The Paradise Series Two 20th October 2013

StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Paradise Series Two

Returns 20th October 2013

BBC1 8pm

Repeat Saturday 26th October 02:30am on BBC2

Emun Elliott and Joanna Vanderham return in the period drama following the lives and loves of people running a Victorian department store.

It's one year since Moray jilted Katherine, for which he was banished and ended up working in Paris.

Denise was allowed to stay, while Lord Glendenning and his daughter disappeared from the city.

In the 12 months since, The Paradise has been put up for sale.
However, unforeseen circumstances bring Moray back and the lovers are reunited, although their elation is short-lived when Katherine also returns -
with her new husband.

Elaine Cassidy, Ben Daniels and Sarah Lancashire co-star.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01g810l

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Double drama on Sunday nights then. The Paradise at 8pm and Downton Abbey at 9pm.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Double drama on Sunday nights then. The Paradise at 8pm and Downton Abbey at 9pm.

Oh Yes, a nice glass of wine and Downton and The Paradise, cant wait!!!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if Series 1 is being repeated as i missed this show the first time around?
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if Series 1 is being repeated as i missed this show the first time around?

No sign of a repeat on TV, but it is available on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+paradise&oq=The+Paradis&gs_l=youtube.1.2.35i39l2j0l8.1791.7182.0.12991.13.12.1.0.0.0.181.1874.0j12.12.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.qPEMgYVziIw
  • andrewskatie143andrewskatie143 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    just in case, no one knows the official site has been updated with lots of new info- interviews, character biographies, new cast etc. Really fantastic. Series 2 apparently has a lot more 'meatier' storylines which is starting to show. I loved series 1 but it was very gentle, slow moving at times i.e. very much like larkrise to candleford. Series 2 is meant to very fast moving with a lot more substance especially with the new characters.
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if I'm going to like series two as I enjoyed series one but I really enjoyed the book it was based on. I see Ben Daniels is appearing in it they seem to get some of the actors from Larkrise to make appearances I would love to see Julia Sawahla coming into it.:)
  • cranford fancranford fan Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to this coming back, neatly slotted in between the Strictly results show and Downton, two of my other autumn weaknesses, to misquote the lovely Dorcas!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so excited! so looking forward to watching next week :D
    Forum Member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01jqfd7 Clip from the first episode. Looks good. Can't wait for Sunday.
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Oh, exciting! I loved the last series - hubby snoring, me watching TV in the dark as I prefer it - my little treat.:)
    Forum Member
    joanna vanderham (denise) has done an interview with the telegraph about the paradise but you have to subscribe-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10366265/Joanna-Vanderham-on-her-return-as-Denise-in-The-Paradise.html

Could anyone tell us whats in the interview (any spoilers) :)
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joanna vanderham (denise) has done an interview with the telegraph about the paradise but you have to subscribe-

I read it OK without a subscription.
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »

Me too, no subscription required.

If you keep getting a message, just google the heading, works for other subscriptions Magazines...

Joanna Vanderham on her return as Denise in The Paradise

The article is five page downs in length on my set-up.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »

Yes with the Telegraph you can read something like 20 articles per month for free.
    Forum Member
    Yes, sorry managed to read the article. Nothing new much just hinting that denise starts to become very ambitious- which might get in the way of her relationship with moray. Is it me or does series 2 not look better than series 1 (don't get me wrong, I did love series 1 its just that is was very slow moving at times). This series feel 'meatier' especially with the new characters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    At last a date for the new series!! I was growing tired of 'coming soon' on the trailers, looking forward to this! So the paradise and then Downton...period drama overload!

Wonder if there will be a paradise Christmas special as well as a Downton one?
    Forum Member
    2 days to go till the second series of the Paradise. Anyone else excited?
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am excited as well! I have just been watching Series 1 again (on You Tube) but did not quite start early enough as I have two episodes left. I am amazed at how much of the story I had forgotten (old age I suppose).

I have been trying to stay away from all the spoilers, so that whatever happens in the new series will be a surprise.l
  • MillyCMillyC Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very, very, very excited :)
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So its Strictly results....Paradise.... Downton... is that right....

What about x-factor results !!!! AHHHHHH !!!

Have it ! Watch x-factor, record Paradise....

make Monday night a Paradise/Doc Martin double bill !!

Phew..life is good again.
    Forum Member
    can't believe after all this waiting, its finally coming tommorow at 8pm. I have read so spoilers and new info and I can confidently say that series 2 seems better than series 1. A lot of really interesting storylines and the battle for control of the paradise is going to brilliant.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    So its Strictly results....Paradise.... Downton... is that right....
    What about x-factor results !!!! AHHHHHH !!!
    Have it ! Watch x-factor, record Paradise....
    make Monday night a Paradise/Doc Martin double bill !!
    Phew..life is good again.

You don't read the spoiler to the Strictly result on Saturday?

I have three programmes at 20:00h that I want to watch. Trying to work out whether the Time Team Special is a repeat and also the Dive WWII is shown as a repeat but I don't remember it. I have three PVRs so can record them all easily.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Paradise and then Homeland for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Can't wait, really looking forward to this! I have read quite a few articles about the new series and it sounds like there are some intriguing new story lines.

I noticed it is "pick of the week" in the TV supplements in a couple of newspapers today...