A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Evening HM!
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how's you CNBC :)?
    Forum Member
    In a good mood 'cause I'm back in college now :D I'm procrastinating in the library at the moment :p
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Evening.

I'm listening to x+y's radio show at the moment. :) How are you all?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tut tut CNBc better get that head down :p

And awe that's cool Mimi two future Dj's in a midst :)
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »

And awe that's cool Mimi two future Dj's in a midst :)

Trying to pick up some tips! :D
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »

I should :p I've got a lecture at 8 so now I'm just having food. I did find more evidence that our Hudson heroes might really be in love with each other ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha well if you found nothing else in the Library, You found some scandal :D.
    Forum Member
    Indeed :p It was an old interview from 2009 I found. I noticed Doreen was telling her side of the story and she mentioned Sheila's name and I think she put her hand on Sheila's leg ;-) Wonder what happened afterwards? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha I dread tot hink lets just say more than a hug :D
    Forum Member
    I bet they went back to whatever hotel they were staying at and ravished each other until neither of them could move :D Must've been a fun night ;-)
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Helping a guy running XP through Parallels on his Mac and I don't think he has ever updated XP. Why do people do this?
    Forum Member
    >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Helping a guy running XP through Parallels on his Mac and I don't think he has ever updated XP. Why do people do this?

The question is, why is he running XP through Parallels on his Mac? Couldn't he use Windows 7 with XP mode? People who don't update are a few gigabytes short of a hard drive. They do it because they're lazy and know sweet f all about computers. Then they complain when they get hacked or get a virus or other nasty. Windows updates exist for a reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The question is, why is he running XP through Parallels on his Mac? Couldn't he use Windows 7 with XP mode? People who don't update are a few gigabytes short of a hard drive. They do it because they're lazy and know sweet f all about computers. Then they complain when they get hacked or get a virus or other nasty. Windows updates exist for a reason.

This guy must be a pure Mac guy as he didn't know how to do the simplest thing in Windows. His Mac was upto-date though.
    Forum Member
    This guy must be a pure Mac guy as he didn't know how to do the simplest thing in Windows. His Mac was upto-date though.

Definitely a Mac fanboy then :D What is it about Mac users who buy Macs because they don't like or don't know how to use Windows and then end up running Windows on their Macs anyway? It's one thing that's baffling me at the moment :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely a Mac fanboy then :D What is it about Mac users who buy Macs because they don't like or don't know how to use Windows and then end up running Windows on their Macs anyway? It's one thing that's baffling me at the moment :confused:

Trendoids probably. They buy Macs because they look nice and then can't understand why Windows applications won't work and end up shelling out for a Windows license.
    Forum Member
    Trendoids probably. They buy Macs because they look nice and then can't understand why Windows applications won't work and end up shelling out for a Windows license.

I'd say so. I've also heard of people who buy Macs, wipe the Mac OS off it and install Windows. What's the point in doing that? That's total lunacy. Why spend all that money on a Mac just to slap Windows on it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say so. I've also heard of people who buy Macs, wipe the Mac OS off it and install Windows. What's the point in doing that? That's total lunacy. Why spend all that money on a Mac just to slap Windows on it?

More money than sense
    Forum Member
    More money than sense

That and they're too lazy to learn the Mac system. I can understand running Windows on a Mac for a specific purpose (eg games or business programs) like I do, but I don't understand buying a Mac and using Windows as your main OS. People who do that are absolute tools IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone should use Linux :p
    Forum Member
    Everyone should use Linux :p

Haha maybe :p I'd use Linux if it wasn't for the fact that a lot of the software I use isn't compatible. Plus it's no good for gamers. I'm happy with Mac OSX and the occasional dip into the Dark Side to play my favourite games :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to have a Windows partition only for Football Manager but now that it is available on Linux I have been able to get rid of that :p

I think my laptop hard drive may be on the way out, though, as the file system will randomly and without warning become read only :(
    Forum Member
    Morning.

Gotta go into town in a bit. Not really looking forward to it. I'm meeting up with a friend for dinner later though so I have that to look forward to.

Hope you're all well
    Forum Member
    Morning! Off to college in a little while.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey All :)