If the public keeps voting you out

Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
Forum Member
shouldn't the judges take that into consideration?

It seems mad to keep saving Katie from being kicked out. The voting public are the ones that will hopefully be buying the single and album the winner will bring out. What's the point in keeping in someone who the public has already said they don't like?

(and I don't trust that the judges don't know who got less votes than the other. Deadlock is a get-out-of-jail free card for the judges and should not still be allowed this far into the game)

Comments

• lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    You'd think they'd want to keep in the people that more people vote for because it equals more revenue... very odd way Simon does business.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    That was last year X factor...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    But it was the public that saved Katie tonight.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The public don't vote anyone out - they vote to keep their favourites in. Only the judges actually vote directly to send someone off the show.Tonight they didn't do it, they left it up to the public tally and Aiden was the least popular. He came last, so his leaving wasn't unfair, it was what the public apparently wanted.

It's foolish to believe the tabloid hype that Katie's been getting only a tiny vote compared to everyone else - last week she had only one third of TreyC's votes according to the Daily Mail - but that's almost certainly not true because either Aiden's vote would have to have totally collapsed this week or Katie must have trebled her vote - yet she didn't sing well and she chose a bad song, so that seems very unlikely.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Again, I don't believe the judges don't know what the results of the votes are. That she had less votes than Aiden does not make her a brilliant singer. It just made her in the public's view the second worst singer. That's not something to be happy about.

What annoys the hell out of me is that the judges refuse to do their jobs and judge. They know an even vote will go to 'deadlock', so they don't have to decide. If someone has been bottom two for a number of weeks now, there should be no question as to who has to go.

Don't get me wrong, I think Aiden has a whiny Robert Smith/Morrissey type of voice that makes my teeth ache, but Katie is NOT a great singer and will not do well after this show is over.
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who was voting who out? I was voting for who I wanted to stay and I'm sure most people were.

It was taken into consideration IMO. Just like with Rachel Adedeji, they sent it to deadlock to let the public decide. It just so happened that Katie had more votes. Rightfully so, as Aiden has been pretty terrible for weeks now.

Based on the save me performances, Aiden should've been voted out based on judges votes. It's lucky Louis decided to give him a better chance and sent it to deadlock.
    Forum Member
    duncann wrote: »
    The public don't vote anyone out - they vote to keep their favourites in. Only the judges actually vote directly to send someone off the show.Tonight they didn't do it, they left it up to the public tally and Aiden was the least popular. He came last, so his leaving wasn't unfair, it was what the public apparently wanted.

It's foolish to believe the tabloid hype that Katie's been getting only a tiny vote compared to everyone else - last week she had only one third of TreyC's votes according to the Daily Mail - but that's almost certainly not true because either Aiden's vote would have to have totally collapsed this week or Katie must have trebled her vote - yet she didn't sing well and she chose a bad song, so that seems very unlikely.

I don't read the tabloids. I go by what I saw tonight, and Katie was -again- awful. Take away the 'quirky' outfits and the big eyelashes and she disappears. She does not have a strong voice and no selfesteem.

And OK, so the public voted to keep in. Clearly they were not that desperate to keep Katie in then. Isn't that the same thing? If this was the first time, sure, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. But this wasn't the first time.

Why do the judges leave it to go to deadlock when they can vote someone OUT who the public does not want to pay their good money for to keep IN?
  • CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    Katie outsang Aidan, tonight and each week in many peoples opinion, he sand totally bad last night and therefore deserved to go. it is NOT a charitable event, you do the business when you have to or your out.
    Forum Member
    Deadlock is a cheap way out for the judges. They should do what they are paid to do: kick someone out. Decide. The public already decided that these two were the worst of the night, then it should be up to them. Refusing to vote or going to deadlock should not be an option.
    Forum Member
    CloudyE wrote: »
    Katie outsang Aidan, tonight and each week in many peoples opinion, he sand totally bad last night and therefore deserved to go. it is NOT a charitable event, you do the business when you have to or your out.

I agree she was (albeit only very slightly) better than Aiden, but my point is that this was not the first time she was in this position. Why do the judges not listen to the public who again put Katie in the bottom two position?
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    Deadlock is a cheap way out for the judges. They should do what they are paid to do: kick someone out. Decide. The public already decided that these two were the worst of the night, then it should be up to them. Refusing to vote or going to deadlock should not be an option.

The only way that can be solved really is to change the number of judges. As long as we have an even number of judges, deadlock is going to be an option and part of the process.
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just so sick of her overacting when she faces the judges . Its pathetic. She should be on an acting show instead.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not Big Brother.

The Public do not vote anyone out:)
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose*~* wrote: »

do we know if she was actually bottom last week. Cos its getting more questionable by the week.
  • Juliet_G_Juliet_G_ Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    LFC1892 wrote: »
    But it was the public that saved Katie tonight.

No, same as with BB, important to remember there's a world of difference between vote to save & vote to get rid.

It's just a sad fact that Aiden was a victim of a couple of common problems with these kind of shows:-

He was, on forums, on 'watercooler' chat, really popular, so many may have thought he was safe & used their vote to save someone also likeable but more vulnerable (like Paije).

Aiden really appealed to people who don't vote!

That said, I confess I will not let tonight's debacle encourage me to vote - that's exactly what Cowell wants!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The annoying thing is she could survive again next week if up against the likes of Paijie or Wagner!!!!!:mad:
    Forum Member
    027huds wrote: »
    The only way that can be solved really is to change the number of judges. As long as we have an even number of judges, deadlock is going to be an option and part of the process.

Exactly. They need to get rid of one of the judges, or get someone in who isn't a mentor. Mentors always back their pupils up, which is fine, but their votes might as well not count.
    Forum Member
    Juliet_G_ wrote: »
    No, same as with BB, important to remember there's a world of difference between vote to save & vote to get rid.

It's just a sad fact that Aiden was a victim of a couple of common problems with these kind of shows:-

He was, on forums, on 'watercooler' chat, really popular, so many may have thought he was safe & used their vote to save someone also likeable but more vulnerable (like Paije).

That said, I confess I will not let tonight's debacle encourage me to vote - that's exactly what Cowell wants!

I always feel they like 'vote to save' because those who want to get rid of someone will vote more times for other contestants. It makes them more money than a vote to get rid of someone.
    Forum Member
    Jennyloo wrote: »
    I just so sick of her overacting when she faces the judges . Its pathetic. She should be on an acting show instead.

It's not as if she's waiting to hear whether or not her head will be chopped off. Not that you'd know any different from watching her when facing the judges. At least this time she did not have a shaky hand when holding the mic.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juliet_G_ wrote: »

I tend to think that he didn't get the votes because he's isn't very popular:)