Options

lowest placed side to get into the play offs

2»

Comments

• Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Bournemouth are owned by the fans aren't they.

Not sure, from what I can find it seems like they're owned 50/50 by a local businessman and a Russian (going from this) . Crazy that in 2008 - 09 they were playing to stay in the football league on the last day of the season.

If they get promoted they need to up their stadium capacity, only hold 12,000 at the moment. Arguably should do so anyway, they have one of the lowest attendances in the Championship.
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,050
    Forum Member
    Not sure, from what I can find it seems like they're owned 50/50 by a local businessman and a Russian (going from this) . Crazy that in 2008 - 09 they were playing to stay in the football league on the last day of the season.

They've been wholly owned by Max Demin, the Russian, since last September.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23932105

Would be quite incredible if they make the play-offs this season, but with the run of form they're in it might just happen.
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He;s a bit of a sugar daddy chairman, isn't he?

Football Manager seem to hink he is, anyway
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they did go up through the play offs not likely seeing that QPR, Derby and Wigan are llikely to be in the mix up.

But would it be one promotion too much, my reasoning is Yeovil got promoted into the Championship, but are facing relegation, Yeovil in Steve Claridges eyes, were they are the kinda club, who has one good season in ten.

Eddie Howe, I wouldn't be surprised if he had mixed feeling if they promoted, in case they fired him.

If a club like Bournemouth got promoted, you would hope the chairman would have sense realise they are playing above there needs, and keep him on
  • Options
    andy_d77andy_d77 Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lowest place team to get in the play offs is Carlisle united, who didn't get into a play off spot until may of 1994, their highest league placing was 7th only achieved on the last day of the season (last spot at the time) but had been as low as 19th (taken placings beyond the first 10 matches to avoid "we were bottom" statement) they were 10th at the start of May and finished 7th before losing 4-1 on agg in the semi finals to Wycome

CUFC too are the only team I can find who were never in the play off positions until May OR the last 2 games of the season. (including the first 10 games where equal points could have put you in a promotion / play off spot) Of cause if you know better please let me know
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the same thing, but I remember several seasons in the mid to late nineties when Wolves had a late season collapse, to miss out on a place in the play-offs
  • Options
    alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This from the first person to complain about the Chris Hughton thread going off topic.

A poster and now Wolves being baited in the same week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This from the first person to complain about the Chris Hughton thread going off topic.

Not really baiting.

Around that period of time,Norwich City would routinely have a bad spell in the bad weather of midwinter. Xmas to early March generally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You took Wolves on in another thread as well. It is off topic and irrelevant so fails to meet T&Cs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You took Wolves on in another thread as well. It is off topic and irrelevant so fails to meet T&Cs.

If you say so, Mr Mod
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not me, the T&Cs.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Norwich and Wolves do hate each other for some reason
  • Options
    andy_d77andy_d77 Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Norwich and Wolves do hate each other for some reason

as the kids say nowadays 'meh'