Options

Corrie, what on earth have they done to 'Just Nicks Bistro,?

David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry if this has already been said but the Revamped bistro looks like.....
Well I'm nut sure what it looks like!:confused:

Comments

• Options
    immusicimmusic Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's shockingly bad! The worst makeunder in the history of interior decorating.
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its terrible and it hasnt gone down well on the corrie facebook page either amongst the rest of the critism of the show
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    It looks like it belongs in ED it's got the rustic more countryside look
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an overreaction! It looks fine to me - a hell of a lot better than that dark, manky burgundy look.
  • Options
    HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what style they were going for, but it put me in mind of a Ghost Train ride. Leanne in black pleather set the look off to a tee. Just needs Yosemite Pete to come roaring out of the kitchen.
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disused Tube Station chic, is the style they've gone for. :D

Looks like it needs a good clean and a lick of paint to me!
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    David1964 wrote: »

I said the same in the SOR thread it looks a right mess as though someone has trashed the place, so dark and gloomy.
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it looks fine :) Like a steak house or something. GURT LUSH.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    David1964 wrote: »

Some messed up EMO nightmare!

It is horrible. There was nothing wrong with the last look.
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always found its location strange. Would a fancy wine bar like that work on a little back street?
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    HarkAtHer wrote: »
    Not sure what style they were going for, but it put me in mind of a Ghost Train ride. Leanne in black pleather set the look off to a tee. Just needs Yosemite Pete to come roaring out of the kitchen.

Very good analogy. But i usually like Ghost Trains....
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always found its location strange. Would a fancy wine bar like that work on a little back street?

No bussiness on Corrie would.. Maybe the corner shop
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks awful!
  • Options
    red_amberred_amber Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not one to say anything bad about corrie, but what a pointless storyline.
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    I like it!
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen the 'new look' interior so I can't comment on that but I can say that the continued presence of the bistro is one of my biggest gripes with Corrie.

How the hell are we supposed to believe that a more upmarket eating and drinking establishment thrives at the bottom of a scruffy back street street? Yes, yes, yes I am sure that there are plenty of places that make a decent trade in these kind of locations but it's just not right for Coronation Street. I always thought that the Joinery (as it was) was simply a plot device to make the tram crash happen. Sadly, it was rebuilt brick by brick and has thrived ever since.

The whole set just grates on me. Every single element of it. Right down to things like the doors from the bistro opening out directly onto a cobbled street that's still open to traffic... busy traffic at that. Remember when Mad Maya was crushed by the brewery lorry hurtling down Viaduct Street? Now we have the ladies of Coronation Street tottering about out front as if a car never passes. It is the lack of attention to details like this that makes Corrie so frustrating to watch.

I have posted many ideas for better locations for the bistro, either on a completely separate part of the outdoor set that could function as the 'precinct' or by having opened up the part of Victoria Street that runs behind the posh houses as a pedestrianised area, with spaces for businesses being housed in the Nuttall's Brewery building (in real life the former MOSI building which is now a facade on the new backlot). There were so many other options that Corrie could have explored for the bistro but they were for the most ridiculous and unbelievable one.

Grrrrrrrrr!
  • Options
    malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's absolutely dreadful. It was all Leanne's idea. Why doesn't that surprise me?! It reminds me of the current Big Brother House. What was once a perfectly nice restaurant has been ruined.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I thought the same...I think they were going for some sort of "shabby chic" look and just ended up with shabby. Horrible.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    I couldn't believe how awful it looked, it looked so much better before, they were saying before the revamp that Leanne had an eye for that sort of thing had good taste for decor, if that is good taste god help the people of Coronation Street who have bad taste.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    It's in no way an improvement. Looks bad!
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's utterly horrific!!!!! Who the Hell thought that monstrosity would look good on screen???!!!
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like they've been scavaging and haven't done anything with what they've found!

Get the paint brush out and finish it properly - lazy gits! :D
  • Options
    Soapster1Soapster1 Posts: 1,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it could be a pseudo Mexican joint now. Serving re-heated tortillas filled with re-fried-re-fried and re-heated beans and Leanne walking around with one of those cross body belts of shot glasses serving tequilas...
    The toilets should be marked Senors and Senoritas, and the floor slightly tacky from spilled cocktails. Well they were looking to steal some of the Kebab shop clientele.
    It's not fine dining John...
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leanne designed it. Leanne knows best.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it.
    reminds me of my local nandos.