Options

Breaking Bad how long will you wait to re-watch?

David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've read of some fans of BB re-watching the show at some point.
I binge watched it last year and tbh felt somewhat 'empty' when I'd finished I recall saying I wish I could have it erased from my memory so that I could start all over again! :blush:
Some have said re-watching has been enjoyable because although you know the storyline, a second viewing allows you to see things from a different perspective?

Has anyone on DS watched it again and if so how long did you leave it?
Or if you're thinking of watching again, how long do you think you'll wait?

Comments

• Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rewatched it only a year after first watching it, enjoyed it just as much second time around.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    I'm watching first time round, dont think i would watch it again. Seems very slow the second series so far. not going anywhere, hope it gets better
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rewatched this year for the first time and enjoyed it again. Mainly because it was fun to see my partner enjoy it for the first time. I am re-watching Dexter now with him and I'm enjoying it just as much also.
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have to watch it first. Passed me by. And to be honest I don't think I ever will watch it.
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also feel the same about the Wire. I watched it on DVD an episode most nights. It's been a few years now so I might watch them again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    I'm watching first time round, dont think i would watch it again. Seems very slow the second series so far. not going anywhere, hope it gets better

Stay with it, it just keeps getting better and better! IMO! :)
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started watching it again as soon as I finished the box set. It's a great series but it does improve over the course of the seasons. I thought the last 3 episodes of season 2 were riveting and then seasons 3 and 4 just continue that momentum. I loved it so much that I'm watching the whole thing again on Spike which will now be my 4th viewing.. (gave the box set back to my sister:cry:)

I did the same thing with the Sopranos - have probably watched that at least 3 times right through.
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen it 3 times now.
  • Options
    paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Five years.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am watching it for the first time on Spike and loving it. But from now until the end I am going record them. Will watch them all at once upon completion.

Watching it nightly with adverts was driving me nuts. Waiting for the next episode especially. So I shall watch the remainder like a box set. Think it's due to finish at the end (or sometime) in July.
  • Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched it last year in February in less than two week. Watch the odd episode here and there. Gonna rewatch it all in August though.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »

I'm also a first time watcher and loving it so will get it on dvd so I can watch a series in one sitting.

How sexy is Jesse's voice :blush:
  • Options
    QueeniejeanQueeniejean Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    The adverts are so annoying that I am watching it online. Some of the episodes have borders around them but are better than ads every ten mins.
  • Options
    City2000City2000 Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I'll probably wait at least a couple of years before I watch it again, but I will definitely watch it again. I took my time watching it the first time around watching series 1 on FX and series 2 on 5 USA or 5* before buying the following series dvd's once they started getting released.

I recently re-watched The Wire for the first time in a few years and really enjoyed it. I'm also planning on re-watching The Sopranos soon, haven't seen that in many years so looking forward to that. I find that re-watching a show like Breaking Bad can be just as or even more enjoyable than watching the first time around as I find I watch it from a different perspective not having to worry about who is who etc.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't, as much as I love the show I watch too many other shows to waste time rewatching something.
  • Options
    MacBurpMacBurp Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I'm not usually one to re-watch stuff, but this is one of those shows that benefits from a re-watch. The first time I saw the show I was between TVs, so watching the show on my 7" netbook was less than ideal. Just as I finished season 4 I had caught up, so watched S5 part 1 on a week by week basis - definitely a different perspective than binge watching.

The second watch through was in HD on a 50" tv, which added a lot to the experience. I rewatched the whole thing while S5 part 2 was on, which I watched week by week. Once the show had finished I binge watched the remaining eps. I saw a lot of different stuff I'd missed the first time round.

Have since dipped in to the odd episode and rewatched S5. It is a compelling show. I also felt the need to check a few references in Better Call Saul (that show is worth a couple of viewings too).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MacBurp wrote: »
    I'm not usually one to re-watch stuff, but this is one of those shows that benefits from a re-watch. The first time I saw the show I was between TVs, so watching the show on my 7" netbook was less than ideal. Just as I finished season 4 I had caught up, so watched S5 part 1 on a week by week basis - definitely a different perspective than binge watching.

The second watch through was in HD on a 50" tv, which added a lot to the experience. I rewatched the whole thing while S5 part 2 was on, which I watched week by week. Once the show had finished I binge watched the remaining eps. I saw a lot of different stuff I'd missed the first time round.

Have since dipped in to the odd episode and rewatched S5. It is a compelling show. I also felt the need to check a few references in Better Call Saul (that show is worth a couple of viewings too).

I must admit I thought Better Call Saul was just going to be a money making prequel on the back of BB, but I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and think it held up well on its own merits, enjoyable even if you haven't seen BB, although a better watch if you have!
    Does BCS have the same writing/production team does anyone know?
  • Options
    MacBurpMacBurp Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    David1964 wrote: »
    Does BCS have the same writing/production team does anyone know?

I think most of the Breaking Bad team are working on Better Call Saul
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    As we have Netflix, it is just too easy to watch BB episodes again. I've just finished re-watching 90% of season 3-5, then I put episode one on again. Even though I know the story and characters, I just find it intriguing and gladly watch random episodes now and then.

I find I watch season 4 stuff more than others - that's the real meat of the story, with Heisenberg, Gus and the cartel at their peak, with Hank too close for comfort.

Season 5 is maybe more spectacular, but it is more serious with the white supremacists etc.

Thank god for the excellent Better Call Saul, because there is something about Albuquerque and Vince Gilligans productions that are so absorbing.
  • Options
    swishbabyswishbaby Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    No matter how hard I try I just can't get into this.
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Seen it twice all the way through and the shock of going back and seeing how it all started after you know where it goes is hard to believe.