Pixie Lott - Lay Me Down

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
Forum Member
The video for Pixie's latest single 'Lay Me Down' has dropped. This is the second single from her upcoming third album.

Curious as to how everyone thinks this/ album will perform?

http://www.hungertv.com/feature/exclusive-pixie-lott-lay/

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    JCJ94 wrote: »
    Curious as to how everyone thinks this/ album will perform?

It's a go down like a lead balloon.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get what's wrong with her. I thought she was an apt songwriter, as her first album was safe pop music. Boys And Girls was a great tune! But she pulls a Christina Aguilera reject as a lead single and then drops this? I'm confused...
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, didn't expect too, think Pixie has been awful last few years.
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like her but after Nasty didn't seem to be a massive success and grab people - I get the feeling many aren't as interested now?
    I need to listen to this song a few more times to see if I like it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I like this song... although it reminds me of Love Me Again, which isn't a bad thing!!
    Will probably check out the album, although I'll probably be in the minority
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant say I love it... but it'll do for now.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok after a few listens I think it's REALLY good.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like this actually, much better than...most of her singles, actually. I could almost see this doing well in the States actually as well; it sounds enough like Paloma Faith to be be a mainstream pop hit but also is quite summery and danceable too.

Not 100% on the video though; its very ambitious and ALMOST exciting but Pixie looks very isolated in a lot of the shots; could have done with some extras and a bitof a partying atmosphere in the pool and the backseat of the car; that would go with the song better I think. If she's trying to do 'sad and wistful' which she looks in some of the shots as well I think she should be wearing different clothes. Its hard to look wistful in a bikini! A long sundress would have worked better imo
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    When is it being released? I'm probably in the minority here but I'm getting the album. I already have it pre-ordered!
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel bad for her really, she's going to continue trying but ultimately not enough people are interested in her anymore.

At the end of the day though it's her own/her label's fault for going in such a bad direction with her second album.
  • lulu25lulu25 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never been a big Pixie Lott fan, her music is inoffensive and fine to hear on the radio but the only song of hers I really liked was Cry me out, there is also something about her that I find really irritating- think its her constant grinning in her videos. However, I really like this! Also liked Nasty so may be becoming a fan!
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think this is her best single since "All About Tonight". Hoping it does well for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    So I really don't like 'Nasty' and didn't think Pixie had much of a chance but her song has really grown on me! Lay Me Down is easily her best song to date and it deserves to be a smash hit, whether it will or won't remains to be seen...

Has anyone else heard 'Heart Cry' the promo single off her new album, that's even more addictive! I hope people get behind her with this single, she is actually very talented.
  • AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Currently at 71 on the iTunes chart. The EP is at 83.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    The EP is at #73
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is one of my fave songs at the moment. The video fits the song very well.

I can listen to it again and again and not get tired of it.