Options

Is EE Tamwar the worst soap actor ever

karlos1236karlos1236 Posts: 203
Forum Member
I think his whole performance is just a joke. He's got no energy, he shows no emotion and doesn't even look like he wants to be there. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Comments

• Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid I agree, he's so emotionless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid I agree, he's so emotionless.

Whenever I see him on screen. I just want to give him a good slap. He's so arrogant and smug
  • Options
    Milton JonesMilton Jones Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess you dont like him because he isnt an attractive female teenager who you can drool over :rolleyes:
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, he's not. Tamwar is a character, not an actor. :p

And he's one of my favourites. Love him, and find him heaps more watchable than half the characters on the square.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    It's not really fair to criticise his performance when he is doing precisely what the script asks of him. If he showed energy and emotion he would be an entirely different character.
  • Options
    blue_angelblue_angel Posts: 3,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    karlos1236 wrote: »
    I think his whole performance is just a joke. He's got no energy, he shows no emotion and doesn't even look like he wants to be there. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Are you trying to critisise the actor or the character?

That's what the character is supposed to be like; keeping his emotions quite reserved. That's the way it's written. I have no idea what the actor who plays him is like in his own personality, but he's playing the role that's written and doing it well.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no
    i like tamwar
    yes he was a bit boring an annoying with afia before she left him
    but now she gone, i think we will see the old tamwar
    loved how kim called him the stripper and was dancing with him
  • Options
    computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His parents are just so controlling of him, especially his mum. He should just move out and get away from them for a while.
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    There is a difference between being a bad actor and acting an awkward and uncomfortable character; which is what Tamwar is. He is supposed to be a socially-awkward, very dry person. I actually find him more believable than most characters on the show. I know far more awkward and shy young people like Tamwar than super-confident, gobby types which the majority of other characters are.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    No... Dev is
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamwar's a great character. He can be a bit of a wet blanket, but that's just the way he is (c.f. Leonard, The Big Bang Theory. They're similar)
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes Yes Yes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No... Dev is

^this:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    ^this:D:D:D

I know dev is usually stupid and ott but he can put on a good performance when necessary. The actor who plays tamwar is just shocking
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know dev is usually stupid and ott but he can put on a good performance when necessary. The actor who plays tamwar is just shocking

personally when dev acts or cries its like his constipated
    tamwar a way better actor than him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    personally when dev acts or cries its like his constipated
    tamwar a way better actor than him

Are we watching the same 2 actors?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we watching the same 2 actors?

yes
    that what i think
    obviously you think differently:)
  • Options
    anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know his character is supposed to be like that(emotionless,dry) as others said most of the time. But still i can see he is not a very good actor. He can't be always emotionless. Or he can show in his own way,he never convinces me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anirose26 wrote: »
    I know his character is supposed to be like that(emotionless,dry) as others said most of the time. But still i can see he is not a very good actor. He can't be always emotionless. Or he can show in his own way,he never convinces me.

Exactly. And he always uses the same time of voice no matter what the situation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I think the difference is that the actor plays the part out well but the character of Tamwar isn't that well scripted.
    Personally, I find Tamwar quite a good character because there is no one else like him but everyone is entitled to their opinion
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the difference is that the actor plays the part out well but the character of Tamwar isn't that well scripted.
    Personally, I find Tamwar quite a good character because there is no one else like him but everyone is entitled to their opinion
    So when the actor first joined the soap, did the producers say, right we want u to play a boring smug person who shows no emotion and is just annoyingly sarcastic in every scene he's in?
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally wouldn't single him out for being particularly bad. He clearly isn't one of the star actors, but I think he's fine in the part he plays.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think sometimes the actor doesn't give us enough. I know Tamwar personality, at the moment, is suppose to be guarded after everything but it's like freaking riddle trying to work out how he is feeling at times. I don't think the actor is bad at all, I have always liked Tamwar but for the moment I haven't overly enjoyed the performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So when the actor first joined the soap, did the producers say, right we want u to play a boring smug person who shows no emotion and is just annoyingly sarcastic in every scene he's in?

How can we be sure they didn't say that? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    How can we be sure they didn't say that? :D
    Well why would they think that a character like that would be interesting to anybody?