Pvr 9200t standby

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
Forum Member
Has anyone had this problem
I put my pvr into standby and then can't wake it up.
I can eventually get it working by powering off and back on then pressing the standby button on the machine itself but I may have to do this a couple of dozen times

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I don't know how long you have had the machinne, but when I first got mine at the end of last year, I was doing a lot of that switching off and on, because of an apparent failure to boot up. I say 'apparaent' because I soon learned that the time the machine takes to boot up can be erratic. and sometimes quite prolonged It can take a good 30 seconds or more to spring into life sometimes - and you think nothing is going to happen. Try giving it 30 secs to a minute to boot up before doing anything. It worked for me.

If, of course, it still has the problem even with a decent waiting time, then it might need to go back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that but having only just got it back on i'm a bit unwilling to try another standby test. If it has to go back i can't imagine having to go back to a vcr for a week or so
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    My first 9200 had this problem. I contacted the supplier (in my case Hughes Direct). They sent a replacement THEN collected the duff unit (the DHL driver was a bit miffed, as he didn't know to do the pick-up until he returned to the depot after doing deliveries).

So I was not without a unit, infact for a few hours I had two!

The new unit works faultlessly (excluding the wish-list items). It did freeze for a while over the past couple of weeks, but the new software has sorted that.

So contact your supplier, expain the unit is faulty (won't wake from standby), and ask for a replacement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Catch-22 wrote:
    Thanks for that but having only just got it back on i'm a bit unwilling to try another standby test. If it has to go back i can't imagine having to go back to a vcr for a week or so

Understand your hesitancy, though like a lot of us, you might find it just needs time and not return! And by the way, as several people have pointed out a while back on here, it usually has this problem coming out of standby if it hasn't been given time to power down properly when going into standby. If you try to power up immediately after going into standby, then you will get problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catch-22 wrote:
    Has anyone had this problem
    I put my pvr into standby and then can't wake it up.
    I can eventually get it working by powering off and back on then pressing the standby button on the machine itself but I may have to do this a couple of dozen times

Look at this thread: http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=343274

This problem was name 'struggling to come out of standby', and I experienced it, but haven't had the problem recently, and with the new firmware and factory resets, I think it might take a while before this rears its head again...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    crossed my fingers and put machine in standby for 30 minutes.
    then pressed the standby button and waited .....

10 minutes later the pvr came out of standby

is this exceptional, normal, fast, slow or what ?

(Its still a fantastic machine and I don't want to return it for repair)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It takes on average about 15 seconds. If you dont want to take it back to be fixed try reinstalling the loader software back onto the PVR. It might just fix it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catch-22 wrote:
    crossed my fingers and put machine in standby for 30 minutes.
    then pressed the standby button and waited .....

10 minutes later the pvr came out of standby

is this exceptional, normal, fast, slow or what ?

(Its still a fantastic machine and I don't want to return it for repair)

10 minutes! Way too long and so there's something wrong. The fastest reported is 14 secs and the slowest should be about 20 secs (which is what I am getting currently).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    How do you reinstall the loader S/W? Would it have been reinstalled automatically with the 1.00.04 OTA download?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got acopy of the loader software so if you want to try installing it PM me your email address and I'll send it. You just follow the sameeasy process as with updating the firmware manually.

If this does not work then it must be one of the fixes in the new loader I tested for the 9200t. When I installed it my machine went back to taking 15 seconds to start up and has been ever since.