a thread on this.
    Utterly floored she was on E! just 24hrs ago about the recent awards I really hope she pulls through
  • babybutchbabybutch Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I always liked Joan ,which is odd because I'm really a bit straight laced.I think I admired her sheer 'don't give a damn' attitude and refusal to conform to what tends to be expected of a mum/granny .
    But then she made the comments on Gaza and they were a step too far for me. Such a sweeping generalising statement shocked me and I admit to wondering if she was actually losing her marbles (sorry for putting it like that) being so utterly harsh and unfeeling .Having said that I hope she recovers from this and I wish her well .
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all fun with her until somebody makes a joke about her. And she should know better one can't do much about a turkey neck, wear a bloody scarf!
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    It's all fun with her until somebody makes a joke about her. And she should know better one can't do much about a turkey neck, wear a bloody scarf!

apparently It was a vocal cord procedure not cosmetic in the last season of Joan & Melissa she promised no more surgery (cosmetic)

I am a fan but some of her recent comments are really low (even for her) Since that interview on CNN she hasn't been herself dare I say not even that funny on Fashion police, George sits there and forces a laugh out but its not been the same. I think if she does get over this time maybe to take it a lot easier
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get well soon. Love this legend.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's her own bucket challenge.
  • Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope she's alright, she's a very funny lady and sweet in person - got to meet her after a show she did here in the UK in 2012.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member
    I hope she gets well soon
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Meh. She used to be terribly funny, now just relies on shock comments. It's a pity.
  • BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After her comments on Gaza, I hope the bitch dies and goes to hell...
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It couldn't have happened to a more disgusting human being.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Balthus wrote: »
    After her comments on Gaza, I hope the bitch dies and goes to hell...

You wish death upon a person because of something they said?

Oh, the irony!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Her comments on Gaza ended any sympathy or endearment I ever felt towards this woman. However, I hope she gets well soon for her friends and family. If only she showed an ounce of compassion or empathy for the Palestinian people....
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not fan of the woman, but wishing death on her hardly makes you any better than her, does it?
This discussion has been closed.