Options

Eastenders: Week 45 (10th - 13th November) *Spoilers*

KBambiKBambi Posts: 3,425
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Monday 10 November
Pam is struggling to hold things together as she worries whether Emma will uncover her secret.

In the light of recent events, Mick confides to Linda what he really wants.

Fatboy becomes suspicious about Dot’s whereabouts.

Tuesday 11 November
Linda faces an extremely tough decision - but can she confide in Mick?

Kat starts to regain her confidence and goes for a drink with Stacey - but returns home to some shocking news.

Carol pays a visit to Dot’s house and is horrified to discover the truth.

Thursday 13 November
Kat and Stacey’s relationship suffers when it becomes clear that Stacey has a problem with Alfie.

Aunt Babe is on a mission to find out what Stan is up to but will she uncover the truth?

An upset and self-conscious Sonia makes a suspicious phone call – what is she up to?

No Friday episode due to Children In Need.

Comments

• Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for those - lots of questions!!
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm intrigued about Emma knowing Pam's secret.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to pam's secret xD and at abou time fatboy got back into nicks story again. I think mick would like linda to have an abortion and I hope se does too (as there has already been a lot of births recently and ronnie I would like to have a early by baby. Back in the 80s when they had hassan, Vicki, Martin and Annie planned they realised they would have to kill one off before Martin and vickis births. (Hassans cot death story) I feel like it would be way too much with Beth, Ronnie's baby, bert, ernie, Linda's baby, lexi and young children like tommy, lily, Amy and Janet.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,303
    Forum Member
    Glad to see some focus on the Cokers. Sounds like it could be a great week.
  • Options
    SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds a good week. What will Carol discover?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »

I agree. I feared that the Cokers would be nothing more than filler characters who would prop up every now and then and as a result of this shoddy treatment they would be written out after a year or so.

At least this way they are actually trying to develop both characters.
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think mick would like linda to have an abortion and I hope se does too (as there has already been a lot of births recently and ronnie I would like to have a early by baby.

I'm wondering if it will be the other way around - now that Linda is pregnant, Mick realizes he is happy about the prospect of another baby whereas Linda is uncertain given the circumstances. There was a clip in one of the previews of Mick and Linda caring for Bert and Ernie, and Mick said something to the effect of, "See? We still know what to do with babies." That's what makes me think Mick is happy about the pregnancy, while Linda is still understandably anguished.

Something makes me think Linda doesn't have an abortion, though. First of all, she'd probably have a tough time making Mick understand why she wants one, and he'd feel hurt that she wants to get rid of "their" baby. The mention in the spoiler about Linda deciding whether or not to confide in Mick makes me think she considers telling Mick about Dean and the rape but doesn't thinking she'll break Mick's heart. (A lot of her decisions regarding the rape have been done to avoid crushing Mick.) Consequently, Linda decides against the abortion.

If Linda does have the abortion, chances are the truth about the rape and Mick's parentage will come out after the abortion and will probably lessen the effect. However, if Mick persuades Linda to keep the pregnancy and he later finds out Dean raped her and the baby could be Dean's AND Dean is his brother...well, there's another six months of drama there that has pretty much written itself.

As for the Cokers, I'm wondering if they have been involved in burying fake bodies before? So maybe Emma finds out that Lucy's burial wasn't real?
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    eejm wrote: »
    I'm wondering if it will be the other way around - now that Linda is pregnant, Mick realizes he is happy about the prospect of another baby whereas Linda is uncertain given the circumstances. There was a clip in one of the previews of Mick and Linda caring for Bert and Ernie, and Mick said something to the effect of, "See? We still know what to do with babies." That's what makes me think Mick is happy about the pregnancy, while Linda is still understandably anguished.

Something makes me think Linda doesn't have an abortion, though. First of all, she'd probably have a tough time making Mick understand why she wants one, and he'd feel hurt that she wants to get rid of "their" baby. The mention in the spoiler about Linda deciding whether or not to confide in Mick makes me think she considers telling Mick about Dean and the rape but doesn't thinking she'll break Mick's heart. (A lot of her decisions regarding the rape have been done to avoid crushing Mick.) Consequently, Linda decides against the abortion.

If Linda does have the abortion, chances are the truth about the rape and Mick's parentage will come out after the abortion and will probably lessen the effect. However, if Mick persuades Linda to keep the pregnancy and he later finds out Dean raped her and the baby could be Dean's AND Dean is his brother...well, there's another six months of drama there that has pretty much written itself.

As for the Cokers, I'm wondering if they have been involved in burying fake bodies before? So maybe Emma finds out that Lucy's burial wasn't real?

Not very likely as Peter sat vigil over her corpse in the chapel of rest.

More likely Pam 'helped' her son to die (terminally ill ??) which is why they are supporting their grandson who is at Uni.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has to be related to Pam's old job as a social worker. If she is worried Emma will uncover it then that means its on police file probably because Pam was arrested and charged for something. So it can't be a secret yet to be discovered type of thing. That is my take on it. I'm guessing Les is arrested along with Charlie for faking Nick's death and Pam's fear of her past being revealed is off the back of that.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »

nice to see The Cokers getting some air time.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    Not very likely as Peter sat vigil over her corpse in the chapel of rest.

More likely Pam 'helped' her son to die (terminally ill ??) which is why they are supporting their grandson who is at Uni.

Paul is travelling I think, I dont think he is at Uni.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I'm intrigued by the "Fatboy becomes suspicious about Dot’s whereabouts." Nick kidnapped Dot? Or Dot ran away with Charlie and Yvonne? I wonder what it could be...
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonia ringing Martin? Ahh hope so! :)

Carol already knows the truth about Nick, right?

Looking forward to see Kat & Stacey going out for drinks
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sonia ringing Martin? Ahh hope so! :)

Carol already knows the truth about Nick, right?

Looking forward to see Kat & Stacey going out for drinks

Yeh Carol knows :)
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Yeh Carol knows :)

thought so :)
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat's getting back from the pub to find out they've been squatting then.

I wonder if it will turn out that Pam assisted their son to commit suicide? Pam and Dot could bond as a result. It must be something illegal if she's worried about Emma? Also, it would pave the way for more Cora/Pam scenes, as Cora is on the other side - she had no idea that Tanya had helped William (I think that was his name) to die until years later.

I wonder if Thursday's would be an hour long? Would we know at this stage if it were?
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These spoilers sound really good!:)

I hope Linda and Mick don't get the duff duff again, getting a bit tedious now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pam and Les are down for there 1st duff duff on Friday 07/11. Emma's parents also look to be arriving in that episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandsss wrote: »
    Pam and Les are down for there 1st duff duff on Friday 07/11. Emma's parents also look to be arriving in that episode.

Oh ffs, why she's AWFUL? The cast for next Thursday and Friday looks shit!:( DTC has introduced way too many new characters! Les and Pam seem pretty interesting, I think their secret might have something to do with Nick!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Oh ffs, why she's AWFUL? The cast for next Thursday and Friday looks shit!:( DTC has introduced way too many new characters! Les and Pam seem pretty interesting, I think their secret might have something to do with Nick!:p

She's awful but she seems pretty interesting??

I don't mind Pam but agree with others that we have not seen enough and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Emma is such a drip. So wet and an awful actress; not looking forward to any more focus on her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    StoryOfUs wrote: »
    Emma is such a drip. So wet and an awful actress; not looking forward to any more focus on her.

Hallelujah! DTC impresses me with some stuff, but it's introducing characters and stories like this that make me doubt him, wtf were they thinking?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandsss wrote: »
    She's awful but she seems pretty interesting??

I don't mind Pam but agree with others that we have not seen enough and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.

Anna Acton can not act and I'm not looking forward to seeing more of her, just because a character has some good storylines doesn't make them a good character!:(
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »

lol and I thought I was the grumpy forum member :D I agree it does look a bad set of characters in that episode.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eejm wrote: »

I think Linda having a abortion will have a greater effect on her and Mick then her having the child, the anguish that she might of aborted Mick's baby instead of Dean's, I'm not keen on another pregnancy and baby storyline especially so soon for her, she only been in it a year I think it's too much.

I'm glad the Corkers are getting a storyline.