Comments

• Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Bumped!!

Happy Cheers day!! Back tonight - just a reminder :D

Great news, I was just checking TV listings for tonight and saw it was back on ITV4 and hope to see this thread on Page 1 for the next few weeks or months hopefully. I'm sure they'll continue with the remaining Series :)
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My box remembered the series link I had (from March or April was it:confused:) and has it on record for tonight. I thought series links became obsolete after so long.

Looking forward to it. :cool: ............ I have missed it.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My box remembered the series link I had (from March or April was it:confused:) and has it on record for tonight. I thought series links became obsolete after so long.

Looking forward to it. :cool: ............ I have missed it.

My box recorded it for me too. My V+ box remembers series links from years ago. For example, I set it once to record Match Of The Day 4 years ago and its recorded it every year for me since. The beauty of technology.
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Can't believe I missed the Cliff on Jeopardy episode yesterday :(
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k0213818 wrote: »
    They usually repeat them at the weekends.
  • Options
    cody jarrettcody jarrett Posts: 1,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k0213818 wrote: »

Yes atg is right, all is not lost as that one is on at 8.20am on Saturday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes atg is right, all is not lost as that one is on at 8.20am on Saturday.
    And 9.20.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so glad Cheers is back but I have to say seeing Sam the way he is right now saddens me.

Him sleeping with that elderly Professor was just icky, thank goodness we didn't see any of the "action". He is a sorry shadow of the once decent man he was. Ted Danson can't have enjoyed playing Sam like that very much, although I am sure his hefty paycheque numbed the pain!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up with last night's second episode and it was a cracker with Lilith and Frasier appearing on day time tv to discuss her new book.

Then later on Frasier trying to find his wild side by becoming a biker, hilarious.

Of course the episode started off with what I think is the very best intro Cheers had when Norm was tapping his pencil then gradually everyone in the bar started tapping too and then Woody started singing Queen's 'We will rock you' to the rhythm.
  • Options
    cody jarrettcody jarrett Posts: 1,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the cold opening a couple of days ago when a man who hadn't been in the bar for decades came in and commented how much it had changed. He said somehing like all he recognised was the wallpaper behind Norm!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the cold opening a couple of days ago when a man who hadn't been in the bar for decades came in and commented how much it had changed. He said somehing like all he recognised was the wallpaper behind Norm!
    Made me laugh too. :D

I wondered if the We Will Rock You opener was a tribute to Freddie Mercury, but if I'm right the episode was actually a year or two before he died.
  • Options
    Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the two episodes tonight , the first one ended with I think it was young Fredrick's first word , "Norm" when he walked into the bar , but Lilith thought he said mum . The second episode was the first part of two celebrating the show's 200 episodes with the cast & writers .
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barney06 wrote: »
    Enjoyed the two episodes tonight , the first one ended with I think it was young Fredrick's first word , "Norm" when he walked into the bar , but Lilith thought he said mum . The second episode was the first part of two celebrating the show's 200 episodes with the cast & writers .

I enjoyed the recap too, but I'd have preferred more chatting with the cast, creators and writers rather than just clips. Perhaps there will be more of that in the second half.

Loved Frederick's first word being, 'Norm' - loved Lilith's teary, '...he said MOMMY!' even more! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed the recap episode, seeing some of the clips again like the Thanksgiving food fight.

Expect the 2nd episode will feature Frasier, Lilith, Woody, Rebecca/Sam and Rebecca/Robin but agree it would have been good to hear more about the character developments from the writers and the actors themselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    So annoyed that it looks like this is going off air again next week for the snore de France. :mad:
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to watch them all without the constant interruptions ITV4 keep throwing up. Taken off again for the cycling soon.

I shall just buy the boxset, and forget about ITV4 I think. They make following a programme so difficult. Life's too short.
  • Options
    Fred FlintstoneFred Flintstone Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IanPH wrote: »
    So annoyed that it looks like this is going off air again next week for the snore de France. :mad:

Not good.
    Enjoyed the 200th episode actually quite miss Diane being in the show. Can't really warm to Rebecca.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like that Sam and Rebecca ever slept together (never mind the later 'baby' plan). I thought that they worked better as just friends, and it was a great contrast to the Sam and Diane relationship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have been on holiday so just catching up with last weeks episode. Was excited about the 200th episode but was soooooooo disappointed in it. Cant believe that they had all the cast (including Diane), the writers / producers and a live audience and all we got was a 90% clip show with literally just 5 minutes worth of questions. What a golden opportunity missed for a fantastic tribute show that it should have been.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Have been on holiday so just catching up with last weeks episode. Was excited about the 200th episode but was soooooooo disappointed in it. Cant believe that they had all the cast (including Diane), the writers / producers and a live audience and all we got was a 90% clip show with literally just 5 minutes worth of questions. What a golden opportunity missed for a fantastic tribute show that it should have been.

Did anyone else think there was a bit of tension between Shelly Long and Kirsty Alley or was I reading something into nothing??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else think there was a bit of tension between Shelly Long and Kirsty Alley or was I reading something into nothing??
    I don't know why there would be between those two, more likely with the rest of the cast because when she left the whole show must have been in doubt.

When they received some sort of award a few years ago Shelley made some strange remark about being the one who as usual had to say something. I'll see if I can find it on Youtube.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    atg wrote: »
    I don't know why there would be between those two, more likely with the rest of the cast because when she left the whole show must have been in doubt.

When they received some sort of award a few years ago Shelley made some strange remark about being the one who as usual had to say something. I'll see if I can find it on Youtube.

Thanks. What I noticed was that when Kirsty Alley first started talking about taking over from Diane, Shelley looked down with a kind of strained look on her face. But then Kirsty said something about the audience being determined not to like her no matter what she did because she was not Diane, and Shelley laughed and looked a lot more relaxed.

Maybe she was just a bit wary of comparisons between their two characters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. What I noticed was that when Kirsty Alley first started talking about taking over from Diane, Shelley looked down with a kind of strained look on her face. But then Kirsty said something about the audience being determined not to like her no matter what she did because she was not Diane, and Shelley laughed and looked a lot more relaxed.

Maybe she was just a bit wary of comparisons between their two characters.
    Possibly. It was Shelley's decision to leave, so Kirsty wouldn't even have had the chance at the role otherwise.

That clip I mentioned is here. There is probably nothing in it, Shelley was pushed to the front - ahead of Rhea mind you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if the 200th epidode was the only tribute show with cast / crew / audience etc that ever happened ? Did we get one after the finale ? If not, it makes me even more mad that the 200th episode was such a waste. I still cant believe that with all those stars and writers together they filled the episodes with 90% of clips.
  • Options
    swordofomensswordofomens Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I bought the 11 season boxset a few months ago & have finally finished watching it all.

The Shelley Long era was definetly my fave though I do think her departure enabled the show to reinvent itself & enabled it to run as long as it did.

Kirstie Alley was great aswell though but the writing for her character was very sloppy.

Bebe Neuworth deserved more screentime aswell as she was my fave character overall. Didn't like how they wrote Lilith out in Season 11 though it was terribly out of character to have her cheat on Frasier.