Options

Soap wormholes

Comments

• Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best would be if one day stella says she watching EE and has been an fan.of it since it started
    yh all the actors live in soap world
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I have thought about this before. It's like how all TV programmes and films must be set in a world where the actors, as themselves, don't exist.

In feature film 'His Girl Friday':

Cary Grant's character describes Ralph Bellamy's character by saying "He looks like that fellow in the movies, you know...Ralph Bellamy!" According to Bellamy, the remark was ad libbed by Grant.[5] Columbia studio head Harry Cohn thought it was too cheeky and ordered it removed, but Hawks insisted that it stay. Grant makes several other "inside" remarks in the film. When his character is arrested for a kidnapping, he describes the horrendous fate suffered by the last person who crossed him: Archie Leach (Grant's real name).[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/His_Girl_Friday
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    pat mentioned her late hubby who sold cars was a fan of the archers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    There was a scene in Neighbours where either Oliver or Paul walk in singing Don't It Make You Feel Good, a song that Stefan Dennis released in the 80s
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    The best one is from 'Coronation Street' when, after Richard Hillman's crimes were out in the open, Gail chatted with her mum Audrey about watching 'Doctor Who' as a child, and being scared.

Gail's portrayer Helen Worth played a major guest role in 1971 'Doctor Who' serial 'Colony in Space'.

Her voice hasnt changed at all!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6z9kIWI38g
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    Last night in Corrie Stella put Just What I Always Wanted by Mari WIlson on the jukebox. Michelle Collins was in MAri Wilsons band.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Last night in Corrie Stella put Just What I Always Wanted by Mari WIlson on the jukebox. Michelle Collins was in MAri Wilsons band.

Oh yeah!
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not really a soap wormhole but on gavin and stacey in the xmas special larry lambs character mentions EE and this was a time when he was on the show
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »
    Her voice hasnt changed at all!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6z9kIWI38g

Tony Caunter - Roy Evans from EastEnders - is also in Colony in Space. Is that him in the clip in the funky red and black guard uniform looking sexy with black hair and sideburns?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m6z9kIWI38g#t=55s
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Ray mentioned Strictly Come Dancing in EE tonight - wonder if he'll recognise Sharon when she returns then ;). Or if he noticed the resemblance between former contestant 'Scott Maslen' and the Square's local Sperminator Jack Branning.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Tilsley referred to Manuel from Fawlty Towers in Monday night's Corrie.

Andrew Sachs who played Manuel also appeared in Corrie as Norris's brother Ramsay Clegg.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As well as Kylie, Neighbours have mentioned Natalie Imbruglia and Guy Pearce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    They have mentioned on corrie about Downton Abby once or twice. wonder if they recognise the late Liam Connor?

When was Downton mentioned in Corrie?! I'm a massive fan.

They might also recognise Zoe Tattersall (Joanne Froggatt who plays Anna) or even Josie Phillips if they have a really good memory (she was a minor character in 1989-1990 played by Siobhan Finneran who plays Miss O'Brien).
  • Options
    Forum Member

They might also recognise Zoe Tattersall (Joanne Froggatt who plays Anna) or even Josie Phillips if they have a really good memory (she was a minor character in 1989-1990 played by Siobhan Finneran who plays Miss O'Brien).

It;s mentioned in Stellas first epiode, Stella comes in to meet steven and Steve asks tina to get them some tea and biscuits etc and tina says "What do you think this is, Downton Abbey?"
  • Options
    pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There was a scene about a year ago, where Leanne had made a costume for Simon's school play, and she said it wasn't very good, and Peter said "It's for a school play, not Downtown abbey"(or something along those lines)
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In an episode of Dallas starring Pam, Cliff and their sister Katherine, Pam made an incongruous mention of the man from Atlantis, which starred Bobby her on screen husband of course. Also J.R made a reference to Howard Keel ( Claytons') musical singing voice when miss Ellie had gone out to see an opera for the night. In fact Dallas loves doing this
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So in EastEnders, Coronation Street is a fictional soap. So what is its rival at the British Soap Awards, does Emmerdale, Holloaks and Doctors exist in the EastEnders Universe.

And what if an EastEnders character typed Michelle Collins name into IMDB after seeing her on Coronation Street, would EastEnders be listed on the list of things she has done?
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Kylie has also been mentioned on H&A, so if Kylie exists in their soap world, so does Dannii who starred in the show in the late 80's!!

A few years ago, Nicole in H&A was flicking through a magazine that she happened to be on the cover of!!
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching an episode of Corrie (or it might have been Crossroads) from the seventies recently and during one scene you could hear the Emmerdale Farm theme on the TV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol I didn't know they even changed the actress,

(I think Eddy and Patsy turned up in Roseanne once though!)

Not only did they change the actress they also changed her back...and then kept swapping them!
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other week in Emmerdale, David was leafing through the TV Times planning his evening's viewing. I wonder what he thought when he saw what was on ITV1 at 7pm....?

Also on the subject of the TV Times - presumably the Kabin in Corrie stock it. I what Norris would say about Rita being on this week's cover...?
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I rememebr an episode of EE in which there was a poster of david Essex in the background: a few years later, eddie moon arrived.
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is wonderful. I can't think of anything to contribute but it's got me thinking!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    This thread is wonderful. I can't think of anything to contribute but it's got me thinking!!

I love this thread - and now spend most of my time watching episodes and looking out for wormholes!

Corrie has had a lot of cameos from 'real' actors, so there must be lots of wormholes there.
  • Options
    jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Paul in Hollyoaks once mentioned his grandmother phoned them up every night before Emmerdale, he himself then went on to appear in it

Also, Barbara Windsor appeared on Carry On