Coronation Street is unwatchable right now

SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
Forum Member
All because of one character: Tracy Barlow. She is played by a terrible actress in Kate Ford, and her storylines are awful. I feel embarrassed watching her.

Comments

• teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's THAT bad. But I'm generally indifferent towards TracyLuv.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's THAT bad. But I'm generally impartial towards TracyLuv.

The other bits are alright; it's just she's dominating screen time, and she doesn't deserve to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I'm inclined to agree with you op. I was really enjoying the aftermath of the crash and I can't stand watching it now. Such a shame the year ended like this.
  • zombie woofzombie woof Posts: 6,906
    Forum Member
    I can't take my eyes of Tracy, she is gorgeous.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She starts appearing a bit less as of next week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She starts appearing a bit less as of next week

Thank heavens!
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All because of one character: Tracy Barlow. She is played by a terrible actress in Kate Ford, and her storylines are awful. I feel embarrassed watching her.

i thought after Monday's episode that she couldnt get any worse, then she manages it! Terrrible actor who would be better off left in jail
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's just appearing this much to build up to tommorows episode
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble is, the shock value's worn off.

We're so used to her saying and doing outrageous things that Tracy's become a bit of a one-trick pony that doesn't have much impact anymore.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    This forum is like bloody groundhog day.

On-topic, I think she has improved a lot since her cringeworthy opening episodes, I really enjoyed her scenes tonight personally!
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    If I knew she was going to be killed off in a few days, I'd put up with her. Sadly, I believe she survives.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    The character itself is a great idea, but it's a shame Kate seems to think she's in a school play or something. She's hamming it up something awful.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    No it's not.

And I can tolerate Tracy. Not the best actress in the world but I think the reaction to her return on here has been a tad OTT...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    This forum is like bloody groundhog day.

On-topic, I think she has improved a lot since her cringeworthy opening episodes, I really enjoyed her scenes tonight personally!

I agree, it's enjoyable seeing the characters getting wound up :D
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    After seeing Mondays double I was more impressed than the awful Christmas Eve/Day episodes, so my Tracy "luv" hehe has risen.... Haven't seen todays yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if they hadnt of done the "2000 years" and "Mandela" lines, people would have taken to her better, those lines were so so bad
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm enjoying Tracy right now to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if they hadnt of done the "2000 years" and "Mandela" lines, people would have taken to her better, those lines were so so bad
    No, even besides those lines she's awful. It's not just how she delivers a line - it's the fact that she doesn't seem to have any motiviations for the things she does. Why was she mouthing off in the pub, igniting a row with a Clurr? What did she have to gain from mocking how Ashley died? It was all so odd and fell totally flat. Janine Butcher is so much better characterized and the comparison between them is kind of unavoidable.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That would have made no difference with me
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    She doesn't bother me to be honest
  • wisdomiskeywisdomiskey Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Corrie is actually very good but Tracy takes away from it and ruins every scene she is in. Not one of the scenes she has had since returning have been realistic. Not one.
  • zombie woofzombie woof Posts: 6,906
    Forum Member
    Coronation Street isn't on 'right now' unless your watching ITV player or a DVD or something else.
  • Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would have made no difference with me
    Nor me. Kate Ford's acting is woeful, the scripts are woeful and the storyline is woeful.

The whole thing is woeful and it seems so many agree. I think this is the first time almost the entire soaps forum is agreed on something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    No, even besides those lines she's awful. It's not just how she delivers a line - it's the fact that she doesn't seem to have any motiviations for the things she does. Why was she mouthing off in the pub, igniting a row with a Clurr? What did she have to gain from mocking how Ashley died? It was all so odd and fell totally flat. Janine Butcher is so much better characterized and the comparison between them is kind of unavoidable.

She's been locked up for three years, she even got beaten up while in there, she's lashing out

Yeah, it's her fault she's been in there, but that's not how she sees it, she's used to having her gaurd up constantly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it, i've been watching it regular since the tram crash