Will there be a Christmas Special this year?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
Forum Member
✭✭
I am really sorry if there are already a million threads on this topic, but I just wanted to know: Will there be a Christmas Special of Doctor Who this year?

Usually at this time of year, they have already filmed it, but I haven't heard anything. I think it would be rather disappointing not to have one, as it has almost turned into a Christmas tradition on my household.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep! Moffat mentions it in an interview here (warning, very minor SPOILERS!!!)
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/tag/christmas-2011
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being filmed in September.
  • LordofGallifreyLordofGallifrey Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    The Moff is writing it at the moment, I seam to remember one of his tweets mentioning the filming of the latest Sherlock whilst he will be hiding in corner working on the Xmas ep.
  • TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Being filmed in September.

That's a bit late don't you think?
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TLC1098 wrote: »
    Not really, a single, 1 hour episode, filmed over 5 days for example, with three weeks for CGI work at The Mill, a few weeks in post-production.

Plenty of time.
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member

Yes but they're splitting it - showing half in October and the other half next Easter - and they're showing it in America first...

...or something ;)
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TLC1098 wrote: »

Filming a one hour special in September for broadcast three months later doesn't seem especially rushed to me. In the past, it was quite common for the first episodes of a season to be broadcast while work on the last episodes was still going on...
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes but they're splitting it - showing half in October and the other half next Easter - and they're showing it in America first...

...or something ;)

Damn it Minky, you know some people will take this seriously and we'll have a full-scale forum riot on our hands! :D
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there'll be a Christmas Special. But hopefully not a continuation from series 6!! Let's have a happy one-off story for Christmas Day. Plus a Christmas song like Tennant always had for his first three years! The past two Christmas specials were disappointing IMO (and that includes Tennant as well). Actually, I forgot "The Next Doctor" - another naff Xmas one! That's three in a row. Oh dear...Mr Moff will have to do a good 'un this time!! :D;)