Options

Where does she live: Simons awkward question

tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Cheryl was taken aback by Simons question. Where does she live, yeah Birmingham......Cheryl that question was too deep for you to understand. You know she lives in Birmingham but you dont care for anything else about her. You have left TreyC, the most enigmatic and intelligent of that lot, out to dry.

TreyC's response to Danii....what a revelation. It could not have been rehearsed. She came out with an educated response about genres and styles. Fabulous!!

Cher/cheryl can you spell genres??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Actually, she doesn't live in Birmingham. She lives in Tamworth.

Also, I would pay good money to see Simon questioned about the hometowns of all of his contestants, including FYD. I bet he wouldn't get more than half of them right.
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom, go vote for Treyc! Number ends in 05! GO! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anactoria wrote: »

Also, I would pay good money to see Simon questioned about the hometowns of all of his contestants, including FYD. I bet he wouldn't get more than half of them right.

I'd be suprised if Simon could remember the names of FYD, let alone their hometowns.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    k89 wrote: »
    I'd be suprised if Simon could remember the names of FYD, let alone their hometowns.

Well, he couldn't do it with 4Tune back in series 2, and they lasted longer than one week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to this she left in the huff.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    she cant take anyone criticising her about ANYTHING!
  • Options
    tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I nearly died of malaria you know, how dare you ask me where she lives, have you been on deaths bed like me immediately after a divorce, no...so shut your face simon, i nearly died...can you hear me...I NEARLY DIED, I HAD ONLY 24 HRS TO LIVE...U KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS....
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomharry2 wrote: »
    TreyC's response to Danii....what a revelation. It could not have been rehearsed. She came out with an educated response about genres and styles. Fabulous!!

It was a stupid response from someone who is clearly clueless about the business...

Yes, it's fine to "appeal to a wider audience", but you need to establish a clear fan base first because they are the your bread and butter and the ones who will actually buy your records.

Do you seriously think that silly little girl can tell Dannii anything about how the industry works? She would do far better to shut up and listen to good advice when it's given!

... although she'll be lucky not to go anyway this week given that she seems about as popular as bullfighter at an animal rights rally...
  • Options
    Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danni was right. All the other contestants are developing a style, no matter what song choice.

Trayc is just singing whatever song is put in front of her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gneiss wrote: »
    It was a stupid response from someone who is clearly clueless about the business...

Yes, it's fine to "appeal to a wider audience", but you need to establish a clear fan base first because they are the your bread and butter and the ones who will actually buy your records.

Do you seriously think that silly little girl can tell Dannii anything about how the industry works? She would do far better to shut up and listen to good advice when it's given!

... although she'll be lucky not to go anyway this week given that she seems about as popular as bullfighter at an animal rights rally...

Treyc was clearly defending Cheryl moreso than herself and Dannii, by the look of her face, looked proud of Treyc that she would actually speak up unlike some of the contestants who sit there and go along with it.

Clearly, Treyc has been given 4 of the worst songs to sing on the Live Shows, mainly because 3 out of 4 of them have already been sung and are hard to top, except One which I think she performed outstandingly.

If Dannii wanted to speak back to Treyc about what she said, she would have. Dannii is not afraid of any contestant or judge, I like both Dannii and Treyc and lets face it, if Treyc had Dannii as a judge, things would have went so much smoother for Treyc, instead she got Cheryl which means she's going to be in trouble probably every Live Show from now on if she manages to make it through tonight.

The fact that Simon pointed it out that the connection between Cheryl and Treyc wasn't efficient was very clever of him and he picked up on what everybody had picked up on since the second live show. Cheryl said last week that we would go back to Treyc's genre, which is the diva belting. I'm sure Relight My Fire was a belting song.. wait, its not?

Creep would have been perfect for Treyc, why is Cheryl literally chucking Treyc out of the competition so she can focus on her mini-me and her fake princess rather than the two actual singers in her category?

Its stupid, Treyc needed to wait a year so she could of had a better judge to guide her through her career, clearly Cheryl is not a sufficient mentor and it has shown more this series than any other.

:D:o
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think TreyC's been sold short on song choices. None of the songs she's been given have given her a chance to make her mark. All the others have been given modern songs that they could sing in a new way.
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think TreyC's been sold short on song choices. None of the songs she's been given have given her a chance to make her mark. All the others have been given modern songs that they could sing in a new way.

But given to them from whom?

Cheryl hasn't given TreyC songs that she can do much with, other than just go out and sing it well. Which, to be fair, TreyC has done.

No new arrangements, no creativity, nothing interesting. Cheryl is an much to blame for that (if not more) as TreyC.
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But given to them from whom?

Cheryl hasn't given TreyC songs that she can do much with, other than just go out and sing it well. Which, to be fair, TreyC has done.

No new arrangements, no creativity, nothing interesting. Cheryl is an much to blame for that (if not more) as TreyC.
    To be honest I think you may be assuming TreyC is better than she is...

I'm really not sure what they could give her that would make her stand out as any more than average.
  • Options
    derbrainderbrain Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anactoria wrote: »

He couldn't even remember the names of his lot last year.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agreed with Dannii's comments, although I also agreed with Treyc on her singing lots of different types of songs. That was good enough in the past, but with people like Cher, Katie, Matt, Rebecca, Aiden in this competition, all of whom have individuality (good or bad!), it's not enough this year.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Cheryl looks so pissed off every time anyone has the audacity to question her. Even a mild "I disagree with Cheryl" gets the princess eyeroll.

I can't bear her superiority this series. She seems so self-important.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gneiss wrote: »
    To be honest I think you may be assuming TreyC is better than she is...

I'm really not sure what they could give her that would make her stand out as any more than average.

Alone by Heart would make her stand out, oh it would. :)
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though Simon is a bit pot/kettle for saying that, he had a point. I totally agreed with Simon - Cheryl does seem to put far more effort into Katie & Cher than she does Rebecca & Treyc.

But then he does the same with OD.
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Cheryl looks so pissed off every time anyone has the audacity to question her. Even a mild "I disagree with Cheryl" gets the princess eyeroll.

I can't bear her superiority this series. She seems so self-important.

OMG i know! Its like 'you dare to question ME Simon!!' - its so so arrogent, and looks really unprofessional :o
  • Options
    marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I agreed with Dannii's comments, although I also agreed with Treyc on her singing lots of different types of songs. That was good enough in the past, but with people like Cher, Katie, Matt, Rebecca, Aiden in this competition, all of whom have individuality (good or bad!), it's not enough this year.

Oh, they can't win really on this issue. If they sing in one style, sooner or later someone (and its usually Dannii!) will wonder if they are just a one trick pony and say they'd like to see something different; just like she said to Mary last week.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    OMG i know! Its like 'you dare to question ME Simon!!' - its so so arrogent, and looks really unprofessional :o

She's reminding me more and more of a stereotype from a high school movie. The pretty, popular one who everyone adores and who is generally quite lovely if a little in love with herself, until someone crosses her.
  • Options
    Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure what Danni wants though, as it was only last week that she was telling Mary that she needed to be more versatile and sing different kinds of songs.

This week, singing different kinds of songs is wrong and she needs to stick to one thing.

I think it is Danni that needs to make her mind up, as we all know that if Treyc did win, not that I think she will, she will just be given the songs that Alexandra Burke rejected and would go down that route of singing.