Sorry DS Forum Members but..

Comments

• Mood IndigoMood Indigo Posts: 4,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching her performance again, I 100% take this back :o

Thread closed.

Can I just re open it to present you with the Most Honest and Rational Poster of the Night Award.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say she was the best tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was amazing, AMAZING. She blew me away with her performance.
  • CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    best on the night but do not like HER, nothing would make me vote for her because of that. You have to have both talent and be likeable to make it, she may well struggle in the personality stakes.

If Cher had the same vocals but the personality of Rebecca, she would be the untouchable favourite IMO.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am puzzled by the judges' reactions to a number of acts tonight, Cher being one of them, Katie and 1D and quite probably Aiden the others. While she was singing I was actually suffering for her because (I thought) she was embarrassingly bad, but then, no, the judges tell us she is best in the whole series, which means (since Rebecca has just been told she's 'World Class') that Cher is preternaturally, or universally brilliant. :eek: :p
    That's just crazy talking.

Trust the evidence of my own ears or Simon Cowell... Give me a moment to decide. :cool:

Hats off to her for trying something different but stick to the rap. That's what I would advise the kid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Can I just re open it to present you with the Most Honest and Rational Poster of the Night Award.:)

Thank you :) My very first Most Honest and Rational Poster of the Night Award. I would like to thank.. hehe just kidding.

I felt I needed to get across that unfortunately I was a victim of Simon/Cheryl/Audience Cher Lloyd manipulative praise syndrome. They took me when I was most vulnerable!! Thankfully now I am fully recovered and I can safely say she was definitely NOT the best performance of the night, or entire season for that matter. And most definitely NOT amazing.

I am ashamed of myself. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you :) My very first Most Honest and Rational Poster of the Night Award. I would like to thank.. hehe just kidding.

I felt I needed to get across that unfortunately I was a victim of Simon/Cheryl/Audience Cher Lloyd manipulative praise syndrome. They took me when I was most vulnerable!! Thankfully now I am fully recovered and I can safely say she was definitely NOT the best performance of the night, or entire season for that matter. And most definitely NOT amazing.

I am ashamed of myself. :o

Sleep on it. I think you will find that you will wake up tomorrow and realise that you were right when you started this thread.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the judges talked her up due to her age, if I'm honest. She sang like a kid in a school production. Competent but barely that. No risks vocally, nothing interesting about her when she's not being Shaggy-from-Malvern. She also seemed very immature in that she didn't seem to connect with (or understand) the lyric. Appalling, I thought - and a lot of echo on the mic which is usually the clue they think someone has a 'thin' (weak) voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Sleep on it. I think you will find that you will wake up tomorrow and realise that you were right when you started this thread.

Maybe, we will see. But I think I'm almost pretty certainly maybe definitely sure that Cher wasn't AMAZING tonight. Very good, yes, but by no means AMAZING. A Leona or Ruth performance is AMAZING. I have a better chance of swimming the channel than Cher coming close to that standard. Sorry, I know I sound like I'm hating on her but I do honestly think Cher was very good. Amazing was the wrong word for me to use. Apologies.

Some people think she was amazing, very good, good, satisfactory, diabolical etc etc .. But we all have our own opinion, lets all respect that :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goonerette wrote: »
    What are people smoking tonight? All I heard was a weak nasally vocal.

I don't smoke. I think she gave a great vocal rendition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the show as I've been out tonight.

OMG, Cher was amazing. I thought she was great last week too, but tonight, just breathtakingly good.

I can't stand 'her' - but I think I'm warming to her, I admit.

Katie to go tomorrow night, please God. I'm not lucky enough (or daft enough) to think One Duh-rection will go as I'd prefer - they are utter fu**ing shite and I pity the little ***** voting for them. It's just not funny.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cher was amazing tonight!!!! :eek::eek:

No need to apologise:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stickler wrote: »
    I've just watched the show as I've been out tonight.

OMG, Cher was amazing. I thought she was great last week too, but tonight, just breathtakingly good.

I can't stand 'her' - but I think I'm warming to her, I admit.

Katie to go tomorrow night, please God. I'm not lucky enough (or daft enough) to think One Duh-rection will go as I'd prefer - they are utter fu**ing shite and I pity the little ***** voting for them. It's just not funny.

You a Wagner fan then????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moll41 wrote: »
    You a Wagner fan then????

Not in the slightest. He's a love, but a singer he isn't. I like Matt, I think Aiden is absolute crap but generally the rest (except One Duh-rection - they make me want to spit) are ok, but I'm pretty indifferent really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she was ok but its was flat and dull imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I thought she was good - a better singer than I've given her credit for, although I don't like her voice when she goes too high. She has one of the best performances of the night, IMO.
    Having said that, she was absolutely nothing on the original. But I do love the original so it would have to be pretty amazing to come close for me.

I think the overhype is ridiculous though. It was good, but I hardly think it was performance of the season (or 'ever' as some people are saying!). I wouldn't say she's one of the best singers, but she'll make the top 4 at least I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people dislike her as a person more then what talent she has, I know I do, she was good tonight, but how can you really praise someone for "singing" in a singing competition.

She is not somebody to like, quite an ugly sort of person, her make-up is horrendous, and her attitude is awful
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pity those of you who let Simon Cowell's praise cloud the fact that it was a very ordinary vocal that is inferior to what most of the other females in the competition have already done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cher was amazing tonight!!!! :eek::eek:

In your opinion OP.
    In my opinion Cher was very brave and did sing well. She stepped right out of her comfort zone and I admire her hugely for that.
    But I don't think her straight singing voice was "amazing" compared to some of the older contestants.
    She is still very young and has years to develop her voice.
    All in all good for her.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is all about expectation.

There are several massive vocalists in the competition where to surpass their previous performances will gett increasingly difficult.

Cher provided shock and awe last night, hence the reason for the overhype about her performance.

She is a great young performer, but I can't see her blowing the rest of the top notch vocalists out of the water yet.
  • rosieeeerosieeee Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she was good last night - however I do think it is weird on here that you can't put out any constructive criticism without people getting on your back. Surely everyone is entitled to an opinion on all the singers in the show when following it every week and we never all like the same people. I love Aiden but would not slate anyone who didn't. Just a thought.

edit: this thought was not so much aimed at this thread but other Cher ones I have been reading - rant over :)
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i thought she was very quiet when singing, so much so i could barely hear her vocals. the song never took off like it does when the original artists sing it. it was a 'safe' performance and enhanced by the fake tears at the end. i've nothing against cher but it was awful - katie in comparison is letting her singing do the talking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher in my opinion sung very average. She was absolutley not the best on the night let alone the series! She seemed very weak without the staging and dancers. IMO Rebecca, Aiden, Matt and 1D were better than her.
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher has more star potential than any other contestant.

DS FMs need to get out more.

Says you stuck in on a Saturday night on a forum.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Sick of Cher supporters claiming her as the second coming. She is a rather ordinary girl with a thin, reedy voice who is getting far too much attention