Scandal Season 3 US pace (spoilers in tags please)

1234568»

Comments

• PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    Totally agree I just want Fitz and Olivia to end up miserable now, Jake and Mellie deserve better.

I like the Quinn Charlie thing for its dynamic and find it almost a light relief from all the other stuff even though its slightly sinister

Yeah in the real world Charlie's behaviour would be sinister but in the scandalverse it comes across as light relief, I'm not sure if it's how it's meant to be or if it's how the actor plays it but there's a comedy element to Charlie.
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the latest episode. Must admit I was a bit confused by a few things.

When Liv went to the election rally and was seen on TV, why did Maya Pope demand that Rowan send her out of there? She knew the bomb wasn't there anyway so it made no difference, unless she was in the dark herself (which I doubt). She could have killed/shot Rowan any time she wanted so why then and in Olivia's office? Revenge for Rowan killing her lover even though she could have stopped it herself? I was expecting Dominic to be named as Olivia's father rather than Rowan as he said Dominic was around before he was and instigated Maya and Rowan's relationship.

And OMG, Cyrus is ruthless :o:o:o

Jake will probably wonder why he didn't clear the church but I suppose the net effect (I.e saving the President) was the same as Cyrus diverted him away. Still it's going to be hard for Fitz to know that he didn't win fairly yet again :(.

Finale next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maya definitely knows where the bomb is - she was the one who killed Senator Hightower so that a funeral would have to take place so they could get at Fitz.

Cyrus is stupid, he clearly hasn't learnt that scheming and plotting doesn't end well. Plus there is no guarantee that Sally will die in the bomb, and if she doesn't then she will probably get the sympathy vote after being caught up in it and win the election.

Once again, David Rosen won the episode. His reaction to Jake's revelation about Liv sleeping with him was great.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked Quinn and Huck getting it on in the car park. Some nice hate sex there.

Poor Millie, she's suffered through it all. Didn't realise their son wasn't the Fitz's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    Maya definitely knows where the bomb is - she was the one who killed Senator Hightower so that a funeral would have to take place so they could get at Fitz.

Cyrus is stupid, he clearly hasn't learnt that scheming and plotting doesn't end well. Plus there is no guarantee that Sally will die in the bomb, and if she doesn't then she will probably get the sympathy vote after being caught up in it and win the election.

Once again, David Rosen won the episode. His reaction to Jake's revelation about Liv sleeping with him was great.

I know she killed the Senator, just didn't know why she didn't want Olivia at the election rally when there was no danger there.
    I liked Quinn and Huck getting it on in the car park. Some nice hate sex there.

Poor Millie, she's suffered through it all. Didn't realise their son wasn't the Fitz's.

The DNA test took a sample from Fitz's son (;-)) and a hair from Dominic, I thought (that's what Abby collected) which is another point I didn't really get. If the hair was from Dominic then of course it wouldn't match. They never showed a sample being taken from Fitz, just a wrong negative which was forged to be positive by paying off the lab tech, and this result was the one Sally had.

Liv told Mellie she would organise a discrete test herself which is what Mellie opened, but we weren't told the result of that one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    I know she killed the Senator, just didn't know why she didn't want Olivia at the election rally when there was no danger there.

I think she wanted Rowan to make Liv come back from the rally because she wanted Liv to be the one to find Rowan bleeding out...

Talking of which, how long were Quinn & Huck having sex for? Maya walked past them when they started, did her thing with Rowan, Liv got back and found Rowan, and then Quinn & Huck came in once they were finished.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Was really hoping Mellie was going to give Liv a good clout and give her a piece of her mind.

Hope what's his face doesn't die in the bomb, Mellie gets no luck and he really cares for her too

Liked the Quinn huck Charlie bits
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrus :o He has certainly lost it, allowing Sally, Leo and Andrew to die. I don't want any of them to die, especially Andrew as Mellie deserves some happiness.

I enjoyed this ep but I am missing the 'fixer' type eps that we got in season 1/2.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gawd, only one more episode :(

Loved the music over the end credits 'Smiling faces tell lies'. How appropriate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At first I thought that as we didn't see the bomb go off in this ep, therefore it won't.

But then I thought, "Hmm, bomb timed for 60 minutes huh?" Next episode will be 'real time' and end with the bomb exploding but we don't know who's caught in the blast. End of season cliffhanger, sorted.

And man oh man Millie is hot. I saw a younger her in something recently and she was also hot but I think she got hotter with age. And that's my thoughtful, considered commentary on this show. :)
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! What an awesome finale, thoroughly enjoyed Season 3 and the way things have been set up Season 4 promises to be even better! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt that the finale was set out to work as a series finale just incase the show doesn't come back for season 4...

I hated that they gave the rape reveal to Liv... It wasn't her secret to tell and was just yet another example of her overstepping boundaries.

After hating Olitz for most of this season I was drawn back in by their phone call before the rally, but given the events after that I'd be happy for Liv and Fitz to never lay eyes on each other again.

Fitz asking for Liv and getting Mellie to try and call her when Mellie herself was grieving destroyed Fitz beyond all redemption for me... I get why he wanted Liv but ask Cyrus or ask Lauren the secretary do not ask the mother of the child who just died.

It did make me laugh though that Liv is flying off to start a brand new life and yet she's keeping her same old phone number.

As much as Jake was probably trying to do the right thing by sending all that paperwork to David, it would appear that Mr Rosen now has a target on his back. And when it comes to having people killed, Papa Pope don't play.

I called Tom having done something to Jerry as soon as Jerry started bleeding and I called Maya still being alive as soon as Rowan said that she was dead.

I wasn't surprised with how we last saw Harrison given the actors legal troubles.

Mellie won the episode, her reassuring Fitz that she had tried to fight Big Jerry off and her grief after her son died were heartbreaking, perfectly acted. David calling Cyrus "Voldemort" was a highlight too.

I did enjoy the finale and (despite being very predictable) it was probably the best episode in the second half of the season, I just wish that B613 had stayed gone.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why oh why has Rowan kept Maya alive?

It looks very much as though the lovely Guillemo Diaz won't be back - at least I hope he's reconnected with his family and they all now live in Provence or at least out of the clutches of the Pope cartel.

Again, such great music over the closing credits
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it felt like a series finale, with everyone having the ending they wanted. No sense of cliffhanger for me at all.

When Abby was saying how evil Rowan was, that's when I realised he was pulling everyone's strings and was responsible for all the outcomes.

Still enjoyed it though :).
  • patsharpatshar Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I noticed that S3 in the UK is also being shown on Netflix...