Options

Netflix genres - where are they?

SomnerSomner Posts: 9,412
Forum Member
I'm currently running Netflix US (through UnblockUS) on my PS3. I've noticed that recently the genres seem to have changed and some of the more basic genres, such as Horror, have disappeared entirely. Why is this? My Netflix now seems to be made up of multiple "Because you watched so & so", and a few others such as "Exciting Films", "Independent Dramas" etc.

Where on earth have the normal genres gone? Even if I use the search function and type "Horror", I'm only presented with twelve films..

Comments

• Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for some reason i cant connect to netflix on my ps3 its working fine on my roku box. Very strange, ive checked my internet connection settings and they work fine. Just tried it again and working now.
  • Options
    x6461x6461 Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    That seems to be the same Netflix UI that is used on the xbox 360.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    The genres seem to constantly change- check next week and you will probably find that the horror one will be back.

You could also add another profile as I have found that different genres will be listed in each of my profiles for the same region.
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mines done the same , I can't find the gay n lesbian genre.

I hate the "because you watched"
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have the genres been removed from some platforms? I have an Apple TV and still get categories like "foreign films" but on the Panasonic TV app it only seems to have scrollable pages without any genres. Have I missed something?
  • Options
    couchpotato2011couchpotato2011 Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have this issue on WDTV box, but using my tablet I have all the genres. Don't browse on the TV anymore, it's too hard to find what I want.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watching through my tivo box and most of my are 'beacuse you watched' i dont mind to much but it makes it harder to find the new stuff.
  • Options
    BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch via Smart TV on Samsung. It's bugging me not being able to have just normal genres. It's like they are trying to be too clever but sometimes you want to watch a comedy or a horror etc. Just because I watched a random title, doesn't instantly mean that I want to watch 'similar' movies (which often aren't similar in the slightest!)

I do wish they would use the same set up as the website where you can click at the top and go into genres and see the WHOLE selection. You find way more movies that way then the restricted 75 scroll on the TV apps
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Somner wrote: »
    Where on earth have the normal genres gone? Even if I use the search function and type "Horror", I'm only presented with twelve films..

Have a look at this link (scroll a bit down): https://gist.github.com/blech/7818890
    There is a list of all genres with their ID's. Put these behind this link: www.netflix.com/WiAltGenre?agid=HERE_THE_ID
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    And this is the link for horror films: http://www.netflix.com/WiGenre?agid=8711
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate 'because you watched ' it takes up loads and sometimes if I have parents over it brings up some embarrassing titles I don't want them knowing I watched :-/

Nympomania part 1 n 2 as an example