Good or Bad Shopping Experience?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
Forum Member
Hiya,

I'm just hoping some people could help out, I've got my thesis to do and really struggling to get people to complete it and I've worked so hard to get it to this stage :sleep:

It takes litterally 2-3 mins to complete.

if you could spare some time I'd be extremely grateful.

The purpose is that I'm conducting an experiment about people's shopping experiences, it's quite engaging so not really like all the other rubbish questionnaires you get :)

Click here

Thank you very much
x

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Thank you - for those that have completed it.

I'm extremely grateful.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Done and done :)
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just done it, but found the questions quite strange to be honest!
    Forum Member
    ratty0 wrote: »

I'll get in contact with you, if you don't mind. It's always nice to have some critical feedback... :D
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this questionnaire has been well thought out.

1. There are two questions (at the point at which I gave up) about "conditions of return" - but we hadn't been told of any. 30 days, in this scenario, is a limit, not a condition.

2. There's no need to repeat the scenario on every page, causing the user to have to scroll down.

3. The user should have the option to leave answers blank, or to make a comment such as "don't know", "undecided" or "not sufficient information".

The OP says 2-3 minutes, but the first page says 5 miinutes.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ratty0 wrote: »

I agree, some of the questions felt a bit "I need a question here" and I'm not sure if you can get anything meaningful from it.

You also have at least two that are yes/no answers rather than a sliding scale. Ie whether you wear or would purchase a suit.

Also as the poster above mentioned; it would appear that there is no returns allowance so the questions about the amount of time given to return the product is... Erm... Redundant.

You also haven't indicated the pricing point of the suit, the value of a product has an effect on how people will view and care about stuff like returns policy.

If its a 30 quid suit then someone with a reasonable/high disposable income may not care. If its a 3000 pound suit then they may.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry OP. I did try to complete your questionnaire but it left me thoroughly discombobulated.
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I don't think this questionnaire has been well thought out.

1. There are two questions (at the point at which I gave up) about "conditions of return" - but we hadn't been told of any. 30 days, in this scenario, is a limit, not a condition.

2. There's no need to repeat the scenario on every page, causing the user to have to scroll down.

3. The user should have the option to leave answers blank, or to make a comment such as "don't know", "undecided" or "not sufficient information".

The OP says 2-3 minutes, but the first page says 5 miinutes.

Hi thanks Jsmith,

The only reason I had to repeat the scenario is to ensure people do not forget whilst continuing onto the subsequent pages.

The average has been 3 minutes by people taking this survey. If you spend time finding holes you're bound to take longer :D

I appreciate you're feedback however.
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    I agree, some of the questions felt a bit "I need a question here" and I'm not sure if you can get anything meaningful from it.

You also have at least two that are yes/no answers rather than a sliding scale. Ie whether you wear or would purchase a suit.

Also as the poster above mentioned; it would appear that there is no returns allowance so the questions about the amount of time given to return the product is... Erm... Redundant.

You also haven't indicated the pricing point of the suit, the value of a product has an effect on how people will view and care about stuff like returns policy.

If its a 30 quid suit then someone with a reasonable/high disposable income may not care. If its a 3000 pound suit then they may.

It's because there are various scenarios, so someone else will have a completely different one to you, hence why a sliding scale is necessary.

Pricing is not necessary as it's been covered in the scenario.

Also all the questions are from a theoretical background, and are going to be used to test a hypothesis come the analysis state.

I appreciate the feedback, but it seems some people are merely looking to find holes :)

But thank you some of the feedback is valid and will make note of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Done

I hate shopping if I'm honest, I will probably be the grumpy one:p;)
  • yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    Sorry OP. I did try to complete your questionnaire but it left me thoroughly discombobulated.

This exactly

I strongly disagree anyway, I should be able to return the suit back, what if the zip or buttons comes off when I try to wear it at home?
    Forum Member
    yellowpark wrote: »
    This exactly

I strongly disagree anyway, I should be able to return the suit back, what if the zip or buttons comes off when I try to wear it at home?

This is an experiment, hence why I want to find your views on that certain scenario. You're reading too deeply into it, maybe it's difficult to immerse yourself into that scenario though, which is the problem with these experiments.

Others will have different scenarios to you :D

But thank you all for taking part.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's because there are various scenarios, so someone else will have a completely different one to you, hence why a sliding scale is necessary.

But there were no other scenarios in the scenario you gave; your scenario lead to an issue where you had answers that did not correctly fit the scenario you gave.
    Pricing is not necessary as it's been covered in the scenario.

No, it wasn't as you gave no indication of price point. Within your budget isn't actually meaningful as that can mean many things and those many things can lead to many possible outcomes.
    Also all the questions are from a theoretical background, and are going to be used to test a hypothesis come the analysis state.

I appreciate the feedback, but it seems some people are merely looking to find holes :)

But thank you some of the feedback is valid and will make note of it.

No, we aren't looking for holes, there were some glaring problems within the questionnaire and scenario that made it difficult to complete and it felt meaningless.
    Forum Member
    But there were no other scenarios in the scenario you gave; your scenario lead to an issue where you had answers that did not correctly fit the scenario you gave.

No, it wasn't as you gave no indication of price point. Within your budget isn't actually meaningful as that can mean many things and those many things can lead to many possible outcomes.

No, we aren't looking for holes, there were some glaring problems within the questionnaire and scenario that made it difficult to complete and it felt meaningless.

There are 8 different scenarios, which are distributed randomly.

I actually agree wholeheartedly, it was difficult to place an actual price, which would then alter the perception of the retailer before answering the questions.

It was important that price didn't have any real influence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are 8 different scenarios, which are distributed randomly.

I actually agree wholeheartedly, it was difficult to place an actual price, which would then alter the perception of the retailer before answering the questions.

It was important that price didn't have any real influence.

You don't need to define a price, just define the status or type of store the consumer is visiting.

Its important because if the suit is from a Primark type store you will get a very different response than if you are assuming an exclusive boutique.

So of you are interested in learning about consumer behaviour; unless you define the variables for each of your scenarios than you haven't actually learned anything and have results that cannot be applied meaningfully to real world scenarios.

Also, I would argue that the consumers perception of the retailer is the most important factor in the whole scenario as a consumers perception will profoundly change their emotional reactions towards you, your products and your policies.
    Forum Member
    You don't need to define a price, just define the status or type of store the consumer is visiting.

Its important because if the suit is from a Primark type store you will get a very different response than if you are assuming an exclusive boutique.

So of you are interested in learning about consumer behaviour; unless you define the variables for each of your scenarios than you haven't actually learned anything and have results that cannot be applied meaningfully to real world scenarios.

Also, I would argue that the consumers perception of the retailer is the most important factor in the whole scenario as a consumers perception will profoundly change their emotional reactions towards you, your products and your policies.

That's exactly the point, if we state the store, or the type of price you've already got a pre-disposed assumption about the store regardless.which will effect the subsequent questions.

Therefore price shouldn't play a part. I've referenced it in my work, they state that price has an impact between the variables I'm testing.

I appreciate this discussion though, I'm going to face this type of scrutinisation in a months time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's exactly the point, if we state the store, or the type of price you've already got a pre-disposed assumption about the store regardless.which will effect the subsequent questions.

Therefore price shouldn't play a part. I've referenced it in my work, they state that price has an impact between the variables I'm testing.

I appreciate this discussion though, I'm going to face this type of scrutinisation in a months time.

I understand what you are saying, my position however is that you are making the test worthless by neglecting those variables.

So I'm unsure of what you are trying to achieve?
    Forum Member
    Ahhhhhhhh, now I understand where you're coming from.

Yeah its difficult from the surface to understand what I'm attempting to acheive from this study, just by looking at the survey alone. They don't give away distinctions that easily unfortunately :)

It's much deeper. I'll give you a PM so it doesn't affect people's responses.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Done! I love shopping so I was very much obliged. :)
    Forum Member
    Thank you very much.
    Forum Member
    It's more of a reading test than anything :)

If you find it difficult to read, I'm sorry :D
    Forum Member
    Thanks Fizix, I now understand the confusion.
  • DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most shops will have a returns policy that differs if a items faulty rather than simply not wanted.

I kept asking myself why i was returning the suit:o
    Forum Member
    lol, you need to immerse yourself just in the scenario itself, if I went so deep into the dynamics of returns - the scenario would've been 2 pages. And it doesn't say you return anything, you don't even buy anything...

I've just tried to keep it as simple as possible.

But thank you for completing it :)
  • DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, you need to immerse yourself just in the scenario itself, if I went so deep into the dynamics of returns - the scenario would've been 2 pages. And it doesn't say you return anything, you don't even buy anything...

I've just tried to keep it as simple as possible.

But thank you for completing it :)

Its ok,its perhaps because sometimes at work I have to process returns:D