Options

Topless Kate Pics

Comments

• Options
    Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Z listers make their own money unlike the Royals who just with draw it from the public purse. If anything this means they should behave better.

While I partly agree with that about the Royals, Z listers sell their soul for a fast buck therefore it's hypocritical of them to demand privacy when they want it. Kate and William have never to my knowledge sold their relationship, they have never had too, there's enough public interest so I would imagine they value their privacy quite highly.
  • Options
    STACEYFISHERSTACEYFISHER Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    The fact here is that this is our future King & Queen. So the small amount of privacy they do get should be respected.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate should have known better than to sunbathe topless. Unfortunately today with the sort of surveillance we have in society and long range lenses available there will always be some scummy journalist trying to make a quick buck. She probably thought they couldn't be seen but if you marry into the royal family topless sunbathing has got to be off the agenda.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    No british paper would ever publish them i don't think. Although if the French paper is telling the truth i'm sure they will come out fairly soon.

These sort of things rarely stay secret for long
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    Kate should have known better than to sunbathe topless. Unfortunately today with the sort of surveillance we have in society and long range lenses available there will always be some scummy journalist trying to make a quick buck. She probably thought they couldn't be seen but if you marry into the royal family topless sunbathing has got to be off the agenda.

Bit of an odd choice isn't it? Every time she is outdoors more or less she has to think she has the chance of being papped
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who would want to see them?

Yeah, no one will want to see them....
    Which magazine was it again, for research?
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

Totally disagree, surely she should be allowed the privacy of bathing topless in private villa with her husband
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,005
    Forum Member
    The French magazine was fined a mere £7,000 in 2007 for publishing photos taken on a public beach.

Maybe the British people should protest outside the French Embassy, refuse to buy French wine, boycott products advertised in the magazine, complain to the advertisers.
  • Options
    TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I tend to agree with you on this and that she made a bit of an error with the topless bit. Of course she should be able to go topless without fear on a private visit, but ...... privacy for any of us to be honest is very rare without some camera on us.

I feel very sorry for them and disgusted with the French. They hounded Diana and I still think there was something very fishy about the accident, embalming and PM, however, we've done that to the nth degree elsewhere.
  • Options
    katinthehatkatinthehat Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    History should've taught the new 'in' royals that there is no place outside which is completely private and they should keep their clothes on if they don't want some scummy journalist to get a sneak look at their body parts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gareth83 wrote: »
    Yeah, no one will want to see them....
    Which magazine was it again, for research?

It's OK I found them. Sack the photographer, too blurry.

Next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    History should've taught the new 'in' royals that there is no place outside which is completely private and they should keep their clothes on if they don't want some scummy journalist to get a sneak look at their body parts.

Why?

Shouldn't ALL the blame be on the peeping tom and the sick editor and publisher of the magazine ?

Targetting the advertisers and a mass protest at the French Embassy would no doubt have an affect.

A boycott of French products this weekend would be a good start.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Totally disagree, surely she should be allowed the privacy of bathing topless in private villa with her husband

I agree with you, and am frankly astonished that people are trying to attach any blame at all to Kate in this instance. As you say, she was in a private villa with her husband, not on a public beach. She absolutely had the right to expect privacy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike Wheeler has published them on his site.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Why?

Shouldn't ALL the blame be on the peeping tom and the sick editor and publisher of the magazine ?

Targetting the advertisers and a mass protest at the French Embassy would no doubt have an affect.

Does anyone actually boycott stuff out of principle ie The Sun, French stuff? Just seems to muich effort to get worked up about to be honest.
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Why?

Talk about over-reaction.
  • Options
    Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone actually boycott stuff out of principle ie The Sun, French stuff? Just seems to muich effort to get worked up about to be honest.

I can understand a boycott of The Sun purely as its gutter journalism at best. But boycotting all things French is a little extreme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    I agree with you, and am frankly astonished that people are trying to attach any blame at all to Kate in this instance. As you say, she was in a private villa with her husband, not on a public beach. She absolutely had the right to expect privacy.

The problem is this is not the first time such photographs have been published of people in private property. Photographs taken with long lenses have even been published of people INSIDE private buildings! She should expect some privacy but sadly, I'm not surprised by the pictures. I think the couple should have suspected something like this may happen after photos of them on honeymoon were published a few months ago.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »

I'm not blaming Kate at all it is the fault of the journalist entirely, but if you marry into royalty there are some sacrifices that need to be made and topless sunbathing is probably one of them.

Kate has gained a fabulous life of weath and priviledge. Her position dictates that she will need to exercise some caution with what she says and does because she will always be under scrutiny whether she likes it or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I can understand a boycott of The Sun purely as its gutter journalism at best. But boycotting all things French is a little extreme.

Too extreme IMO. Why should every French person suffer because of the actions of ONE magazine? Is there any evidence that the French public in general are happy with the publication?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Kate has gained a fabulous life of weath and priviledge. Her position dictates that she will need to exercise some caution with what she says and does because she will always be under scrutiny whether she likes it or not.

Yes, however the press and media and users here are making it sound like she shouldn't have expected privacy! I mean that is like saying if your wearing a short dress your asking to be raped.

These photos are personal and private! Should no royalty be allowed to holiday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geneve wrote: »
    Yes, however the press and media and users here are making it sound like she shouldn't have expected privacy! I mean that is like saying if your wearing a short dress your asking to be raped.

These photos are personal and private! Should no royalty be allowed to holiday?

Come on now. I mean, really? How did you come up with such an analogy?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sponsors and Advertisers have pulled out of TV programmes which have attracted controversy and advertisers pulled out of the News of The World.

The public buy the products that provides the money on which the magazines need to survive.

If people say it's 'not worth it' or 'there's nothing we can do' then it will lead to such things as the Milly Dowler situation or an extreme reaction such we are currently seeing certain arab countries.

Laurence Pieau, editor-in-chief of Closer France appears to have a twitter account.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankly with all the attention she's had over the last few years I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

I think some of the outrage by posters over this is a little disingenious. Why should some French rag care about the privacy of our Royals? If it were a mere movie-star no-one would care.
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Who would want to see them?
    If you need to ask that question, you'll probably never understand!