Virgin Media bill has gone up.

2»

Comments

• Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    martine93 wrote: »
    It will not increase to 40mb this month. She lied to you.
    Or she has simply been misinformed, or has misunderstood.
  • Options
    ArtmuzzArtmuzz Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Or she has simply been misinformed, or has misunderstood.

I emailed them back so when they phone me tomorrow I will bring that matter up with them. She told me that for 18 quid a month I can get faster broadband than I what I have which was the 10mb package.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artmuzz wrote: »
    The woman who I was speaking to at Virgin Media said that my 20mb Broadband will be increasing to 40mb this month as part of the double increase speed that Virgin Media are doing when she gave me the deal when Virgin Media phoned me up.
    No such tier as 40Mb and unless you receive a Superhub you will stay at 20Mb.:cool:
  • Options
    ArtmuzzArtmuzz Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh well... all this speed increase is pointless anyway considering Virgin Media put caps on speeds from what I have been reading.
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artmuzz wrote: »
    Oh well... all this speed increase is pointless anyway considering Virgin Media put caps on speeds from what I have been reading.

Only if you are downloading lots via P2P and then the speed is throttled depending on the package you have.
  • Options
    liamhereliamhere Posts: 2,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only if you are downloading lots via P2P and then the speed is throttled depending on the package you have.

they throttle any P2P traffic..if you hit you limit or not!

my parants (OAPS) bill has gone up £5
    i will be cutting there tv back to S and getting rid of evenings and weekends as they pay skype now to make unlimited calls to any EEC country for £3.50 a month.
  • Options
    Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liamhere wrote: »
    they throttle any P2P traffic..if you hit you limit or not!

my parants (OAPS) bill has gone up £5
    i will be cutting there tv back to S and getting rid of evenings and weekends as they pay skype now to make unlimited calls to any EEC country for £3.50 a month.

What is TV S? The current minimum TV package is TV M+.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ernie_C wrote: »
    What is TV S? The current minimum TV package is TV M+.

they had S (free)....and went to L
  • Options
    BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    liamhere wrote: »
    they had S (free)....and went to L
    TV M was the free one which is no longer available
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looks like ill have to downgrade to M+. for them
  • Options
    Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A colleague at work noticed his VM bill shot up by £4.50 after he negotiated a loyalty discount in January.

Needless to say he is not going to hang around and will be switching to a different provider.
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    Why don't you all phone up Retentions and negotiate a better deal with more discounts applied to your account
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    A colleague at work noticed his VM bill shot up by £4.50 after he negotiated a loyalty discount in January.

Needless to say he is not going to hang around and will be switching to a different provider.

I also negotiated a deal in january and recieved a letter in Febuary about the rise in april,if its any consolation Sky if thats who is being considered usually have a rise around september especially as they froze certain prices last year a rise this year is almost inevitable ,so your colleague might jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Also think of it like this whatever discount your colleague negotiated is still being enjoyed without which the bill would still be much dearer.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Fowl Fax wrote: »

He may find if he queries it that it has just been removed for some unspecified reason possibly 'an audit where they removed anything not supported by the notes' sic - but he will still be under the 12 month contract that was imposed - :(
    - according to the VM staff anyway.