Options

Weight down, fat up, i'm confused.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been eating healthier trying to lose weight and tone up since June, i also swim twice a week for an hour and go to the gym the same, i weighed myself at the end of July and i was 10st 4lb, my body fat % was 29.4, i weighed myself again this morning and i was 10st exactly but my body fat % has gone up to 31.4, is there a logical explanation for this or am i doing something really wrong. Many thanks.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you measure your body fat?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    It depends on how you measured it, but a percentage is relative to the overall body, so you may have lost weight and became smaller by losing water and muscle mass, making the percentage of fat higher in relation to these, but still less fat from when you first started... if that made any sense whatsoever!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    How do you measure your body fat?

On the scales in Boots :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on how you measured it, but a percentage is relative to the overall body, so you may have lost weight and became smaller by losing water and muscle mass, making the percentage of fat higher in relation to these, but still less fat from when you first started... if that made any sense whatsoever!

Thank you, it did make sense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the scales in Boots :D

Notoriously inaccurate so don't worry.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got some scales that supposedly monitor body fat through the soles of your feet. One day I hopped on and my body fat reading was 45%:eek:
    After running round like a headless chicken, I googled reasons why my body should have suddenly developed such a high percentage of fat, and found out that body lotion can affect the reading. So I washed the Avon peppermint foot oil off my tootsies and my body fat reading returned to normal. Thank God.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Notoriously inaccurate so don't worry.

I'm so pleased, thanks, i'm not obsessed with my weight, infact i'm really chuffed with the results so far,and i intend to carry on as before, it just didn't seem to tally up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got some scales that supposedly monitor body fat through the soles of your feet. One day I hopped on and my body fat reading was 45%:eek:
    After running round like a headless chicken, I googled reasons why my body should have suddenly developed such a high percentage of fat, and found out that body lotion can affect the reading. So I washed the Avon peppermint foot oil off my tootsies and my body fat reading returned to normal. Thank God.

Ah, i did put hand cream on before i left the house. :)
  • Options
    mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hahahaha I am so sorry but that is hilarious :o:D