Why do chav kids always hang around outside shops?

SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
Forum Member
✭✭
Ive just been to my local shop and there was a huge gang of kids, girls and boys stood outside. All wearing tracksuits, baseball caps, chuky gold jewllery and listening to crap rave music on their mobiles :rolleyes:

Its pretty intimidating for starters and Im not easily scared either. They were asking people passing to buy them cigarettes and naturally they were refusing and receiving a mouthful of abuse for their troubles. Have they got nothing better to do? Why is it you never see Emo kids or trendy kids stood outside shops or on street corners? It is always the chavs!

Comments

• SteUKSteUK Posts: 5,834
    Forum Member
    I think all shops should do what some have done and start playing classical music/cliff richard outside. That soon drives them away.

p.s. i am not saying that as an insult to classical music or cliff richard.
  • OlgaChristieOlgaChristie Posts: 15,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cliff Richard`s greatest hits on constant repeat at full volume should soon clear the little blighters off:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im a teenager and am intimidated by them outside shops... they always give you looks!!
  • maseymaymaseymay Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    because theyre fukcing scum and all of them should be shot to death
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive had things thrown at me by them before now. They also run around at night knocking on people's front doors and running away. They also let off fireworks in broad daylight!

Chav's are everything that is wrong with British society today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    They do it for exactly the reasons you said. To try and swipe some **** or booze.

It's annoying and luckily, it doesn't happen often, sometimes not at all for ages where I live. When it does happen, it's usually 3 12 year old lads that speak through their nose and start with ''arrr yeah'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    They have no where else to go and want to hang around for booze and ****? Tragic isn't it.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to annoy people! :mad:
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The shops near where I work there are actually people in there late teens and twenties hanging about drinking. Not just the school kids, there has to be 20 or more at times.

It is awful, go to a pub (over 18's of course) someones house or something just get off the streets. The Police should do something :eek::mad::rolleyes::confused::(:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    im a teenager and am intimidated by them outside shops... they always give you looks!!

I know- that and the fact that several of them make a habit of shouting insults to random people.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cliff Richard`s greatest hits on constant repeat at full volume should soon clear the little blighters off:D:D

Good lord, that would wipe them out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're waiting to ask someone to go in and buy them fireworks/cigarettes/alcohol donchaknow?

Also, most "emo kids" are actually nice people who don't go around terrorising the public. They just torment their own minds.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe because every time a local council proposes the idea of building something in the community for young people everyone is up and arms and complaining that the money isn't being spent on something worthwile, like old people.
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a "chav" phenomenon, it's a youth one. It was exactly the same when I was a kid - groups of kids hanging around outside the shop.

I never got why they did it, but I always knew they were the ones most likely to have a fight...
    AaronG wrote: »
    Maybe because every time a local council proposes the idea of building something in the community for young people everyone is up and arms and complaining that the money isn't being spent on something worthwile, like old people.
    Indeed, our council got rid of the BMX track and replaced it with... a picnic area. Yeah, so youth-orientated.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maseymay wrote: »
    because theyre fukcing scum and all of them should be shot to death
    It's nice to know that the "let's shoot kids" society is alive and well.

And I'm trying to figure out why hanging round a shop and being annoyed at people for not buying them cigarettes makes them "scum".
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps if taxpayers money was spent on community funding, instead of wars, then maybe we may get somewhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark™ wrote: »
    It's nice to know that the "let's shoot kids" society is alive and well.

And I'm trying to figure out why hanging round a shop and being annoyed at people for not buying them cigarettes makes them "scum".

Nah, it doesn't. It makes them wee fannies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redcoat wrote: »
    Some shops solve the problem by having a "mosquito", basically its a high-pitched tone that can be heard by children and teenagers but by few adults. Its gets so annoying that the kids move on. Problem solved.
    Yup, I fully support (and have previously forwarded as a solution) the Mosquito device. Unfortunately in one council area they deemed it "against the human rights of the youth" and banned it from council property.
    That doesn't stop them replacing it with Mozart, of course...
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive just been to my local shop and there was a huge gang of kids, girls and boys stood outside. All wearing tracksuits, baseball caps, chuky gold jewllery and listening to crap rave music on their mobiles :rolleyes:

Its pretty intimidating for starters and Im not easily scared either. They were asking people passing to buy them cigarettes and naturally they were refusing and receiving a mouthful of abuse for their troubles. Have they got nothing better to do? Why is it you never see Emo kids or trendy kids stood outside shops or on street corners? It is always the chavs!

Unfortunately, corner shops on estates have also attracted the mindless chav element.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Unfortunately, corner shops on estates have also attracted the mindless chav element.
    No they haven't.

They have attracted youths who want people to buy cigarettes and alcohol for them. Which kind of makes sense really, because if you're after "booze and ****" you'd hardly hang around outside a branch of Waterstones.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark™ wrote: »
    No they haven't.

They have attracted youths who want people to buy cigarettes and alcohol for them. Which kind of makes sense really, because if you're after "booze and ****" you'd hardly hang around outside a branch of Waterstones.

Well as long as I have been alive they have, and although they sometimes ask people to buy **** for them, usually they just hang around in rather intimidating looking groups.

and I am considerably older than you, Mark.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as long as I have been alive they have, and although they sometimes ask people to buy **** for them, usually they just hang around in rather intimidating looking groups.
    Right...and that's what I've just said.

Isn't it?
    and I am considerably older than you, Mark.
    Really? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    usually they just hang around in rather intimidating looking groups.

They look intimidating? Is that merely our own paranoia about youth?
    While such groups of kids caused me no-end of trouble when I was a kid, they don't anymore. I say "thanks" if one steps aside. I don't barge, I don't avoid, I don't discriminate.
    I'm even one of those people that wears clothes one could easily mock as they're a bit unusual (an Australian bush-hat and a black leather trenchcoat - it's made some people think I look like a cowboy... despite it not looking like a cowboy...). From that perspective I'd make a fairly easy target for mocking... yet it never happens with kids.

The only negative responses I get from the way I look tend to be from people in my own agegroup!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    on my estate, we have 2 shops across the road from each other.

1 has now closed down
    and the other has been sold to a new owner
  • johnny utahjohnny utah Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WokStation wrote: »
    They look intimidating? Is that merely our own paranoia about youth?
    While such groups of kids caused me no-end of trouble when I was a kid, they don't anymore. I say "thanks" if one steps aside. I don't barge, I don't avoid, I don't discriminate.
    I'm even one of those people that wears clothes one could easily mock as they're a bit unusual (an Australian bush-hat and a black leather trenchcoat - it's made some people think I look like a cowboy... despite it not looking like a cowboy...). From that perspective I'd make a fairly easy target for mocking... yet it never happens with kids.

The only negative responses I get from the way I look tend to be from people in my own agegroup!

Does the hat have corks dangling from it?
This discussion has been closed.