Worst cover I've seen in many a year
    Yet the fans still try and find some hidden meaning
    It's an eyesore
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JakeM641 wrote: »
    I don't get why this would stop people buying it? If it was her completely naked with her tits out then yeah maybe, but at worst it's just a colourful mess

Lady Gaga is at a point now where all she has left is her 'little monsters'. The casual buyer is long gone - as we saw with BTW. Part of the reason her first album did so well, was because people weren't embarrassed or awkward when buying it. I would of quite happily walked in and bought it - well, I did. Even with BTW, the album cover was so horrendous, I ordered it on iTunes, instead of buying it whilst out with my mates.

If I was to walk into Tesco, HMV or whatever else with my mates, I can 100% say I would not touch that album, looking like that. It's horrendous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Worst cover I've seen in many a year
    Yet the fans still try and find some hidden meaning
    It's an eyesore

The meaning is hardly hidden, though. The combination of Botticelli and Koons clearly represents ''ARTPOP''. Nothing very complicated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    If I was to walk into Tesco, HMV or whatever else with my mates, I can 100% say I would not touch that album, looking like that. It's horrendous.

Maybe you care a little too much what your friends think? :o
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady Gaga is at a point now where all she has left is her 'little monsters'. The casual buyer is long gone - as we saw with BTW. Part of the reason her first album did so well, was because people weren't embarrassed or awkward when buying it. I would of quite happily walked in and bought it - well, I did. Even with BTW, the album cover was so horrendous, I ordered it on iTunes, instead of buying it whilst out with my mates.

Hmm, interesting post:)
  • Options
    maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To all of you who think this cover is awful, maybe you should consider the view of arguably Britain's most famous art expert, former Tate Media & Tate Gallery director, the BBC's Arts Editor, and 9 times Chairman of the Turner Prize Will Gompertz thinks about the album cover:

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/why-lady-gagas-album-cover-is-actually-a-world-class-work-of-art
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To all of you who think this cover is awful, maybe you should consider the view of arguably Britain's most famous art expert, former Tate Media & Tate Gallery director, the BBC's Arts Editor, and 9 times Chairman of the Turner Prize Will Gompertz thinks about the album cover:

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/why-lady-gagas-album-cover-is-actually-a-world-class-work-of-art

Brilliant to see and read and proving that I and several others arent crazy OVERlooking at it...more reasons why i feel this is her best album cover :) it looks as captivating and delicious as where i hope the music will take it :). Really and truthfully :)

Really cannot wait for some "gypsy" teasers.

What promo do we have lined up thus far??

we have her headlining the You Tube awards, we have her EMAs (she is confirmed as a performer right?), the artRAVE launch party, and she will be hosting/performing at her own SNL show too ....bang!! :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member

Who cares. Some people online think it's crap.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

Yes, Koons has provided a work of art. The art isn't Gaga's though. She only provides the Pop.

Koons could make 1D look arty.
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Yes, Koons has provided a work of art. The art isn't Gaga's though. She only provides the Pop.

Koons could make 1D look arty.

I would really expect that Gaga, being the control freak she is (Edge of Glory video case in point) she would have had a lot of input. Album covers are a big deal and she won't have not had a say in terms of how it looked or what it referenced.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's a tonne of 'art' out there that I think looks vile.

I would've been more interested in his opinion if he didn't know who the artist was!
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone with half a braincell knows Will Gompertz is a knob
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who simply cannot get worked up over a cover? The quality of the music will define the album not the cover.
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fame minster had a shit cover
    Born this way had a shit cover

Im def not a gaga fan but i have to admit, artpop cover is good.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who simply cannot get worked up over a cover? The quality of the music will define the album not the cover.

well she's royally screwed then, joke people.:p no, you're not the only one though.;) i agree, it is only an album cover, but i expected nothing less than a lengthy blow by blow analysis from certain quarters and just imagine the hype when the music is available for deep analysis.:eek:

it reminds me of an obscure song that perfectly describes my indifference with this latest development.

"you are standing by yourself, intensely looking at a picture on the wall. and frowning. like you couldn't see the point and then you turned around and I was looking straight into your eyes, and drowning. and all those art-know-it-alls and their voices too loud. i hang on to your face as you walked through the crowd."

basically, i feel like that bloke the singer is describing in the song. he's seen the picture, he's heard the hype from the crowd, but he doesn't get it and he probably doesn't even want to get it.:D i guess i am the regular straightforward type of person that likes unchallenging things, especially in regards to music and having had that scenario suggested to me by gaga fans over the years, i am finally ready to own it.:cool: so i'll get me coat,:o but its an album cover people and she is meant to be a pop star.:yawn: resuscitate me when she remembers that.:sleep:

shameless catty comments aside,:o as cover art goes, i dont hate it and its certainly an improvement on "born this way".:D
  • Options
    Rae_AmuryRae_Amury Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »

It's always the music what makes the cover artwork iconic.

I was never fond of Koons, his works are always so kitschy. But even when I don't like the artwork, I think it works as a pop album cover. Maybe because Koons is to visual arts what Gaga is to music, so they compliment each other well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everytime i look at the cover i grow more and more in lvoe with it...i just yeah...i cannot wait to hear what it looks like...and look what it sounds like.

Layd gaga does reflect the area of Pop i love...the excitement and insanity within the iconography...i dont like simplicity as in "limiting" and i dont like the over-sexualisation of Pop with no meaning you know? So many in mainstream get it wrong...and gaga for me just gets it right more than wrong for me :) and i have lvoed the way this album/era has been arranved thus far.

Really am glad that this is the cover and cannot wait to own it in my hands :) really cant wait. The music i cannot wait for next...really hope the Aura official lyric video is released soon....in need of it :)...And of course "gypsy" i think will be teased next :) filmed soon i reckon for a late Oct release i ntime for the You Tube awards in early Nov as well as the SNL show she will do and promo spots across then :)...cannot wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So lyric video done with Rodriguez (director of Machete Kills) is coming later tonight, she's confirmed on Twitter that Aura is not the next single, and we're getting the tracklisting later today too! Yay!
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So lyric video done with Rodriguez (director of Machete Kills) is coming later tonight, she's confirmed on Twitter that Aura is not the next single, and we're getting the tracklisting later today too! Yay!

Yey! :D Exciting!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am excited to see what made the cut "cockfight for 12th song" apparently :) hmmm....looking forward to see however :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am excited to see what made the cut "cockfight for 12th song" apparently :) hmmm....looking forward to see however :).

I wonder whether this means they've revised how many songs are gonna be on the album? I seem to remember before someone saying there would be 15?? We certainly have enough titles for 15 songs, but maybe now the final number of tracks is 12 and she's choosing the closing song? All will be revealed i'm sure...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So, Rick Ruben produced a track called DOPE on ARTPOP. She has confirmed it is not hip hop.

He's worked with everyone from Metallica and System Of A Down to Eminem and Run DMC to Lana and Adele. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Rubin_production_discography
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1. Aura [prod. Infected Mushroom & Zedd]
    2. Venus
    3. G.U.Y
    4. Sexxx Dreams [prod. DJWS]
    5. Jewels N' Drugs ft. T.I., Too $hort, and Twista [prod. DJWS]
    6. MANiCURE [prod. DJWS]
    7. Do What U Want ft. R. Kelly
    8. ARTPOP [prod. DJWS]
    9. Swine [prod. DJWS]
    10. Donatella
    11. Fashion! [prod. Will.I.Am]
    12. Mary Jane Holland [prod. Madeon]
    13. DOPE [prod. Rick Rubin]
    14. GYPSY [prod. Madeon]
    15. Applause [prod. DJWS]

Might come through the app later on:

Brooklyn Nights
    I Wanna Be With You
    Tea
    Princess Die
    Ratchet
    Red Flame

Edit: Apparently Dope is a developed version of I Wanna Be With You with Rick Rubin? Well, if you want a good ballad - he's a good producer to have work with it.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rick Rubin is probably the best producer she has on there. Be good for her to focus more on him for the future.

Too much DJWS for me. :mad: at R Kelly, the Will.I.Am production could be interesting though.

What happened to this big all star female Telephone follow up? I guess it was just fan hype rather than reality then?
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moaning minnie time - far too much DJ White Star and a depressing lack of a) Rihanna b) Beyonce or c) superstar Papaphone III collaboration.