Options

PSCOs' a lot of them about lately?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sticky PollardSticky Pollard Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I think it's to provide more of a police presence in town in general.

Also, they provide support to the police.

So really, if these pretend police officers PSCO see somethind illegal they just call up proper police and stand by until they arrive. ummm not really an increase in police powerin the street, just some busy bodies.
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi,
    robtuk06 wrote: »
    One point of them is to deal with minor crime.

Why tie up a highly trained Police Officer doing tasks, like giving out fixed Penalty Notices, when a PCSO can do this well enough.

Nigel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    So really, if these pretend police officers PSCO see somethind illegal they just call up proper police and stand by until they arrive. ummm not really an increase in police powerin the street, just some busy bodies.

Exactly! And Criminals know that, they can't touch them, only wait for PCs to arrive. Anyway in my area, i'd like to see half the PCSOs chase an offender, they get out of breath just getting out of bed in the morning!
  • Options
    robtuk06robtuk06 Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It feels as though you have decided that you dislike them and won't take onboard anything that anyone says anyway.

Of course it would be better to replace every PCSO with a constable, but it ain't gonna happen, so why not appreciate what we have got instead?

Or would you prefer your taxes going toward a constables wages who puts tickets on cars and tells kids off for spitting in the street, when a PCSO can do that job for less money?
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok,

If you couldn't afford more Police Officers, which would you prefer?

A flesh and Blood PCSO?

or a CCTV camera?

Nigel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It feels as though you have decided that you dislike them and won't take onboard anything that anyone says anyway.

Of course it would be better to replace every PCSO with a constable, but it ain't gonna happen, so why not appreciate what we have got instead?

Or would you prefer your taxes going toward a constables wages who puts tickets on cars and tells kids off for spitting in the street, when a PCSO can do that job for less money?

I prefer our taxes to be managed better. Like the NHS and the Education system, it is not a matter of pumping more money into it but just a matter of managing them properly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I prefer our taxes to be managed better. Like the NHS and the Education system, it is not a matter of pumping more money into it but just a matter of managing them properly.

I don't get the point you are trying to make regarding PCSO's.

They are SAVING money, against employing the same amount of constables.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't get the point you are trying to make regarding PCSO's.

They are SAVING money, against employing the same amount of constables.

I disagree, I would rather have 4 police officers to 6 PCSO's
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree, I would rather have 4 police officers to 6 PCSO's

So would I, but at the same time, I would prefer to not have a PC dealing with things that someone who is paid less can deal with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So would I, but at the same time, I would prefer to not have a PC dealing with things that someone who is paid less can deal with.

Not if the PSCO has to call out a PC (often the case) :D Thn you are paying double.
  • Options
    OneF'inFalkirkOneF'inFalkirk Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scunthorpe?

I spend a fortnight there one night :D
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was most curious and have been ever since to see a local PSCO stopping traffic on a small but well used road in Wooler to allow the binmen to collect the rubbish. She just stood in the street and blocked traffic for about 10 minutes thus causing chaos.