EE Emmas last day

Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
Forum Member
From the time Emma had been hit she managed to get half cut in Vic, go meet a suspect in the park cafe, go back to.max house , and get in car with max, wots up. Em, think what's that on
Head, oh think its blood OK last get you down to casualty , we were laughing so much at last scene

Comments

• llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't she meet the suspect and go to the vic before getting hit though? I only remember her going to the cafe afterwards
  • AdTheDJAdTheDJ Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    She was on her way back from meeting the suspect when she got hit
  • Dean_FranceDean_France Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    What a shame it was the last day.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes she met the "murderer" earlier in the day but even so it was a ludicrously stupid episode. She had just been run over and hit her head yet she didnt get medical attention. Also she was going to the police.............and then walked past a police car to go to the vic ! We were shouting at the screen at how bad it was.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she was in denial about how bad it was. She had trouble walking and yet she thought she was okay. It looked as if she'd been drinking heavily.
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think she was in denial about how bad it was. She had trouble walking and yet she thought she was okay. It looked as if she'd been drinking heavily.
    Yeah she just been given boot from.force then found out she knew who the killer was ,
    If I was in her shoes I need few drinks funding that out
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    It was very silly. As if someone like Pam wouldn't have insisted she went to hospital, nevermind her own partner. Ridiculous.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she didn't have much in the way of visible injuries though, no one other than the car occupants witnesses her being knocked over, so if she said she was fine and didn't want to go to hospital she didn't look so bad that anyone would assume they knew better and insist
  • llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't looking that great though tbh
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    It was very silly. As if someone like Pam wouldn't have insisted she went to hospital, nevermind her own partner. Ridiculous.

Everybody is hailing the episode as great but it was the most cliché driven downright ridiculous episode. Seems to be too much of it. Especially after the Phil being shot episode. Shame really that EE have to resort to HO levels of silliness. They can do drama so well but it seems that OTT is what draws the kids in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was pathetic scriptwriting. She had blood dripping from her head and Max took her to the pub for god's sake.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    She only actually hung around the Square after being hit, the meeting in the Park was before hand. Yes it seems odd that nobody insisted she go to Hospital but they didn't see how heavy the impact was on her. Understandably people were more concerned with the pressing issue of getting the havily pregnant, badly injured woman out of the car and to Hospital. Emma was insisting she was okay, people took it at face value.

She was clearly disorientated, hence appearing 'drunk' and dazed and wasn't thinking clearly enough to realise she was badly hurt. She was also probably in shock.

It is an almost textbook depiction of a head wound not being obviously and immediately apparent (the person gets up, is able to walk, talk etc) but is actually life threatening. My godmother was a senior nurse and i remember it being drummed into from childhood that you should always, always go to A+E to be checked over if you bang your head (or insist somebody else does if they have) even if you look and feel fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Everybody is hailing the episode as great but it was the most cliché driven downright ridiculous episode. Seems to be too much of it. Especially after the Phil being shot episode. Shame really that EE have to resort to HO levels of silliness. They can do drama so well but it seems that OTT is what draws the kids in.

I avoided the episode thread on purpose as I just knew the usual suspects would be fawning over episode which, instead of drama, had me and my wife laughing out loud at the screen. It was pathetic.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    It was pathetic scriptwriting. She had blood dripping from her head and Max took her to the pub for god's sake.

What? Max never took her to the vic, Emma was drinking in the vic way before she got hit by the car, they even said Emma refused medical help, and they never knew she got hit by the car.
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    What? Max never took her to the vic, Emma was drinking in the vic way before she got hit by the car, they even said Emma refused medical help, and they never knew she got hit by the car.

Exactly. Nobody saw the impact, the car actually crashed round the corner from her so many people won't have realised what had happened of course everybody was more concerned with the over turned and then on fire car with people trapped inside. Blly asked if she was okay, she said yes and he took it on face value. Pam and Les were immediately suspicious when they found her, again asked if she was okay and actually did the right thing by moving her into the warm and keeping a close eye on her given that she was insisting she wouldn't get checked out. Max then also immediately wanted to get her seen, commenting she didn't look good.

As for ignoring the police car as somenoe else said was a plot hole, she was disorientated but even if she wasn't. They were there for something other than Lucy's murder, what were they going to do? Stop dealing with the major accidnet to go and arrest someone on nothing but the say so of a clearly upset and perhaps delusional woman? Even if she is ex job.

There was nothing wrong with the plotting or scripting that i could see.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I would rather he just be in a coma until after the reveal :(
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    From the time Emma had been hit she managed to get half cut in Vic, go meet a suspect in the park cafe, go back to.max house , and get in car with max, wots up. Em, think what's that on
    Head, oh think its blood OK last get you down to casualty , we were laughing so much at last scene

Most of what you have posted happened before she got hit by the car!!
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    Most of what you have posted happened before she got hit by the car!!

I sometimes wonder if some people on here actually watch EE.
  • bluejumperbluejumper Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    She only actually hung around the Square after being hit, the meeting in the Park was before hand. Yes it seems odd that nobody insisted she go to Hospital but they didn't see how heavy the impact was on her. Understandably people were more concerned with the pressing issue of getting the havily pregnant, badly injured woman out of the car and to Hospital. Emma was insisting she was okay, people took it at face value.

She was clearly disorientated, hence appearing 'drunk' and dazed and wasn't thinking clearly enough to realise she was badly hurt. She was also probably in shock.

It is an almost textbook depiction of a head wound not being obviously and immediately apparent (the person gets up, is able to walk, talk etc) but is actually life threatening. My godmother was a senior nurse and i remember it being drummed into from childhood that you should always, always go to A+E to be checked over if you bang your head (or insist somebody else does if they have) even if you look and feel fine.

This ^
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    I sometimes wonder if some people on here actually watch EE.

ditto! after deciphering the post into understandable English I did think the OP was laughing so hard they forgot to actually watch the show!
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

There is no excuse really. You get run over, you seek medical help. Even if she was in a daze, everybody's reactions around her were ridiculous. Silly plot device.
    Forum Member
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    There is no excuse really. You get run over, you seek medical help. Even if she was in a daze, everybody's reactions around her were ridiculous. Silly plot device.

But as already said, nobody saw her hit or how bad the impact was. For all they knew, the car hadd swerved to avoid her but not actually hit her and she'd just fallen slightly, grazing her head. Not everybody knows how serious even 'minor' head wounds or falls can be. Billy did immediately ask if she was okay, she said yes and was mobile. She was conscious and able to walk and talk. The people trapped in the car were the more pressing issue. Nobody immediately drove Charlie or Roxy to Hospital either did they and they also had 'walking wounded' injuries - indeed Charlie was unconscious in the car for a few seconds and both were dazed.

Nobody could force Emma to go the Hospital - even Paramedics at the scene can't force somebody to be examined. They will however be more aware of the danger of the 'quiet' victims - the ones that are saying they are okay and not making a fuss.

Pam, Les and then Max did the best they could be keeping a very close eye on her to monitor her condition and keep tyring to persuade her to get help. Unless of course you believe they were only doing it to stop her going to the Police but i think they were doing it because they were concerned.

Probably the best thing to have done was find a Paramedic to tell them there was somebody involved no longer at the scene that had a head 'graze' and didn't look well so they could have a look at her (even in the cafe) but again, Ronnie appeared to be the priority. And considering they had to emergency deliver the baby and she did flatline before Emma collapsed they were kind of right.