Options

Week 5 - 5 Thoughts

CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
Forum Member
1) Another thoroughly enjoyable show like last week with decent dances, good presenting/judging and with an overall feel good factor.
2) Much better outfits - so much nicer seeing the men dressed in full ballroom attire. A special mention to Caroline who looked amazing.
3) Judy did another good performance where you could see improvement and didn't deserve to be marked below Scott!
4) Still prefer watching Sunetra, Steve and Mark in terms of them epitomising the ethos of the journey element of the show and being humble.
5) My only gripe are the constant mentioning of the celeb's families or work life - lucky Kristina getting to go to a Blue concert eh!

Comments

• Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Tess gets worse
    2. Claudia is making Tess look worse - there is no partnership
    3. Ola looked magnificent
    4. Glad we've got Trent. He has real charisma
    5. Brendan - just gets better
  • Options
    miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Steve has improved so much and is loving it I've ended up loving him - my fave now.
    2) Mark deserves to avoid the dance-off tonight - he was amazing in a difficult dance.
    3) Pixie & Frankie are too samey for me, cute, young, singers who could already dance.
    4) Sunetra might be in danger but I hope not
    5) Alison, Scott or Judy to go, anyone else would be a travesty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    1. Don't understand how Scott was better than Judy. I really, really don't. I enjoyed Judy's dance more than most of the other ones tonight and I think the marking was unfair.
    2. I always love Caroline and yet again I thought she was great tonight.
    3. Dance of the night for me goes to Mark - enjoyed that so much and didn't want it to end.
    4. Pixie and Trent - last week I loved them, this week although they danced very well, I just didn't feel it as much as I did Mark and Caroline. I just can't make my mind up on them.
    5. Hope Thom stays in - he's in a very dangerous position on the leaderboard and I like him so I'd be gutted if he left.
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Great show once again tonight - my love for Claudia grows and grows :D

2. For the real first time, I absolutely adored watching Judy & Anton tonight! I've finally found the Judy love :cool:

3. Pleasantly surprised with Mark. I thought giving him the Samba after being in the dance-off was setting him up for a failure right away, so how wrong was I ;-)

4. Once again, I continue to love Alison but I thought Judy deserved higher marks. Alison barely did anything and her Tango music was terrible. I can see a bottom two appearance.

5. I really hope Trent stays as a professional next year. He's such a cute little thing :cool:
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Tess is fine but Claudia is so keen to be funny that she forgets about Tess
    2. Jake and Sunetra were the best
    3. Caroline and Pixie are so dull
    4. Glad to see Mark getting good marks
    5. Show wasn't as good tonight
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1:Frankie was better than Kevin again

2: Olas dress was gorgeous

3: Caroline bores me

4: i am so pleased with myself , I have at least managed to blank out Anton

5: Steve is so watchable , I love his efforts
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. good show, without a theme ( Yeah ! ) and some lovely frocks

2. Darcey's The Boys Are Right .........is becoming as regular as Len's Yer Came Aht

3. As a follow on to point 2 - Len seems to have upped his game - now it's not only Yer Came Aht ............
    but, for some couples ........... Yer both came aht ! ... pleased to see he's finally including the Pro with the Celeb

4. Loved Sunetra and her frock ......and Brendan of course

5. Pixie and Frankie make me yawn, is like watching a Pro demonstration

( sneaky 6 - I dont enjoy watching Joanne but really felt for her tonight, was worried Scott would drop her )
  • Options
    brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Some lovely dresses tonight - especially the men - (well done Brendan with the tails)
    2. Darcey had to have been drinking before the show - i found it hard to understand her at times and the scores:confused:
    3. Claudia had confirmed again what we all knew that she is completely bonkers! Must be fun in her house:D
    4. Frankie walked through her dance
    5. Caroline is turning out to be quite the dancer
  • Options
    Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. I know Len said he had a cold but he looked like he can't get out of there quick enough
    2. Judy was under-marked, better than Scott, Alison and Simon
    3. Claudia getting better by the week, Tess a long way behind.
    4. Loved Caroline's Paso and Sunetra's VW
    5. I normally hate the Samba but Mark and Karen really impressed me with their dance
  • Options
    miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already done my 5 and I love reading others, amazing how we all see and appreciate things differently.
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Loved Judy, thought she was undermarked

Felt Scott was an embarrassment.

Thought Jake and Janette were great. I love her choreography

Thought Caroline's paso amazing but do wish they would use the Spanish music.

Think Tess is terrible! Please, please replace her.
  • Options
    Julie JJulie J Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Claudia was really funny tonight - Loving her, she's brilliant
    2. Wow, what a great dance from Mark, one of the best Samba's I've seen on Strictly
    3. I saw a lot of improvement in Scott tonight - Still a long long way to go though
    4. Thom really needs to improve a lot more if to challenge for the top section of the leaderboard. Great to look at though :D
    5. Time for one of the weak dancers to go, Scott, Judy or Alison.
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Judy was highly undermarked. In no way was she worse than Scott! >:( Despite this, I would have put both Judy and Scott above Alison - she did nothing and really should go. She isn't improving at all.

2. The judges marks seemed a little "fishy" tonight... It must be the first time this series where there was barely any ties, which meant Judy had 2 points, whereas last week at the bottom of the leaderboard she would have got 5.

3. Pixie and Trent were my favourites tonight. I loved their Samba! They seem just like a younger Zoe & Ian (Trent's similarities to Ian, Zoe and Pixie's blonde hair, both great at Samba...)

4. Frankie and Kevin are so cute together. A lovely Foxtrot, but something is still missing for me, they need a "wow" dance soon. They are still my favourite couple though.

5. Simon's dance was a mess, I didn't like it at all :confused: I think he'll be in the bottom two but I think that could be with any of Judy / Scott / Alison or Sunetra.
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Cannot stand Tess and Claudia. Claudia trying to hard to be funny and Tess what can I say wooden as per usual.

2. All the Pixie love gets on my wick. Overmarked as always. Desperate to win.

3. Tess rambling on and on when they have finished dancing prior to getting the judges comments with her "look at the standing ovation all for you ". Sick!

4. Do not care who wins.

5. SCD needs to finish at the end of this series and not return. Getting boring now. Same old same old every flipping year.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 show better this week

2 hate short ballroom dresses

3 Mark overmarked 9???

4 wish judges would stop ignoring faults of some and pulling others for same fault

5 Judy and Scott for bottom two both made me cringe in diferent ways
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank goodness they finally binned those awful trousers on Mark & Brendan

Steve was a big surprise tonight he looked lovely in the tail suit & danced so sweetly

Judy was hard done by she was better than Scott & possibly Alison

I missed Tim & Natalie

Simon's in trouble again I think
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Lovely Steve and Ola were simple and touching :)

2. Pasha's best dance so far this year for me. I love a Pasha Doble

3. Claudia is naturally funny. Gives me hope that the BBC trust her to present a live show :o

4. Of the 'good ones' I felt that Frankie and Caroline were best, but I'm still enjoying Steve, Sunetra and the rest of that middle group much more at this time. I find them less expressive but more moving

5. :blush: Anton made me laugh and I'm not high. Maybe I'm getting feverish ;-)
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1.Well done Mark - really warmed to him this series in a way I didn't think I would.Could well be a dark horse - and the 'journey' of the series if he avoids the bottom 2.

2. Can see Simon being in danger. And maybe Sunetra too after being in the 'deathslot' and delivering only really a competent dance (which I thought many on here overrated).

3. DS came across really badly tonight - even by its usual standards. Did Scott and Judy kill puppies in midweek or something? Both seemed to again get absolute vitriol on here over what is essentially a dance show -and not being as natural as some others. Both performances tonight were certainly an improvement from their first and the vitroil on here makes me want them both to avoid the bottom 2.
    And it's not just confined to them either. The criticism on here at times is really rude, catty and personal and says more about the posters than anything. >:(

4. Really pleasantly surprised by Steve again this week and I love his obvious enthusiasm for the show. I just hope he's safe again this week.

5.Have to say the performances I'm enjoying every week aren't (Jake aside who always does a good fun routine) usually from the likes of Thom, Mark and Steve. They may not be as technically good yet as say Caroline or Pixie but performances by those two just leave me cold for some reason whereas I'm really enjoying seeing Thom, Mark and Steve improve as the series goes on and coming out their shell - after starting as complete novices really. Those 3 got my vote tonight.
    And I think Thom continues to come across as a really genuine nice bloke - he's in 'the danger zone' though so hope he's safe.
  • Options
    sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Love Steve, he has really improved
    2. Caroline and Janette's dresses were horrible
    3. Trent seems to be relaxing into the show more
    4. Frankie bit boring tonight
    5. Hope Scott is out of his misery tonight
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    1.Well done Mark - really warmed to him this series in a way I didn't think I would.Could well be a dark horse - and the 'journey' of the series if he avoids the bottom 2.

2. Can see Simon being in danger. And maybe Sunetra too after being in the 'deathslot' and delivering only really a competent dance (which I thought many on here overrated).

3. DS came across really badly tonight - even by its usual standards. Did Scott and Judy kill puppies in midweek or something? Both seemed to again get absolute vitriol on here over what is essentially a dance show -and not being as natural as some others. Both performances tonight were certainly an improvement from their first and the vitroil on here makes me want them both to avoid the bottom 2.
    And it's not just confined to them either. The criticism on here at times is really rude, catty and personal and says more about the posters than anything. >:(

4. Really pleasantly surprised by Steve again this week and I love his obvious enthusiasm for the show. I just hope he's safe again this week.

5.Have to say the performances I'm enjoying every week aren't (Jake aside who always does a good fun routine) usually from the likes of Thom, Mark and Steve. They may not be as technically good yet as say Caroline or Pixie but performances by those two just leave me cold for some reason whereas I'm really enjoying seeing Thom, Mark and Steve improve as the series goes on and coming out their shell - after starting as complete novices really. Those 3 got my vote tonight.
    And I think Thom continues to come across as a really genuine nice bloke - he's in 'the danger zone' though so hope he's safe.

it's nesh but I'll never read the live thread, at least not live. It's too harsh for me. JJ makes better company in any case !! :o
  • Options
    tiddlebootiddleboo Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1: delighted by every aspect of Sunetra and Brendan's vw tonight, and feeling their partnership and friendship growing.

2: pleasantly charmed by Simon's performance in the vw, real happiness and peace in his eyes.

3: good job Iveta had that amazing frock on or her and Thom's chacha would have sent me into a coma.

4: Tess seems to have given up.

5: Judy sorely undermarked tonight.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    1. Claudia is wonderful - sadly Tess is not!
    2. Judy doesn't deserve to be at the bottom - she was better than both Scott and Alison!
    3. Steve and Ola did a lovely dance - the boy done good!
    4. Loved how Len called Craig on the drivel he spouted at Alison (confirmed by James on Twitter) - proof that Craig hasn't got a scooby about ballroom dancing
    5. Loving James' tweet a thon on Saturday nights - hes very balanced and constructive in what he says on there - despite what his Hatahs may think (he marked Steve and Ola lower than the judges did!
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1.There is never a general consensus on this forum - ever
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    1. most accomplished dances were in the middle of the leaderboard - sunetra and simon's VWs, and frankie's FT

2. this suggests that doing a good job of the dance you're given is no longer enough :(

3. scott: he's like the kid at school who has 'kick me' sellotaped to the back of his blazer, and yet i can't feel sorry for him cos i still feel like he's asking for it

4. enjoyed pixie. in fact enjoyed her way more than that vanilla man she dances with, he's like only half sketched in.

5. ok, i haven't got a 5, i will save this for later.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Wasn't sure about him to begin with but Trent is my kinda pro. Comes across well and does good, fairly traditional choreography. He can stay.

2. Sorry Darcey, on no planet was Mark's Samba the same standard as Pixie's. Mark improved, but he was over-Marked :D

3. Sunetra's ballgown was gorgeous and she danced better than I thought her scores indicated.

4. Steve, from a completely different world, and acquitting himself really, really well.. Was lovely to see a more tender side to him. It's just the Ola Factor I need to get over!

5. I've decided I don't like head rolls in Ballroom dances. They look so...inelegant.