Did your parents ever hit you?

LilyAnna80LilyAnna80 Posts: 3,560
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Mine did - and it never did me any lasting harm. A short, sharp slap on the legs taught me a lot more than anything else.

Comments

• tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    Yes, and as I've said before they should have probably done it more frequently too. I think I was a little sh*t when I was growing up at times although me Ma says otherwise. I didn't really do anything that naughty but compared to some of my friends at the time, I got away with so much.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Yes, as did my teachers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got the belt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    I remember being smacked just once by my dad when he got really angry because I was playing up, I learnt from it and it had no negative effects
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They smacked me. I understand why and I am grateful now actually. Every smack was well earned!:D

edit>>>> is it well earnt or earned? Maybe they should have smacked me for not concentrating in English class!
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost daily by my dad, He always got violent when he'd been to the pub and often got violent if he couldn't go to the pub, He'd hit my mum afterwards most times for sticking up for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,012
    Forum Member
    Caldari wrote: »
    Yes, as did my teachers.

I had a wooden blackboard chalk 'eraser' cobbed at my head once! :eek:
    I told my dad about it and he clipped round the earhole! :(
    No lasting damage done.
    *cackle cackle* :D
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was always the threat of it, but as I recall they never actually did it.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Once or twice, but only ever on the back of the leg and it never hurt.

They stopped when, after slapping my 6 year old leg, I turned to my dad and said "you can smack me all you like I'm not bothered".

I cultivated an attitude early on in life!
  • LilyAnna80LilyAnna80 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    Almost daily by my dad, He always got violent when he'd been to the pub and often got violent if he couldn't go to the pub, He'd hit my mum afterwards most times for sticking up for me.

Did you give him a good hiding when you got older?
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    My teachers hit me. One time I got slapped around the face.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got smacked occasionally but not often. They were fairly strict by today's standards and I appreciate that. They gave me a lot of freedom but if they told me to do something I was expected to do it and if I did wrong I'd likely get some form of punishment for it (rarely physical though).
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Bigshorts wrote: »
    I had a wooden blackboard chalk 'eraser' cobbed at my head once! :eek:

My Mathematics Master, Mr 'Hardrock' Martin, was a marksman with those things. He could turn, throw it and hit you from a good 30' away. It was scary.
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mums favourite was to throw a slipper at me, she wasn't a good aim thankfully. She'd actually say 'come here till I hit you' lol.

Myu dad belted me a few times.

The most thrashings i got were from teachers, standing in front of the class.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LilyAnna80 wrote: »
    Did you give him a good hiding when you got older?

Yes when I was 14 I got the better of him, He never raised another hand to me and it was a long time before he tried it on my mum again (she by then had the confidence to hit him back with a large wok :D)
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mum, yes. Dad, never.

Teachers did too.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My dad use to thrash me from time to time, he WAS a major pr*ck back then. I get on with him now though but you never forget!
  • kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and it was always either a slap around the face (once in a supermarket, where she was confronted by someone who told her she doesn't deserve kids) or a clip round the head
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    My mums favourite was to throw a slipper at me, she wasn't a good aim thankfully. She'd actually say 'come here till I hit you' lol.

I used think my mum saying that was crazy. I was like - nah you stay there and I'll stay here thank you very much.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and although it was deserved and did me no harm it's not something I like to see these days , the idea of my little gand niece being smacked makes me want to hit who ever touched her. We now use other less violent methods which work better IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Mum yes, Dad no,

My grandparents hit me a lot more though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    Yes when I was 14 I got the better of him, He never raised another hand to me and it was a long time before he tried it on my mum again (she by then had the confidence to hit him back with a large wok :D)

Aw thats good to hear. I bet he got the shock of his life at getting wok'd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LilyAnna80 wrote: »
    Aw thats good to hear. I bet he got the shock of his life at getting wok'd.
    My mum thought she'd killed him as he was out cold for ten minutes and she came back in and he was gone, He packed all his clothes and left that day, So I'd say so :p

He isn't so bad these days a totally different person, He's even quit the drink but his problems ruined large chunks of other peoples lives.
  • MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, sort of, and I am a screw up but might just be coincidence :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,012
    Forum Member
    Caldari wrote: »
    My Mathematics Master, Mr 'Hardrock' Martin, was a marksman with those things. He could turn, throw it and hit you from a good 30' away. It was scary.

Ours was Mr. Walley. Rumour was he had a metal plate in his head! :eek:
    One day he missed his aim at someone. The duster smashed through the window and ended up in the playground! :D