Eastenders Roxy

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have seen lots of posts on here saying what great characters they are, Ronnie i can just about stomach but Roxy just comes across as a right nasty bit of work,really unpleasant and spoilt, and far from being glamorous i personally find her dog rough and she always looks like she could do with a bloody good wash, please for the love of God someone tell me i'm not the only one who sees her like this.

Comments

• ekim316ekim316 Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think shes really great and very sexy
  • RyAn_?RyAn_? Posts: 6,283
    Forum Member
    Both are exceptionally funny sexy ladies.

Fantastic additions.

Plenty more of Roxy please!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like its just me then.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big fan of the sisters here - love them both.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the both of them.

I prefer Roxy myself she's a good laugh and lightens the program up a bit, I dont think she looks rough.

Did I mention the chemistry between her and Jase.
    Blimey...
  • tvhonourtvhonour Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen lots of posts on here saying what great characters they are, Ronnie i can just about stomach but Roxy just comes across as a right nasty bit of work,really unpleasant and spoilt, and far from being glamorous i personally find her dog rough and she always looks like she could do with a bloody good wash, please for the love of God someone tell me i'm not the only one who sees her like this.

Sure your not confussing Roxy with Keith? :D

I love Roxy, and Ronnie. Great characters, great actresses. Hopefully they'll be around for years to come :)
  • LaChatteGitaneLaChatteGitane Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the two girls. They're a great double act.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Sam Janus in Game On, but i just cant get used to these too in EE, i prefer Sam Janus to the other one, i just find their characters predictable and abit daft.

Just cause their mitchells doesnt mean they have to be Gobby confident, brassy mouths. All Families have mixtures of personalitys, these two stride in, and take over the whole square, its just too daft.
    Saying that i will probably warm to them sooner or later like you do to most characters :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,392
    Forum Member
    Of the two, I think Roxy is the weaker one. Rita isn't a particularly good actress, or at least, she hasn't proven herself to be a good actress with the material she's been given so far.

I also hate her weave. I wish she'd get rid of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umbongo wrote: »
    Of the two, I think Roxy is the weaker one. Rita isn't a particularly good actress, or at least, she hasn't proven herself to be a good actress with the material she's been given so far.

I also hate her weave. I wish she'd get rid of it.

Really? :eek: I think Rita is a great actress. She's definietly proved it, look at the huge fan base the Mitchell Sisters have now. I would even say she is a load better than Phil Daniels IMO and he's been acting since the stone age. (That's not to say i don't like him though lol)
    Forum Member
    ^ Clearly, many people think a lot of the Mitchell sisters and Rita and Samantha as actresses. For me, Samantha is far and away the stronger actress and she's playing the more interesting character. The bratty, almost bitchy act that Roxy has going on can only go so far before it becomes boring and redundant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have mixed feelings for the 2 of them. I sometimes like them and other times find them annoying. I think they have been shoved down the viewers throats a bit too much. They are in almost every episode since they first arrived.

And out of the 2, i prefer Ronnie. A much more interesting character and far less in your face like Roxy is. Samantha Janus who plays her is a good actress too.
  • LittleMissNuffyLittleMissNuffy Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    I love Roxy & think she can be really funny. Is it a weave? I thought it was just clip in extensions..
  • IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    Looks like its just me then.

No, not just you. I said to the wife a couple of weeks back that "Roxy always looks like she needs a good wash" and she agreed.

I laughed out loud when I saw you use the same expression.

Sam Janus is in a different class though. Her acting isn't too bad either, by EE standards anyway!
  • IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    Hera wrote: »
    I think they have been shoved down the viewers throats a bit too much. They are in almost every episode since they first arrived.

Eastenders frequently makes the same mistake for me. That is, bringing in new characters and throwing them straight into turmoil and heavy story lines before we've had a chance to connect or bond with them at all. I couldn't care less about her ring in whatever sense!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IWantPVR wrote: »
    Eastenders frequently makes the same mistake for me. That is, bringing in new characters and throwing them straight into turmoil and heavy story lines before we've had a chance to connect or bond with them at all. I couldn't care less about her ring in whatever sense!

What mistakes though? They just won a National Televison Award so they are doing something right. Diederik Santar has done a great job this year
  • welsh_revivalwelsh_revival Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IWantPVR wrote: »

How long do we need to bond? They've been here a good couple of months and havn't had any of their own big storylines yet, just a couple of episode arcs, nothing spanning loner than 3/4 episodes.

This is wat EE does best i hink, they bring in caracters from the beggining saying they have a history, slaters arrived with a history and a secret, same with the branning family, unlike any other soaps they are best at brining in new characters.
    Forum Member
    You don't introduce two hyped characters like the Mitchell sisters then give them nothing to do. It would just look stupid. I think they made the right decision with these characters. They've brought them in, focused on them, and now the writers are developing them. It's not as if they are getting all the screentime and no-one else is.
  • LittleMissNuffyLittleMissNuffy Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    umbongo wrote: »
    You don't introduce two hyped characters like the Mitchell sisters then give them nothing to do. It would just look stupid. I think they made the right decision with these characters. They've brought them in, focused on them, and now the writers are developing them. It's not as if they are getting all the screentime and no-one else is.

Exactly. Since they arrived the main focus has been Stax/The Beales.
  • ShannonluvsJoeShannonluvsJoe Posts: 2,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the sisters and don't think they've been shoved down our throats at all but as umbongo said we were obviously going to see a fair bit of them due to all the hype and the fact the producers want to establish them as a major focus.

I love how strong and fearless they both are. Like at the raid next week they're not scared at all. I bet the gang raiding the pub got a shock with those two. :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are both rubbish.

Sam Janus is no better than Rita though.

I don't understand why people say Ronnie is classy, when she is always making sure people see her cleavage. How is that classy?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I'm no great fan of Sam Janus but I can tolerate the Ronnie character.

Roxy is, definitely dog rough, not in the slightest bit "amusing" and yes, she always looks in need of a good wash.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love them both, though i prefer Ronnie. :)

They're feisty and funny, and could develop into good characters i think. :)
  • Merry HappyMerry Happy Posts: 8,228
    Forum Member
    I love the character of Ronnie. Roxy can grate but I like her most of the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i liek the both of them :)