Options

(teenage) Who remembers SVH?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    SuperSpurs wrote: »
    Do you remember how every book they used to describe the twins and how pretty/perfect they were? Blonde, blue eyed and size 6.

Talk about setting us up for body image problems in future :p

(I used to love them, and BSC of course. I think Kristy and Stacey were my favourites).

Yeah, and how youthful their mother was. God, I hated that good looking family:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    omg i loved SVH!!! I had such a book crush on todd wilkins! it just made me laugh how many times they were nearly killed! both in SVH and also SVU!

I also loved the babysitters club i loved claudia!
  • Options
    LainiomonkioLainiomonkio Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ames2uk wrote: »
    omg i loved SVH!!! I had such a book crush on todd wilkins! it just made me laugh how many times they were nearly killed! both in SVH and also SVU!

Oh no, Todd made me want to be ill...

It used to make me laugh at how Elizabeth was meant to be such a goody two shoes yet she cheats on nearly all of her boyfriends at some point (usually in the special editions or Elizabeth's diary books) and snogs the boys Jessica is going out with at the time.
  • Options
    LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies for epic thread bumpage, but a new book is being launched in March, where the twins are now 27.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And there's a film in the works, too.
  • Options
    LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm far too excited about the film :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, and how youthful their mother was. God, I hated that good looking family:D

And don't forget how their brother Steven was really good looking and at University and a younger version of their father (Ned?)

Despite that, I loved SVH with a passion and think I got up to about 100 books of them all (including the summer holiday/spring break/extra books they brought out).

I would love to read them all again (they are still at my parents) but am afraid to as they might seem really twee and awful now.

I don't remember the Babysitter club books (may have been after my time) but I was also a big fan of the Sweet Dreams teen romance books and had quite a few of those. Did anybody else? My favourites were "P S I Love You" (not to be confused with the film they made with the same name a couple of years ago), "The Summer Jenny Fell In Love" and "10 Boy Summer" (which wasn't as risque as it sounds!)

Pretty sure I should still have those as well...hmmm...maybe I will have to pay a visit to my parents soon and see if I can dig them out... :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Ames2uk wrote: »

Claudia was my favourite too! She seemed so cool having her own phone in her room:eek:haha.

I read a few SVH but never liked them as much as BSC which I was slightly obsessed with:o They seemed so grown up but were only 13:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I progressed from the SVH books to Judy Blume. Forever was like illegal contraband in our school passing illicitly from person to person.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Mary Ann and Dawn and Claudia best.
  • Options
    tv_lover_06tv_lover_06 Posts: 6,278
    Forum Member
    i loved dawn and stacey and the ones where stacey and maryann went on hols with the pikes

dawn though, i just loved the fact she had two piercings in each ear and she is part of the reason at the age of 13 i decided i should do the same :o